Ex-Con Godmother

ctguy001

I vote for Oprah Winfrey too.... At least she does alot of good things out there.... I wouldn't vote for Martha or Rosie.... Martha is a convicted felon and Rosie, though she has done some good things, I just don't like her.. She seems to think she's high/mighty.... And after what she did to Tom Selleck, she showed her real character.... Or lack there of.....

Anyone have Princess's customer service address?? Or email??

Bully for Martha. She has a mega empire.

She could begin to redeem herself by sharing some of her vast wealth to help the poor and underpriviledged in this country, and victims of devastating events like Katrina.

One does not hear of her donating $10,000,000, as Oprah did. Or even $1,000. An act like that might show she has a heart, an awareness of the needs of others, and maybe even some morals.

This is not a grudge talking here. This is disgust that some are so willing to forget what she did and accept her as though "what she did was not so bad, so lets just forget it". Poor thing, she just happened to get caught.

No, she did not kill anyone, but she did knowingly break the law. Yes, she served a little bit of time, then was on house arrest, but that "ankle bracelet" bothered her, so she took it off at times. And even though she was on house arrest and was only permitted to leave the house for very specific reasons, she did not always adhere to that. But that's okay. Whatever Martha wants to do is okay. Great role model.

It's things like that that cause me to have concerns about the values of some in this country.

However, I realize that fans of Martha cannot understand why some of us feel this way. So I have made what is probably my last comment on the issue here. That should please Martha lovers.

Bully for Martha. She has a mega empire.

She could begin to redeem herself by sharing some of her vast wealth to help the poor and underpriviledged in this country, and victims of devastating events like Katrina.

One does not hear of her donating $10,000,000, as Oprah did. Or even $1,000. An act like that might show she has a heart, an awareness of the needs of others, and maybe even some morals.

This is not a grudge talking here. This is disgust that some are so willing to forget what she did and accept her as though "what she did was not so bad, so lets just forget it". Poor thing, she just happened to get caught.

No, she did not kill anyone, but she did knowingly break the law. Yes, she served a little bit of time, then was on house arrest, but that "ankle bracelet" bothered her, so she took it off at times. And even though she was on house arrest and was only permitted to leave the house for very specific reasons, she did not always adhere to that. But that's okay. Whatever Martha wants to do is okay. Great role model.

It's things like that that cause me to have concerns about the values of some in this country.

However, I realize that fans of Martha cannot understand why some of us feel this way. So I have made what is probably my last comment on the issue here. That should please Martha lovers.

I applaud anyone who donates money to worthy causes but to me (my opinion only) there is something very honorable about doing charitable work and NOT making a big deal about it. There are many many people who donate millions of dollars who are not out there saying look what I did, look what I donated.

No one knows what Martha does or does not do because she chooses to not talk about it while Oprah (who has done a lot of good things) talks about it every chance she gets. I know this is off topic now but Bill and Melinda gates have donated probably billions of dollars and they are not out there crowing about it all the time. We don't know that Martha hasn't donated to Katrina or anything for that matter.

That said...again...not the best choice by Princess...

Why is it Martha’s fault that the punishment she was given isn’t enough for some people? She did what she was required to do in accordance with the sentencing at the end of her trial. I’m still puzzled at what she needs to do in order to clean her slate – would someone like to make a suggestion? If she gave $10 million to hurricane relief she’d be vilified as trying to pay her way out of disfavor. She can’t win. I really doubt that Martha had any say in what the judge decided was an appropriate sentence, so she can’t be blamed for not doing enough.

As for the values of some, here are mine – I believe that if someone does their “time” as determined in a court of law, they should be given another chance. We all make mistakes and if we’re supposed to carry them around all our lives, we’d all be hauling fairly large burdens. If she were a career criminal, I might think differently, but she's not. I have concerns about the values in this country too when people feel the need to continue to extract retribution from someone long after they’ve paid their debt.

No one knows what Martha does or does not do because she chooses to not talk about it while Oprah (who has done a lot of good things) talks about it every chance she gets. I know this is off topic now but Bill and Melinda gates have donated probably billions of dollars and they are not out there crowing about it all the time. We don't know that Martha hasn't donated to Katrina or anything for that matter.
Probably the most sensible response yet. Brava to Oprah for what she does, but she does tend to blow her own horn – every time she does something “good,” it seems she creates a media event around it.

And what did Rosie do to Tom Selleck? I'm in total agreement with her that the NRA is misguided - she should be proclaimed godmother just for bringing the issue to the public.

It's been addressed. She did the crime, served her time. Who the godmother is does not dictate who I cruise with. Honestly it's about as relavant in my life as a pimple on her behind. Does not affect me either way.

Of course I used to live in a U of M co-op that had a HUGE painting of Che Guevera on the wall of the dining room. The food was pretty good, even though I do not agree with his politics.

Nobody here has ever brought stock they got a tip about or has done something they are not proud of.

You are acting like a bunch of goody goodies. How many of you break the princess rule and sneak those bottles on board.

She paid the price for her crime, now it's time everyone moved on.

In the grands scheme of things here, will Martha being the godother keep you from sailing Princess?

On a side note, there are countless other celebs, or athletes that have done much worse and no one seems to get all ruffled up about them

I could name many there were involved in drug scandles, murders, lude acts, etc....and their names aren't tarnished.

Get over it people

I agree that Martha served her time and should be given a second chance -- but that's another issue entirely than giving her the honor of Godmother to the Crown Princess. There had to be someone less controversial available!! And yes, I did e mail Princess and have gotten no reply back. PS -- Rosie had Tom Selleck on her talk show, ostensibly to promote a movie, and then grilled him about his support of the NRA. I enjoyed Rosie's show and am not a fan of the NRA, but even I thought it was inappropriate. But actually, I feel that she would be a better choice as Godmother than Martha Stewart,

What was Princess thinking when they selected Martha Stewart, a convicted felon, as Godmother for Crown Princess? What a contrast to Freedom of the Seas selection of a foster mother to hundreds of children as their Godmother.

I guess lots of publicity outweighs good taste in the business world.

It is immaterial to me who the godparents of a ship are. It could be Charles

Manson for all I care.

Cruise wisdom from Martha. "Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips". With advice like that how can Princess go wrong? Will ice cream cones be free on the Crown Princess? Does she smoke?

Steve :D

I also e-mailed Princess expressing what a poor choice M.S was. No response to date. We are on the Crown in July, I'll look for her portrait in the lobby and report back what impact she has had on the ship (i.e fire proof bed spreads.) If anybody has added horns and a mustach I'll get a picture.

I think Martha is esteemed enough to be godmother of a ship. she has accomplished great things for a woman. Did she use insider trading to make money, probably, in her position, I probably would have too, who wouldn't.

I wouldnt, and I bet alot of others wouldnt either. Karen

Archived