New itinerary for Carnival Destiny!

M.S JAZO

Starting in Jan, Destiny will be sailing extended day-long visits to St. Lucia, Antigua, Dominica, Barbados and St. Thomas/St. John, along with a sea day. I dont like this one, i like the old one better with Aruba.

HI, SOUNDS LIKE YOU KNOW A LOT ABOUT DESTINY. WE ARE SAILING FROM SAN JUAN ON MAY 7TH. I heard that the ship doesn't leave port until 10 p.m. We are expected to arrive at the terminal about 1:30 p.m. Will we be able to go aboard after we sign in at the terminal??? Thanks for your advice.

gildedlily, Sorry, I really dont know much about how her Iten and boarding times works, Try and posting in the Past, Present and Future Destiny Passenger post. Its a hugh thread with thousands of posts.

steel123, Yes, Destiny is the only ship visiting Aruba. There is another ship that heads south, but not as far to Aruba. They sometimes have Aruba as a port on Full Transit Canal Cruises, but Carnival hasnt done a full transit cruise in 2004.

HI, SOUNDS LIKE YOU KNOW A LOT ABOUT DESTINY. WE ARE SAILING FROM SAN JUAN ON MAY 7TH. I heard that the ship doesn't leave port until 10 p.m. We are expected to arrive at the terminal about 1:30 p.m. Will we be able to go aboard after we sign in at the terminal??? Thanks for your advice.

You're right. The Destiny sets sail at 10:00 p.m. Embarkation begins around 1:30. If you get there early in the afternoon, after you register you can get off the ship and visit San Juan. Just remember to be back on board by 9:30 (I'd even say 9:00 just to be safe).

I have heard that the United States is trying to put a ban on citizens traveling to Aruba. I don't know if this a rumor or not but I believe I heard it on CNN, MSNBC, or one of those big news stations. This may be a first step in heading in that direction. This is a result of the poor handling of the Natalie Holloway disappearance. I am sailing on Destiny May 28th with the old itinerary. I don't like the new one either only for the reason it seems too busy to me. I like the idea of stopping at different ports but if I am going to cruise I also want time to cruise and just spend time relaxing on the ship for two days at sea. This new itinerary only gives one day at sea. I think with the new one I would feel rushed and exhausted.

I'm glad for the change. I always wanted to see St. Lucia. Going to Aruba was keeping my husband and I from doing a Southern Carribean Cruise. I'm one of the people who are boycotting Aruba because of the Natalie Holloway(sp?) case.

I have heard that the United States is trying to put a ban on citizens traveling to Aruba. I don't know if this a rumor or not but I believe I heard it on CNN, MSNBC, or one of those big news stations. This may be a first step in heading in that direction. This is a result of the poor handling of the Natalie Holloway disappearance. I am sailing on Destiny May 28th with the old itinerary. I don't like the new one either only for the reason it seems too busy to me. I like the idea of stopping at different ports but if I am going to cruise I also want time to cruise and just spend time relaxing on the ship for two days at sea. This new itinerary only gives one day at sea. I think with the new one I would feel rushed and exhausted.

It is an absolute crock and probably illegal to boot.

There is another ship that is going to be home ported in Aruba year round which could have something to do with it. Carnival trying to save on fuel could be another.

I have heard that the United States is trying to put a ban on citizens traveling to Aruba. I don't know if this a rumor or not but I believe I heard it on CNN, MSNBC, or one of those big news stations.

This is a good reason not to believe everything you see or hear on tv. :)

There is another ship that is going to be home ported in Aruba year round which could have something to do with it. Carnival trying to save on fuel could be another.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. I also think that Carnivals contract for pier use is up. (Im glad I jumped on this ship while it was still going to Aruba.

I really dont see my government banning travel to Aruba because of Natalie.

I think they leave San Juan so late because of flight schedules and because typically the next port is very close.)

We did get back off the ship after boarding, to go to the liquor store right there at the pier. Interestingly, they really did not mind us bringing on booze or beer we bought there, and we took it right to the cabin. Maybe that has changed since I was there last, about 2 and 1/2 years ago.

It was interesting setting sail - there were other ships in port and we watched them go ahead of us. It's an exciting feeling getting underway for the first time - nothing like being at sea.

I love Aruba, I think it would be terrrible if the above rumor is true. Aruba is one of the safest, friendliest Carribean islands that I've visited(and I 've been to quite a few!) You just have to be smart and aware of your surroundings. Just use common sense!

I was torn between the Destiny and Liberty for our 2007 family cruise. I really wanted to have Aruba as a port. But as we all know, ports are not guaranteed, so we went for the newer ship! But Aruba will probably be our next land vacation destination :cool:

Cheers!

Corinne

I read about a ship being homeported in Aruba the other day. I read that it won't be marketed to North America. It is being marketed towards Spain and will be mostly spanish speaking. Since I have enough trouble with english I'll have to pass on this one.

I am not even sure that this is the same ship you are referring to. I was just looking for the article but can't find it.

Bill

Here is an article from CC about Aruba becoming a homeport: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1627

I know people have strong feelings regarding the Natalie case... but c'mon, one murder on the island in a whole year; seems pretty safe to me. We have had more murders in my local town in a year and the police aren't really speedy on solving those either... I also don't think the US would take kindly on being told how to run their investigations here by others either. I think what happened is very sad, certainly not right and hopefully those responsible will pay sooner rather than later and regardless what young Natalie was doing, doesn't mean this should have happened. Unfortunately we live in a bad, bad world where bad things happen and I think it would be unjust to boycott an island over one murder that has recieved such high publicity... I am sure there are other islands where Americans were killed that go unnoticed.

Aruba is awesome and I will really miss it on the Destiny's itinerary; I hope Carnival will add it to another ship's itinerary!

I have heard that the United States is trying to put a ban on citizens traveling to Aruba..

Al lot of misinformaychion here.

I am also boycotting texas as I here their are murders their two.

Well I just looked at my itenery and quess what it has changed. I just got back today from Legend so maybe thats why I haven't heard yet. I will have to check this out to see if I will cancel. I have plenty of time for that.

Love St Lucia and Antigua! That's enough to get me onboard! I'd take either one of those on a miserable rainy day over Aruba any day. Although, I did get an awesome jewelry deal in Aruba once. Still, not one of my favorite ports.

There used to be a couple ships home-ported in Aruba not too long ago. Sea-something-or-other(?). Almost booked one but opted for another itinerary.

It's true. I talked to my TA and also phoned Carnival. RCCL Adv. of the seas still hit Aruba as a port. I was told they could bring it back if enough complaints, but how in the world do you schedule any excursions?? We are sailing the Destiny Feb. and we disappointed in the change. Not thrilled about Antigua, but never been to St. Lucia so that will be fun!! Make the best of it I guess. Looked to cancel, but RC is too expensive.

Pure rumor and gobblydegook. Aruba is as safe, or safer than any other place you will go. It definitely is safer than all the major cities in the US.

Mark T

Archived