Worst Cabins ?

dmk

Can anyone tell me about the Aft cabins on Upper deck? I know that all the bars are right below...this is my first cruise and I am just wondering. :confused:

Hi Conweb,

I think you'll get some information about these cabins if you put your question in the Carnival board. This thread is about the worst (or sometimes best) cabins on Celebrity.

• 2 months later...

Hi:) ...I didn't go back and read this thread again:eek: alot of pages.....

I am up on the Penthouse Deck~inside cabin, near suites...actually

it looks like the cabin is right across from suites.

Just wondered about any feedback?

I have never stayed on that deck before nor have I been near

those suites....I am guessing my cabin attendant may be the

Suite attendant as well?

• 4 months later...
I can't vouch for cabins 4140, 4142 or 4146. I wish I could be of more help. I do know that while some friends of ours on the ship heard the same noises, there were others on the same deck in different areas who did not hear the noise.

As an FYI, DO NOT book 4062 or any cabin in that area of the Galaxy ship - even numbered cabin with windows. It took me 2 other rooms until I finally settled into a quiet room. Beneath my cabin there was lots of metal banging - absolutely horrible! Should have taken heed with your comments. I returned last night from the Galaxy and will post my trip review and plan to write a letter of complaint to Celebrity on how they handled my situation - pretty crappy to say the least. Aft cabins can be noisy. I spent one night in room 4131 and there was a kitchen above me and I could hear people rolling metal carts until at least 1:00am. Plus you get the sound of the engines at aft whenever the ship slows down to stop at the ports. I ended up at cabin 8070 and slept quite well after the start of my trip.

Monica

As an FYI, DO NOT book 4062 or any cabin in that area of the Galaxy ship - even numbered cabin with windows. It took me 2 other rooms until I finally settled into a quiet room. Beneath my cabin there was lots of metal banging - absolutely horrible! Should have taken heed with your comments. I returned last night from the Galaxy and will post my trip review and plan to write a letter of complaint to Celebrity on how they handled my situation - pretty crappy to say the least. Aft cabins can be noisy. I spent one night in room 4131 and there was a kitchen above me and I could hear people rolling metal carts until at least 1:00am. Plus you get the sound of the engines at aft whenever the ship slows down to stop at the ports. I ended up at cabin 8070 and slept quite well after the start of my trip.

Monica

Hi Monica, sorry about the bad cabin:( but glad you ended up

with a better one:)

Looking forward to your review, if I recall they are usually very well written:)

an inside, lowest level (cheapest you can get) cabin on Galaxy. It was so freakin' loud whenever we arrived in port. We couldn't believe how obnoxious the noise was. Sorry, can't remember the exact cabin but it was definitely the cheapest of the cheap because we were sailing full fair when they were getting all the money they could possible get for the turning of the Millennium cruise. (1999, New year 2000). I'm embarrassed to say we spent $2,000 each for a 10 day cruise in that inside cabin.

Gulp, still had fun though.

Cheryl

• 2 months later...

Anyone know anything about this cabin? We booked a gty for the 5/03/08 sailing, Baltic, and were immediately assigned to this cabin. I'm wondering if the sideways arrangement will be less roomy since these are small insides, anyway. The TA told me that I could request a gty again one week before the final payment is due and I might get a better cabin or upgrade. Anyone have any experience with that?

Anyone know anything about this cabin? We booked a gty for the 5/03/08 sailing, Baltic, and were immediately assigned to this cabin. I'm wondering if the sideways arrangement will be less roomy since these are small insides, anyway. The TA told me that I could request a gty again one week before the final payment is due and I might get a better cabin or upgrade. Anyone have any experience with that?

Hi, I have had 3 sideways cabins recently and have enjoyed

all of them:) I have another one booked for a future sailing too.

In my opinion, rather than less space it feels roomier:D

I didn't have it on Constellation but I still enjoyed all of them!

I book insides 99% of the time and for me, they are plenty roomy...

but then again, I sail solo.

I felt like I had more space with the sideways cabin...call me nuts

and I know the sq footage is the same as regular one but I like

it alot:)

Without regard for any other aspect of the cruise but the cabin I think you have made a mistake. Specifically Galaxy's mattresses are very old and extremely uncomfortable and should have been replaced some time ago. You can read thru other threads where almost all of the people talk about having to request that egg crates be added etc.. If they replace them with new it could change things.

