On board Volendam

Sage

Greetings everyone. We are onboard, and the internet is finally up and running, for the moment anyway. We are having a wonderful time, and the ship is beautiful. The Officers and Crew have been outstanding, and everyone seems to be adjusting well to the sea days. Embarkation went smoothly, and we were onboard shortly after 11:30. We have had beautiful weather, and although the seas were a bit bumpy last night, they have been wonderful today. I will make a short entry this time, as the internet is a bit iffy at best today. Please feel free to ask questions, and I will do my best to answer.

Aloha Sage, I am glad everything is going great. I watched your Sail Away on the Vancouver Web Cam, it was a bit late leaving but I heard there were some late passengers embarking, but it looked like a nice sail away but a bet a bit cool;)

Have a great cruise!!!!

Sage -

Have a wonderful trip - I know you will. I just got off her last Tuesday - afer being aboard 17 days I was tempted to just do Hawaii, but I'm afraid some of my clients wouldn't understand - oh well!

Say hello to Mike, the Security Officer for me and to Firmin.

I am sooo jealous!

Barbara

Hi, Sage

I hope you are having a wonderful time. BSeaBob reports you had a lovely visit in Oregon.

Who is the concierge in the Neptune? Will they continue on with the Alaska itinerary?

Check-in when you get a moment.

Have fun.

B

And, Aloha from me too! Have been looking for your posts! Glad to know you got the suitcase closed and are happily enjoying those sea days on your way to my favorite place. Mahalo for answering our questions! I'll be back with a couple later on. For now, hope you continue to have sunny skies and calm seas - oh, and don't forget to bring the whales back with you!

Bucky

:D A huge HELLO! to you, Sage! I am too new at this board stuff to know to look over here for your posts:cool: ......... so glad to hear from you and know you are well and happy!

Thanks to Bucky3 for helping me locate your posting site.

I am just too excited to work or think straight these days in anticipation of meeting up with you on May 10......... hearing from you may calm me down a bit and help me feel as if I am on board too!!

DH is "getting into it" finally!!!!! He is figuring out the money coversion process and getting the traveler's checks and cash together - yea! I alerted our cc company this am so my charges will go thru without a hitch.

I have my large suitcase packed and am working on the smaller one and carry on --- I just need for the day to arrive........but I know you are hoping the days drag so you can enjoy your time in Hawaii -- you will just LOVE it -- everything about it!!!

Enjoy the day -- hope you are having smooth seas today and a lovely restful day!

Sage.....My computer crashed and this is the first I've been back on line.

Want to wish you a wonderful time.

Enjoy that pretty ship and the great crew.

(pssst.....I had a nice note from 'Queen quak...and it sounds like you're having a great time. :) )

Hi Sage - Just thought I'd bring this up a bit 'cause maybe tomorrow you'll start posting about your port adventures! You must be having a great tme. Hope the weather has cooperated! Look forward to what you'll have to say to us on those lazy sea days ahead! Wondering if they are still doing the Chef's Dinner/Dancing thing?? We leave for Vancouver on May 14th for our drive to the Volendam that leaves on the 17th! Looking forward to all the info you can provide about the ship. Continue to enjoy. Wishing you calm seas ahead. Aloha! Bucky

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for your offer of info. We are sailing on the Volendam in December and were wondering if wireless internet (hotspot) is accessible from the Neptune Lounge, and maybe even from a cabin near the Neptune Lounge. I will have my laptop and wireless card.

Thanks much!

Yes, access is possible from the Neptune Lounge, and I know for a fact that access is also possible in Suites 7021 and 7006. There may be other cabins that also have access, but these are the ones that I am certain of access.

Archived