Eastern Caribbean Beaches & AquaSox

Going to some Eastern beaches while on Explorer... Magan's Bay (St. Thomas), Orient Beach (St. Maarten), and Labadee (Hispaniola).

Are the beaches there sandy or rough on the bottoms? Is there a need for AquaSox or other foot protection?

Tried to do some reasearch on my own, and from what I can tell, they say Magan's Bay is sandy, but nothing on the other two.

TIA.

Take them with you if you're sensitive, just for your comfort! Since Orient beach is partly for nudist/ topless, I'd imaging the sand there is fine. I can't imagine nude folks walking about with those ugly shoes on! We haven't been to an advertised caribbean beach yet that was too rough to walk on--at least from the blanket to the water!

Labadee and Orient Beach are both sandy on the bottom. I would suggest maybe bringing a pair of flip flops and a change of clothes, sand gets everywhere:rolleyes: .

Haven't been to Magan's yet, probably this year. Last year went to Emerald Beach and it was sandy and a little rocky on one side, but beautiful.

Just back from Explorer 2 weeks ago and have to say that Magen's Bay is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. It was scenic and beautiful and the sand is white and soft, and not too deep so it's easy to walk in, you know? We found the sand at Paradise Island in Nassau, Bahamas to be very deep and extremely hard to walk in, for comparison.

Oh, Magen's Bay is the stuff dreams are made of.... it's wonderfully safe, too and there are minimal vendors there (locals selling their wares, I mean). Because it is a paid admission ($3.00 per person) I think this keeps the vendors away.

Have fun! Explorer is a beautiful ship. You'll love it.

~Karen

Archived