randi's happy horses

muffy168

:cool: Hi there:

We have done randi's happy horse ride twice now and looking forward to doing it again when we visit mazatlan in the future. Its a great ride and yes she has a transportation only cost I think it was $15 We had a big group when we went and quite a few just did transportation and they loved hanging out with randi at victors . The shrimp there is awsome definately would get it again .

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks so much for the replies. I talked to Hubby last night about hanging out at Victors while I ride, and he was pretty amenable to that. The compromise is: I pick one excursion, he picks one and we both pick another one, since we will be in Cabo, Mazatlan and La Paz, it works out perfectly. ;)

Hee-hee, a good bra is not an issue, not extremely "well endowed" up there, and posting the trot really minimizes the "bouncing girls". I have a horse of my own and I'm a lifelong equestrienne, and I LOVE riding on the beach. I"ve taken my own horse to Del Mar (in San Diego) and ridden in the surf there, and also down by the TJ border in the US side there are miles of beaches to ride on at Border Field State Park.

I am happy to hear that Randi's horses are well taken care of. When we did a small vacation years ago, down in Ensenada the condition of the horses was abysmal, and I felt really bad for them. However, I realize that the standard of care is different down there, and the horses are cared for to the best of the operator's ability, as they are their livelihood.

Sounds like Randi's horses are well cared for, which makes me happy, and I can't wait to ride there!

I did notice on the youtube video of the ride that nobody is carry any of their stuff like backpacks, beachbags, etc. Does someone else take care of it for you ? Just curious if we should bring it in something specific. I'm thinking a fanny pack for our sail and sign and money. But the rest of the stuff I'm not sure about. Thanks for any info.

We have used Randi's before, but I can't remember if she has an age limit. We are thinking of taking our kids on a cruise in Feb. of 09 and would love to use Randi's again, but our youngest will be 5 then. Can she ride along with my DH?

We were there in December and my 2 year old (almost 3) was able to ride. Tony's dad has a special harness for little ones that strapped her in securely. One of the guides, Lulu, stayed right with her the whole time. It was awesome!! Your 5 year old will love it!

Let me just add in a hint for anyone who is worried about being sore, and also a reply to another thread where they had problems with their bum hurting.

Yes it will hurt at first. It hurts everyone, But you can help it by being relaxed in your saddle. once you get relaxed and get in to the rythm of the horse, you should be able to keep you butt in the saddle. Not only will this help you not be so sore, but with you bouncing up and down in your saddle it can really hurt a horses back. They aren't doing this to make your butt hurt, it just is what they are taught to do, and how their body moves. so i repeat STAY RELAXED!!! even when you stop, don't get rigid, pretend that you are brick wall. just stop.

ALso another thing people don't realize is that their body is telling them to do something that their mind doesn't want. If you are rigid and holding real tight on the saddle with your legs, that means to trot. If you are holding the reigns to tight, it REALLY hurts the horses mouth, and if you let them bounce around you can actual tear the skin around their mouth. Which makes them "disobey" you and not listen to your commands.

So if you are worried about Being really sore, concentrate on relaxing. I know the first couple times that I rode, I was not relaxed at all! mainly from a prior experience that unnerved me. But once i forced myself to relax I wasn't so sore.

Keeping you bum in the seat will make your ride alot better, and careful with the reigns. Those things are attatched to their mouths!

I am planning on going on this in a week, and i will tell you later how it went.

Btw, i know this from riding lessons... and Even though the horse is bigger than you(though from the pics, They look on the smallish side) It will listen to you if you give it clear commands

Hi,

I sent Randi an email/registration form a few days ago and havent' heard from her. Does anyone have any idea how long before she usually responds to reservation requests?

I don't want to bug her, but I don't want to miss out, either...

thanks!

Sue

That's where mine went last year when I was looking for mine. Also...if you can't make the trip eg. sick on ship, please let Randy know. Keep her information with you. She waits for everyone who signed up and since we don't have to pay up front it is easier to back out. Which would suck for all involved if that happened. :eek: Last year a couple didn't show up but another was sick and sent word.

Yeah, I have been checking my junk mail, because i have written to several people about different excursions.

thanks for the info, and the reminder to bring her information with me in case we have to cancel....

SUe

Her website registration may be down. When I booked 10 days ago, I filled out the website registration AND emailed her. Randi responded right away to the email (about 6 hours) and said,

"I'm glad you e-mailed me direct as I didn't get the form. I have to write to my web master and find out what is going on."

BTW, Mazatlan Frank took 1-2 days to respond and Millenium Massage (at Krystal's) took 2-3 days. So they all respond fairly quickly.

Randi got back to me overnight on my request for info. She recommended we wear jeans and bring shorts to change into after the ride.

Here's a question: How do we get to her corral and then back to the ship? I thought Stone Island was accessible by boat, and I don't want to spend the morning in wet-legged jeans! Hope I'm making sense!!!

TIA for information about the actual transportation to/from her corral and Victor's.

Here's a question: How do we get to her corral and then back to the ship? I thought Stone Island was accessible by boat, and I don't want to spend the morning in wet-legged jeans! Hope I'm making sense!!!

TIA for information about the actual transportation to/from her corral and Victor's.

Here's what Randi sent to me:

We will be at the TERMINAL - NOT THE SHIP NOR THE PIER - AT 8:30AM TO PICK YOU UP.

All you have to do is get off the ship, board one of the port supplied shuttles and it will take you to the terminal building. Just get off the shuttle, ignore all the many many time share people, walk straight thru the building and look for us. We are difficult to miss with our pink signs as you exit the building.

We will have you back at the terminal no later than 2:00pm which leaves you plenty of time for shopping or whatever. You may, however, want to take some small bills for shopping on the Island.

Hope this helps.

Randi got back to me overnight on my request for info. She recommended we wear jeans and bring shorts to change into after the ride.

After you meet in the terminal area, Randi and Tony will take you all out of the terminal and load you in the local taxis (pick ups with a seating area built in the bed) for a short ride to the water taxi. The water taxi loads from a dock at both ends of the journey, so you don't get wet. Unless you fall in the water.:p At the dock on Stone Island, transportation is waiting to take you to the horses: it is a tractor drawn cart. A short ride through the island and you are at the horses. You can leave what you don't want to take with you on the ride and they will bring it to Victor's at the end; I did this with my guitar this past NYE cruise (08)and a lot of people did this with backpacks. At Victor's a lot of people changed clothes to play on the beach. Reverse the transportation to get home. Pictures at http://ronrythm.com/RandisHorses1.html

Enjoy

Ron

Archived