Beach Bag /Tote

Can somone PLEASE suggest a great designer, maker or website of a great beach /pool bag? I can't find one.... I must be picky!

I have three children and where we live has a clubhouse/ pool that we LIVE at all summer. I need it to be large and sturdy, but all the ones I see have these tropical prints that make me dizzy!

Anyone ?:confused:

Thanks

It's tacky as all get-out but we use an ammunition bag (used to be our diaper bag) plenty of pockets, very sturdy and the perfect size for us. You can get 'em at any surplus store and they come in black, brown green and camo :cool:

For beach stuff on our cruise, we're thinking about a messenger bag. I never carry large bags travelling, and I understand that there may be some other walking/shopping/ touring on excursions so I'd like it to be comfortable.

What do y'all think?

Happy ksTake a look here:

http://www.landsend.com/cd/index/fp/...55116122122610

YES!!!!! That is what I am talking about!!!!! Thank you SOOOOOOO much. I was going crazy because all of the ones I was finding were just too small. These are perfect, and not a bad price either!

Thanks... I can breathe a sigh of relief;) !

I have the Landsend one as HappyKS suggested, it's nice and it is quite large (the model I got) actually larger than what I needed but works fine as I carry a lot of stuff to the beach in Maine because I hate heat and sun and do it to please hubby so I have a lot of "beach stuff" to feel comfy in as I don't wear a bathing suit either.

I found mine at, believe it or not, my local Hallmark store. They carry some really cute beach bags in the summer that I use for that, but also a diaper bag for the babies. Lots of pockets, cute designs (mine has palm trees on it) and tough as nails.

I LOVE tote bags. I have many different ones for different things but I love the LL Bean Boat and Tote Bags (look alot like the ones from Lands End). Also, check out Vera Bradley for something a little more preppy. Hubby bought me a tote at Lord and Taylor last year that was being sold to support Breast Cancer Awareness. I think they offer one every year around Mother's Day. Very chic with a pink floral print and pink metallic trim. Looks great with the right outfit.

Hey thanks for the addt'l info!

I actually just custom designed one from LL Bean.... what a fun thing!!! I got the extra large.

A little pricey but I figure for as much use as it sees, it will be all worth it!!!

Thanks ladies, you all have saved the day, I KNEW I could count on you to educate me!:D

Desperatehousewife - Let me know how you like the extra large from Beans - a friend bought the large and I thought it really looked nice - I've spent the past month playing with the colors - trying to get exactly what I want - I do know I want the long handles though. What colors did you end up picking? Jan

I have two of the extra large LLBean totes I got from the outlet--I think $10 each? Really really cheap! Of course, I couldn't customize them, but at that price, I didn't much care:p I've had one for 10+ years, the other for about 4-5 years now. I can hardly see any wear on them at all!

a friend bought the large and I thought it really looked nice - I do know I want the long handles though. Jan

I have the large Bean tote and it could use the longer handles. When the bag gets heavy and I want to throw it onto my shoulder, I can't. It gets heavy and uncomfortable pretty fast.

So, whichever you do choose, try to get longer handles.;)

I have two of the extra large LLBean totes I got from the outlet--I think $10 each? Really really cheap! Of course, I couldn't customize them, but at that price, I didn't much care:p I've had one for 10+ years, the other for about 4-5 years now. I can hardly see any wear on them at all!

I've had a pair that I've used for the past 20 years. The LL Bean Boat & Tote bags do not wear out. I've retired mine to the camping gear, I think its time for another!

Living in Maine - we go to one of the outlet stores every so often and then to Freeport once every few years - as all say - Beans products don't wear out - and if there is a problem they will exchange without a hassle. (DD had a backpack that the zipper broke after a few years of use - they gave her a new one. I've always been pleased (and almost all of the totes are made in Maine). Jan

Believe it or not I have NEVER bought anything from LL Bean before or even looked at the catalog!!! :eek: Shame Shame!! I placed myself on the catalog mailing list now, I looked at the entire website and can't believe I have been missing out.:( Great items for travel and boating!

Thanks!

Believe it or not I have NEVER bought anything from LL Bean before or even looked at the catalog!!! :eek: Shame Shame!! I placed myself on the catalog mailing list now, I looked at the entire website and can't believe I have been missing out.:( Great items for travel and boating!

Thanks!

Lawsy my grandparents ordered from LL Bean! They are an American tradition!

For anyone else who sews (and I can see I am almost alone here), Hancock fabrics is going to have a Butterick Pattern sale next week, starting on Sunday. They have three adorable beach bags. I am seriously thinking about making all three and dragging along the one that comes out best. Normally the patterns are $16+ but they will be 1.99.

They can be seen here: http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/butterick/shop.cgi

I used to love to sew - I had an old second hand Singer cabinet style with a knee peddle - that machine could do anything - somewhere over the years it ended up in a yard sale and I really regret it - Haven't found another machine that I like. When the kids were little I'd make their Halloween costumes and even made some winter coats for my mom and sister that came out really well. Someday I hope to get back to sewing again.

(The totes through LL Bean are a very heavy canvas material), but if I picked out the right tote patterns they were very nice too. Jan

For anyone else who sews (and I can see I am almost alone here), Hancock fabrics is going to have a Butterick Pattern sale next week, starting on Sunday. They have three adorable beach bags. I am seriously thinking about making all three and dragging along the one that comes out best. Normally the patterns are $16+ but they will be 1.99.

They can be seen here: http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/butterick/shop.cgi

HEY... that is actually a great idea!!! I sew!!

Too bad I did not think about that before hand.....:o

Oh well, they do have some cute patterns, you are right! Good idea.... maybe I'll make one anyway:rolleyes: ... fun idea anyway!

Thanks for the link!

BTW... where do you see the 3 bag patterns? I am looking but see soooo many. Do you have the exact link? Thanks

Archived