Secret door on Carnival Victory??

Redsoxfan14

For our cruise on the Victory last June I have these notes: find the door at the bow of the ship on decks 6, 7, and 9. The view is great and it was pretty private at times. We especially loved being above the bridge on 9.

Since we had a balcony cabin we never went out there, but could see a couple of those decks from our cabin, and it looked liked a nice spot.

John

They're not really "Secret", just not widely known about. There are public balconies at the front of the ship on Decks 6, 7, 9, & 10. They can be accessed by going all the way forward on these decks and going through the doors facing to the outside of the ship. If you don't mind it being windy, it’s a great place to go, and yes, it is pretty quiet. We went to a farewell party with about six other couples on Deck 10 at sunset on the last night of our Victory cruise.

OMG! :eek: That's "Our" deck!!...lol.:p We booked cabin 1007 on the Victory (deck 10)...it's all the way forward. (in May of '04) Every morning I would take my shower, go out on the deck and have my morning coffee while the wind blew my hair dry! lol...it's never looked better!:D Every night after coming back from the disco we would take our drinks out there before retiring. There was nothing better! We loved it so much that we're booking all the way forward...deck 10...on the Valor! I don't think I'll ever have a room any where else on the ship!:D

There is a door. A secret door. Where mystery and imagination will drive you batty.

You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone. There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call "The Twilight Zone".

Thanks for the info everyone, I really appreciate it. My wife and I will have to check out these spots.

Hey Coolest ... nice to see you on another thread besides our roll-call thread. So .. maybe we'll be bumping into each other on one of these balconies along with the Lido bar.

There is a door. A secret door. Where mystery and imagination will drive you batty.

You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone. There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call "The Twilight Zone".

Wow, it's amazing that you dont have better things to do with your time than to waste it by posting something like this. lol

OMG! :eek: That's "Our" deck!!...lol.:p We booked cabin 1007 on the Victory (deck 10)...it's all the way forward. (in May of '04) Every morning I would take my shower, go out on the deck and have my morning coffee while the wind blew my hair dry! lol...it's never looked better!:D Every night after coming back from the disco we would take our drinks out there before retiring. There was nothing better! We loved it so much that we're booking all the way forward...deck 10...on the Valor! I don't think I'll ever have a room any where else on the ship!:D

When in May of '04 were you on the Victory. Our honeymoon was aboard the Victory in May of '04 (5/23-5/29). Were we on the same ship?

2 years ago we just had a window cabin but a couple that we met and became friendly with during the week had a balcony cabin and it was very nice. So, this year we decided to go for the balcony cabin. I can't wait ... our cruise sails less than a month away.

We were in 6212 back in June. 3 doors from the front. Great place to go for ports. One thing great about it is they do not have lights on in the front at night like the rest of the ship. Great for star watching and seeing other ships at night. Get there from deck 6 or 7. Not a secret just not known.

I like to go to these spots on all the boats first thing in the morning to watch the sun come up (even if I have a balcony). Just beware - it is very windy! Bringing a cup of coffee up there can lead to having to change a shirt just a few minutes after putting it on! No worries about it being too hot though!

Gonna bring a covered mug this time just for this spot.

In looking at the brochure there seems to be a stairway between the empress and upper deck, is there? So is this just another deck area with chairs? How crowded do they get during sail away? This is our first time for a destiny class ship.

You were on the Victory after us....we took the 5/9/04-5/16/04 sailing. Did you go into the disco much? I have a friend who worked in there at the time. (No longer with Carnival) Tall guy, name of Alek....a waiter.

Here's the view from on top of the bridge and what you will see from the front of the ship. Notice the stairs that lead from one deck to the other. The area closest to the bow is reserved for the crew. You'll see a lot of the dancers sunning themselves out there.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/64255475/1064257187030186251wbEcvC

• 2 weeks later...
You were on the Victory after us....we took the 5/9/04-5/16/04 sailing. Did you go into the disco much? I have a friend who worked in there at the time. (No longer with Carnival) Tall guy, name of Alek....a waiter.

Actually yes, we were in Club Arctic almost every night. We had a great time! I don't remember anyone by that description but most nights by 3:00am-4:00am ... we didn't remember much if you know what I mean. LOL

4 forward decks on the Victory - decks 6, 7, 9 & 10. Deck 9 is right above the bridge, so it extends out past the side of the ship. Nice spot for watching the dock workers when going into or out of port. Also a nice view down the side of the ship at night. but, there is a white light out there, so it is not the darkest of the 4 decks.

There are stairs between the 6th and 7th, and between the 9th and 10th decks.

The doors to these decks are in different locations, and I cannot remember with certainty where. Some are on the outside wall of the hallway, some are on the forward wall. Some are port, some are starboard. None are marked - just a plain door with a small window to the hallway, then a heavier wood door to the outside.

Archived