Pics Of Century

mc-cruiser

We have finally realized our dream of booking a Celebrity cruise. Got an e-mail offer I couldn't pass up even thought we weren't planning on a vacation until 2007: a little over $500 for one of the new balcony staterooms on Century on 11/27. Anyone disagree that this is a good deal? I've been on Princess, HAL, RCCL, and Carnival. I would rank them in that order. I am anticipating a little better service and food on Celebrity. Are my expectations reasonable? Also, just so I understand, the Century is making her way across the Atlantic from drydock as I write this, corredt?

We have finally realized our dream of booking a Celebrity cruise. Got an e-mail offer I couldn't pass up even thought we weren't planning on a vacation until 2007: a little over $500 for one of the new balcony staterooms on Century on 11/27. Anyone disagree that this is a good deal? I've been on Princess, HAL, RCCL, and Carnival. I would rank them in that order. I am anticipating a little better service and food on Celebrity. Are my expectations reasonable? Also, just so I understand, the Century is making her way across the Atlantic from drydock as I write this, corredt?

There seem to be some good deals on these short Caribbean routes. I'm sorting myself out for one at the end of our Connie trip next April. Only thing that puts me off a bit is Spring Break and not many days, so it might be a bit rowdy from what I have read here. The opportunity to cruise with friends is too good to pass up though. I'm really looking forward to the newly made over ship.

She's in Europe already. She went across the Atlantic a few weeks ago and dry-docked in Italy for her upgrade and is on her first Euro trip of the season.

Mirsk, thanks for the heads up on the lab cam. Seems they have "M-Classed" the interior of the windows:cool:

Phil

Another dumb question. Will there be an upgrade on the beds on Century. We sailed with HAL last Jan. and sure got spoiled with those beds. We are booked on another HAL cruise Jan. 2007 (Great itinerary) but are thinking of cancelling it and booking the Century. We've sailed her twice and love her.

Hi Lois - when we get off the ship we will be checking some FL. locations for retirement. Any suggestions?

Susan

Hi Susan, sorry I have replied sooner. I haven't checked in

on this thread in a long while.

Retirement locations? You will get tons of replies on that one.

The West Coast is less populated...Sarastoa area is nice.

The area near me is nice..Ocala has a retirement area near

it called "The Villages". It is supposed to be very nice too.

If you do a Google search for The Villages I am sure it will pop

up.

I have the Century booked for my birthday in March.

Hoping those sailing her now are having a great time:)

The slide show is FINALLY posted! While it doesn't show everything - it's something.

http://iqtv.com/clientHosted/celebrity/restoration/slideshow.html

The funny thing is.... most of those photos look like the same photos from the photosite website mentioned previously in this thread. I thought it was odd that Celebrity could not post more interesting photos.

Hopefully, they will post more photos in the coming days.

Andy,

I agree...that site is "bogus".

Why did they not finish out the first one ?

I wanted to see the finished product after watching a day by day account of what they were doing....

If I were a snake I'd be "HISSED OFF".:mad:

Jeff

Hi Jeff !

I agree, that I was disappointed that whoever posted the photos at the photosite website, never finished what they started. I can only assume it was done by Celebrity employees or other contract workers onboard. Perhaps they were too busy to be dealing with photos, as the end of the refurbishment was approaching. Hopefully, they will add more photos when things get settled on Century, and we will get a chance to see the final product.

Getting back to the Celebrity website.... I hope the 21 photos of Century, is not all that Celebrity plans to do. If so, that is simply not enough. Those of us who are very excited about Century (like myself) want to see the finished product.

If I was in charge of Celebrity's marketing department, I would have put a start to finish highlight VIDEO of the refurbishment on Celebrity's website, as well as a personalized email with a link to the video for all Captains Club members. In addition, I would have sent a more detailed DVD to Elite Captains Club members. That would have been a great touch by Celebrity.

At any rate, I hope we get to see more of Century soon !

Could X have picked 21 less interesting photos to post on their Century revitalization website? I'd love to meet the corporate suit who picked and/or approved those photos as the ones to be put out there to stir up interest, excite the public and make everyone want to call a travel agent to book passage on the new Century ASAP.

my mum and dad have just got onboard the newly 'revitalized' ship. They say the cabin is absolutely beautiful - they are in one of the new balcony concierge class cabins. Chilled champagne, flowers, fruit, bathrobes..... They say the bathroom is fab - double sized shower and they have a snazzy flat screen TV.

They are quite impressed!

Hi Jeff !

I agree, that I was disappointed that whoever posted the photos at the photosite website, never finished what they started. I can only assume it was done by Celebrity employees or other contract workers onboard. Perhaps they were too busy to be dealing with photos, as the end of the refurbishment was approaching. Hopefully, they will add more photos when things get settled on Century, and we will get a chance to see the final product.

Getting back to the Celebrity website.... I hope the 21 photos of Century, is not all that Celebrity plans to do. If so, that is simply not enough. Those of us who are very excited about Century (like myself) want to see the finished product.

If I was in charge of Celebrity's marketing department, I would have put a start to finish highlight VIDEO of the refurbishment on Celebrity's website, as well as a personalized email with a link to the video for all Captains Club members. In addition, I would have sent a more detailed DVD to Elite Captains Club members. That would have been a great touch by Celebrity.

At any rate, I hope we get to see more of Century soon !

It's quite obvious that the site that was linked to is not where near finished or ready to go live. The original photo site was intended for X execs to be able to view the progress. This latest site is obviously a build-out of the sub site they are creating for consumers and agents.

I highly doubt that you'll see the launch of the sub-site until the end of June which is when they'll have all the professional photography, video and virtual tours completed.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've seen all the photos that were posted until about a week or so ago, and then nothing new....

Does anyone have pictures that show anything at all, but especially concierge class and up, especially how the new balconies affect those cabins (looking down, etc. from the balcony of one of the cabins, not just nearby)?

Were all cabins upgraded in the same color scheme or do the colors change depending upon cabin grade?

How are the new aft cabins?

Soooo curious.

Hi I guess you saw mine ?? was the one with a msn groups link. All the inside and outside and CC staterooms I saw had the same red wine and white colour bedding and all looked the same apart from a window or a balcony. The Penthouse and other top grade staterooms where unique in their decor though.

Our first X cruise is in exactly 5 months! I got a great deal on the 5 night itinerary in the new 2A balcony category (guarantee); just over $500:

1. If given the opportunity, how much is upgrading to Concierge class worth. 2A is sold out so does anyone think we might be upgraded to it anyway on our guarantee? It seems like the OCV CC is the next category from 2A but it is a little confusing with the massive changes to the cabin setup.

Unrelated...

2.Just curious, what part of the world does most of the Century crew hail from?

Archived