With respect to other comparisons other than the cabin apparently DMK started this thread and would like it to pertain to the cabins only. Check Oceania's threads and other Galaxy threads.

If I am not mistaken, Galaxy goes into dry dock this spring and by the time of the posters cruise many of these issues should be taken care of. I was on Galaxy's maiden voyage and loved the ship--hate to see all these negative comments!!! Hopefully the refurb will result in lots of good comments.

Cathy

Never been on any celebrity cruise before, but have been on Princess, RCI, Carnaval and Holland America. We found all the lines to be great except for Carnaval which was more like a frat party than a cruise.

Looking at Greek Isle cruises Princess has a 12 day itinerary that is over a $1000 more ($2300 for an inside Vs $1,299 for the Galaxy) when compared to the 14 day Exotic Med and Black Sea. I have read on these boards that while celebrity may not be the best cruise line, it's comparable to Princess and RCI...Would you say that it is not the case...I really don't care about a foggy window in some bar, or that some carpet may be a little worn. I would be concerned if the food was terrible, or the stateroom infested with roaches...Were we wrong selecting the Galaxy?

We did the Mediterranean Cruise out of Rome on the Galaxy a couple of years ago and it was a wonderful experience. The ship was older but well maintained. We would sail the Galaxy again in a heart beat. There are few people who like to bash Celebrity and I wonder why. We sail Celebrity because of the superior service and the ships are always in great condition. Keep in mind that some people aren't happy if they are not complaining about something, no matter how trivial. I'd be willing to bet that a lot these people don't live as well at home as they do on the ship.

CB

As far as I know, all the insides are 170 sq ft inside, as are oceanviews and balconies (except a few at the bow that are larger).

You could cancel before final payment with no penalty and rebook for another category or not rebook at all. They said you could request the same category one week before final payment, so that is another option for you.

We are also booked on this cruise. There is a Roll Call thread for Constellation 5/03/08 Scandanavia and Russia. The first of 4 pages is here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=549229 . Come join in and meet some of your fellow cruisers and Celebrity Connections Group.

• 5 months later...
Anyone have info on these rooms. How is the noise factor. We steered away from the rooms directly below as they were above a public deck. Looks like maybe the library is above these rooms on deck 7. Linen closet (?) is located next to 7901, 7903 is directly across from the glass elevators and 7905 is next to the stairs. From another thread, a caller asked Celebrity where the doors opened to...the suite side or the glass elevator side....it is the latter of the two. I switched my cabin from the one directly across from the elevator to the one by the ? linen closet (info told to me by Celebrity). Did we make a mistake? I cannot imagine the one next to the stairs would be quieter???? Just got off a Princess cruise with the noisiest stateroom ever (under the grill and pool deck)....made our entire cruise miserable as we were entirely sleep deprived 24/7. Just so gun shy about picking out the perfect room now. Any advice on quiet inside rooms on the Infinity (we are going for inside cabin category on this one as the last one was a waste of money for the balcony category)?? Our friends have booked on deck 7, which is why we ended up looking at that deck...but we don't absolutely have to be on the same deck. Also, we would kind of like to stay midship (not as important as quiet, though) as the waters up from SF to Alaska can be pretty rough...for those few days at least. Someone mentioned the Sky deck cabins inside. They are the same category .... would these be better than the ones on deck 7?? help!!

What is the update on this inside cabin??? Any info would be helpful. Was it larger? Noise?

Thanks,

David

A cabin I wouldn't recommend is 1135 on Mercury. It's a concierge cabin. There was a lot of noise from the Palm Springs Bar & Grill. I took earplugs with me so I slept ok, but from now on I'll only stay in cabins on a deck with cabins above & below.

Would this also apply to the aft cabins on the same deck?

Daryl

Do you know what cabin 8114 deck 5 on the Galaxy is like?

Cabin 8114 is a standard outside stateroom with a good sized window & plenty of storage. By the way, it is located on deck 8, not 5.

Just returned from Alaska May 30 Sailing on Mille. CC 9094. Balcony was not full sized hardly any room to sit lucky it was cold so we did not spend time outside. Room service by Santano and Pedro was great. Requested juice and coffee and 6AM and arrived prompty everyam

I'm hoping someone here has been in Cabin 8092. In the 2008 brochure, in very small print, it says that 8094 and 8096 have partially obstructed views. I'm guessing that it refers to the window washing apparatus. How about 8092? Is there any obstruction to the side?

Maureen

Archived