• Voyager of the Seas
    • Brilliance of the Seas
    • Jewel of the Seas
    • Radiance of the Seas
    • Navigator of the Seas
    • Grandeur of the Seas
    • Empress of the Seas
    • Monarch of the Seas

The hands down winner is the Radiance of the Seas. It is the most elegant of the RCCL fleet. We sailed her 11/03. The ship is beautifully designed. It was our 10th cruise with RCCL. We sail on the new Jewel of the Seas (a sister ship in the same class) 12/04. If the Jewel is a magnificent as the Radiance, we till be totally satisfied.

I'd have to say that the Song of Norway is my favorite ship of all time. This was Royal Caribbean's first ship and my first cruise and there hasn't been anything that can compare to come along. My second favorite is the Enchantment of the Seas.

Taters

LOVED BRILLIANCE -- that's why I'm taking my 3 adult kids & spouses on RADIANCE for their Christmas present!! It's a PERFECT SIZE ship & cabins are quite nice!!
(However we're primarily Princess fans because of Personal Choice Dining - but that's another topic!)

I think I favor the smaller ships. I just loved the Nordic Empress!

We are sailing on the Mariner on November though. We sailed on the Explorer 2 years ago and I liked it, but it just didn't seem as personalized as the smaller ships.:)

[color=darkorange][b]Mariner[/b][/color]
[size=3][color=red][b]Mariner[/b][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=blue][b]Mariner[/b][/color][/size]
[size=5][color=gray][b]Mariner[/b][/color][/size]
[size=6][color=lime][b]Mariner[/b][/color][/size]
[size=7][color=magenta][b]Mariner[/b][/color][/size]
:cool:

[quote name='jstducky'][color=darkorchid]let's see if this new poll function works....[/color]
[color=#9932cc][/color]
[color=#9932cc]now don't yell at me... eventhough this poll function is better than the last one in the fact that you can set the number of voting options, 10 is the maximum and there are 19 RCI ships.. so I just decided to choose randomly. So if your fav ship isn't listed, just reply to the thread and let us know which your favorite ship is and why....:o [/color][/QUOTE]

did not vote...too hard to decide. explorer was my first ( i have a special place in my heart for her) brilliance is my next (first out of voyager class)..let me get back to you in say 10-20 years <s>
dean & alice

I loved the navigator! The brilliance is great, the 2 places on those i loved were the solarium and the lounge on the aft of deck 6, but they didnt compare to the 6 Hot tubs, ice skating, royal prominade, 2 story disco, and the all over grand size of the Navigator!

(The brilliance (and other radiance ships) need more hot tubs!)

• 2 weeks later...
Every RCI ship we have been on has had its special memories... MOnarch was wonderful because it was our first cruise and we were so young... Brilliance was just fantastic all round and was a longer itinerary.... Majesty, so friendly and food the best so far.... Nordic Empress, the Carousel - bar staff Brenton and Natale were the bee's knee's & loved the Carousel, so sad to see it go although it was a little tired :( .... Explorer for the ice-show and high-street... and Spendour for the Euro itinerary and it being my birthday cruise, as well as seeing the bridge. Have to go for Brilliance as she was so new when we sailed on her (13th cruise), great captain in James MacDonald, fantastic CD in Becky Thompson, beautiful ship, great cabin etc etc

I have to agree about the Explorer's ice show. It was spectacular. I liked the one on the Voyager, but it was nothing compared to the Explorer. I was disappointed in the food at the Windjammer on Explorer. Also, I had an atrium cabin which I disliked immensely. I guess Song of America was my favorite because it was my first RCI cruise and it was soooo different (and better) than the cruise lines I'd been on (Carnival, Costa, Premier, Dolphin). The Swedish captain came over the loud speaker to ask us to observe a minute of silence as the Swedish Football team had just lost in World Cup. I just loved that cruise!

• 2 months later...

Archived