Cruisers cancel x for Hal

Brad1185

Appears myself and several others are cancelling the Mercury for 12/1 to the Oosterday 12/2 out of San Diego. Way too many negative comments about the Mercury. Celebritys loss Hals gain.

One of your Hal posters invited us over, said you were a friendly bunch here.

My only Hal experience was the Maasdam last year. Had a gGreat time.

Appears myself and several others are cancelling the Mercury for 12/1 to the Oosterday 12/2 out of San Diego. Way too many negative comments about the Mercury. Celebritys loss Hals gain.

Glad you made it over here :). Welcome! As I said on the other thread, you will LOVE the Oosterdam. In fact, there is a current thread where someone is currently posting LIVE from the Oosterdam.

Marie

Hi Brad1185...I've only been on this board for a few months but I definitely feel at home and am competely addicted...it will be interesting to read your comparisons between X and HAL...happy sailing...

Received a brochure in the mail yesterday with some real bargain prices on Mercury to Mexico next Fall. I have not been following the X board but perhaps this is the reason they are reducing prices.

Gary

Welcome Brad, As you can tell by my signature DH and I have been on the Oosterdam 3 times:D We love the Oosterdam, when ever we step on board we feel like we came back home. After our first cruise on the Monarch DH and I were trying to decided on a different cruise it was between Celebrity Mercury and HAL Zuirderdam. We chose HAL and the rest has been history with several cruise and many more booked:)

So another words what I am trying to say is you will LOVE the Oosterdam:D

Hi Brad:

Well, I haven't been reading up on the Mercury posts lately, but having sailed on both Mercury and Oosterdam - I can honestly say that I had fantastic cruises on both ships, and would sail again on either one (or either line - X or HAL) in an instant!

I sailed on the final "Adults Only" 11 day "X" Mercury Mexico sailing over New Years a year ago, and had a most wonderful time.

Had a great sailing on the Oosterdam as well last spring, and am looking forward to sailing on her again this fall.

You might want to check out the Mexico "Port of Call" boards as well. I would really recommend Randi's Happy Horses as a super excursion to take in Mazatlan ! Was by far my favourite tour in Mexico.

Enjoy the Oosterdam !

Dave

Welcome Brad! We will be on the cruise with you on 12/2. I just got off the Roll Call board and see another couple have joined that also cancelled the Mercury. We've sailed HAL before but are looking forward to being on the O, there are so many great reports about her and the Mexican ports. Take a look at MikeT718's pictures, they are the greatest and will really get you excited!

Linda

Hi Guys: Count me in as another Celebrity/HAL transplant. Sailing Oosterdam 12/2. ExaltHim invited me over to the boards and from what I have read on the HAL board so far, you are all terrific folks. I'm glad to be among you!

Having been on Mercury last October and just off ZUI last month (Oosterdams' sister ship) I think you made a great choice!

I really enjoy X but the Mercury was not up to Celebrity's standards.

Archived