Need help with room location

kgoeke

Leaving for our first cruise on Saturday. Wondering if anyone knows anything about Room C524. It is an inside room on the Caribe deck. My main concerns are the noise levels and the motion levels. I get motion sickness fairly easy.

Since you're leaving Saturday it's too late to change your room.

Bring earplugs if you think you might be bothered by noise and take Bonine for your seasickness. I take 1 Bonine the night before the cruise and 1 tablet every night of the cruise. I am also very sensitive to motion and with this regimen have never even felt queasy.

Caribe deck is usually pretty much the middle deck of the ship. If you are on anything larger than the Pacific or Tahitian you should be okay. 524 is fairly close to the center and you will feel practically no motion there. If you are concerned about motion sickness, I usually use the 24-hour non-drowsy formula of Dramamine. You need to take it once a day only and it works great.

Motion also depends on your itinerary. If you are on an Alaska trip, for example, there is very little motion because most of the time you are in protected waters.

Caribe Deck is not too high and not too low -- pretty central. And your cabin is pretty central as well, not quite center but not aft either. If the ship is moving up and down or sideways, you will get movement but not as much as you would if you were on a higher deck or further forward or aft. I know this isn't much of an answer but you're on a ship, on the Caribbean sea, and weather and waves can, and will, happen.

Kgoeke-:) Hello there, we are on the same cruise as you are, just down the hall a few, in a balcony room. These rooms are pretty quiet, there are just more rooms above you, and pretty close to the main elevators. We knew someone that had rooms right around ours and loved it. Have a great cruise!

Archived