Ticketing SNAFU.. Warning

C 2 C

I am about to embark on an extended cruise dealing with B2B2B on two different ships. We sail on Voyager April 29, Galaxy May 6th and May 22nd.

We have in hand our tickets for the first two bookings but were waiting anxiously for our final cruise booklet. After repeated calls to the agency over the past several weeks I called the Captain's Club to see if I actually need the tickets since I was onboard anyways. During an extended phone call and several holds I was told that the reason the agency had not received the tickets was because final payment had not been made. I had received the Agency final payment receipt Feb. 21 and my credit card statement confirmed it. After another hour on hold with my (now former) agency, payment was confirmed by Celebrity and I am now waiting for an E-ticket.

I guess the implication here is that if you are waiting for your tickets and sailing time is approaching... contact the cruise company. The time to boarding for the tickets concerned is nearly 4 weeks away but since mail could not get to me after tomorrow I wanted something in print... Sometimes it pays to be worried. I could just imagine being on board Galaxy and being told I had to get off and buy a one way ticket home because my cruise was not paid for through a clerical error.:mad:

Why did you say former TA. It was not her fault. Your credit card company confirmed that!! They told you it had been charged. It was the cruise lines fault for not getting the doc's out to you or your TA.

Please don't be so quick to blame someone who is not at fault.

Even a judge and jury hear both sides.

Why did you say former TA. It was not her(their) fault.

If I can find out by calling Celebrity that final payment had not been received as the reason for absent tickets, then my TA would have found out the same thing by calling. I had been assured that the agency had been in contact with Celebrity about the absent tickets.

It seems that RCL and the agency are no longer on speaking terms. The contact was through emails.. Upon my urging a phone call was finally placed by the agency and my payment was forwarded.

Arno, thank goodness you discovered this now!! It could have been pretty ugly!

Have a safe trip to the Caribbean & we look forward to seeing you aboard the Galaxy next Saturday. Enjoy the wedding. J.

The fact that they had not cancelled your last leg of the trip tells me that the money WAS there or they would have automatically cancelled your cruise since it is past the deadline for final payment. Of course YOU knew it was there and so did your credit card company. Sounds like a book keeping problem where they just hadn't shown it was paid. Weird.Glad it worked out for you, even if you had to handle it yourself!

Did not your agency have a document department?

Those that to, run reports to show those which are outstanding.

Did you do your own return air, or did the cruiseline?

Agency had a document department, cruisleine air and transfers for return from Rome. It was the flight details I was trying to confirm.

Agency had a document department, cruisleine air and transfers for return from Rome. It was the flight details I was trying to confirm.

Good morning Arno ~ wanting to wish you and Joanne a great trip! Glad you got your ticket mess straighten out. ~ Els

Glad you got your ticket mess straighten out. ~ Els

My email tickets do not include any air arrangements. I was just talking to customer Service at Celebrity and they won't give me the details.... they emailed the info to the cruise agency and they don't open for another three hours.... in Vancouver.

The amazing thing is that I was able to get my express pass printed out for the cruise a week ago... Withou having paid for it????:confused:

Your agency didn't give you the flight arrangements when they came in? Jeesh, you do need a new agency.

Bon voyage!

You are going to have a wonderful trip regardless!!

One thing I never thought to double check was the luggage tags. One couple on board our Summit cruise had 3 tags for the Summit and one tag for the Vision which was leaving from the same port. They put all the tags on and guess what? Sure enough one of their bags went on Vision. Luckily they reported it at check in and last sight of them was trying to retrieve the missing bag.

Archived