Worst Cabins ?

dmk

We've been on the Century Vista deck before, but not the cabin in question.

Does anyone have experience with Century oceanview cabin 9023 or other forward cabins on the Century Vista deck? Noise? Obstructions? Excessive motion (being forward, we expect some motion)?

Looking at the deck plan, what is the big "empty space" above the Vista deck forward? This would be the "space" in front of the forward Penthouse cabins.

Also, another question. On the Galaxy, the Vista deck oceanview cabins have the sofa by the window instead of the beds up against the window. Is the Century the same way?

Thanks!

Kathy

• 2 years later...
I keep a record of my personal observations and all posts on the CC message boards regarding good or bad cabin experiences for the Celebrity M Class ships. Here are my bad boys. Unless otherwise noted the problem was usually noise and of course others would differ with me, but here goes:

Anything immediately under the pool grill area

Aft cabins on the Sky Deck (unless you like being observed by patrons using the cocktail bar above you)

8108 - There's a picture of the miniscule balcony somewhere on CC

8039 - Obstructed view from window washing device

8041 - Same

8043 - Same

My husband and I just booked a land/cruise on the Celebrity M (in May)and we chose cabin 8043. Due to your post I just called my TA to see if I could change the cabin. Thanks; now any suggestions what cabin is good? We are going southbound to Vancouver so we hope to see everything well. We kinda decided we did want to be on Level 8. Any suggestions? We must stay with Cat. 2 B I think this message board is great. Recently I took a cruise (our first) on Carnival and it was helpful gathering lots of information before we left. I appreciate anyone's input.

I keep a record of my personal observations and all posts on the CC message boards regarding good or bad cabin experiences for the Celebrity M Class ships. Here are my bad boys. Unless otherwise noted the problem was usually noise and of course others would differ with me, but here goes:

Anything immediately under the pool grill area

Aft cabins on the Sky Deck (unless you like being observed by patrons using the cocktail bar above you)

8108 - There's a picture of the miniscule balcony somewhere on CC

8039 - Obstructed view from window washing device

8041 - Same

8043 - Same

9173 and possibly other cabins nearby - Horrible noise from cafe setup in the wee hours of the morning

7163 - Absolutely no privacy on this deck, completely visable from balconies above

7161 - Same

7159 - Same

9185 - Obstructed View from window washing device

9189 - Same

9193 - Same

Any balcony cabin midships on deck 6 - Amazing view of the lifeboats.

We had a cabin over the lifeboat used as the tender on this deck. It was terrible. When they lowered it for launch in tendered ports it was loud in the early am. When they didn't use it they cleaned it (also loud) and you'd better not open your curtains unless you are fully dressed.

C'est tout. I'm personally backing off of Celebrity for awhile. Posts here to the boards have me worried about my once favorite cruise line. :eek:

Why this post has rooms 7163,7161,7159 as no privacy and only these 3 cabins on port side? From the deck plan I do not see how this is different from the rest of the deck or same cabins on starboard side?

We're booked in 6136 on Millenium. I read that you have amazing views of the lifeboats. What does this mean?!

And then others said similar midship level 6 cabins had all the noise from the tender boats. How do I find out if we are docking or tendering at each port?

I'm really worried now and we paid more money to get this cabin.

Help please!

We're booked in 6136 on Millenium. I read that you have amazing views of the lifeboats. What does this mean?!

And then others said similar midship level 6 cabins had all the noise from the tender boats. How do I find out if we are docking or tendering at each port?

I'm really worried now and we paid more money to get this cabin.

Help please!

6136 is a nice concierge cabin with a large balcony.

It is in a very good, quiet location between two royal suites, close to the aft elevator and stairs, so please stop worrying.

If you look at the detailed itinerary for your cruise on the Celebrity web site, it will show whether you are docking or tendering at each port.

If 9125 is on the list (and it is) does that mean that 8125 should also be considered a "bad" cabin. It is right next to the elevator and I wondered if the elevator both caused noise and also blocked the view of the veranda.

. :eek:

Not sure if anyone posted about this room but just came off yesterday. The room has a metal platform attached to the balcony. It is just as wide as the room balcony is. The worst part is EVERYDAY when in port there was always someone walking on it. NO PRIVACY AT ALL!!!

Thanks for your alert.

Why would someone be walking on the metal platform attached to 6302's balcony? It isn't a public area, is it? The metal platform should be part of the speciality restaurant's roof. It looks on the deck plan to be over the open space (galley?) by the speciality restaurants. And why just port days and not sea days? Was it staff walking on the platform for repairs?

I'm wondering because we booked 6303 on the Equinox (port side & not Solistice but same layout) for March 2011 and I believe we will also have the metal platform on the portside and it was reported on another thread to be quiet.

Kathy

Not sure if anyone posted about this room but just came off yesterday. The room has a metal platform attached to the balcony. It is just as wide as the room balcony is. The worst part is EVERYDAY when in port there was always someone walking on it. NO PRIVACY AT ALL!!!

Hi,:) please post this information on the sticky tab about the S class

cabins. It is located at the top of the page.

• 1 year later...

In reading these posts it brings up a question, especially for a first cruiser. We have a guaranteed cabin on Century in Sept. It is 4142, which looks like a good cabin, at the end of a passage with cabins on only one side, a short distance from the elevators, under the aft portion of the MDR. Interestingly enough, all of our class of cabins (Oceanview) are apparently sold out,and have been for some time.

So..., we thought there might be a chance of an upgrade. That brings up the question: From the posts here it appears you do not have a choice of whether to accept an 'upgrade' or not. What if the new cabin is worse than the one we have already been assigned? Can we decline the change?

Sorry, I did not notice. But the question still is valid. Besides, I doubt the cabins have changed much.

Btw, why do they not just close the threads after a certain time?

• 3 months later...
Moets,

Most inside cabins on the sky deck are wonderful!! We stayed in 1219, and it is a great cabin. This is a very quiet section of the ship, as there is almost no foot trafic. The only people using this hall way are the people with cabins on this deck. Across the hall are the "sky suites", and the butlers are always around helping out. On the "C" class ships we always try to get an inside (Cat 9) on the sky deck.

Enjoy!

Kel

Nice to find someone that has been on Sitmar. 8 times with Sitmar

Harold

Avoid Century SS 1201. We were assigned an accessible (no we didn't need one) suite, and although it is a little larger, it is above the sliding doors going into the buffet. You can hear the noise in the wall constantly from these doors. We had to contact someone three times in a week, and they figured out the problem, and left them locked in an open position. However, someone else would go back and change the setting, so the whole thing would start over again. Additionally they had a pingpong table in the area by the elevators, and after complaining it was moved. Hopefully they kept it out of that area. This is not a desirable cabin and would avoid it at all costs.

Nice to find someone that has been on Sitmar. 8 times with Sitmar

Harold

Hi Harold,

Yes, the Fairsea was my second cruise, but so much better than my first cruise on NCL (Starward). This cruise felt upscale, and the food was so much better!

As a teacher, I had to save for a couple of years to pull this off.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Hi,

We will be on the 11/24/12 Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean cruise in cabin 1117 - any info on this cabin? We've avoided obvious locations problems in the past, but just interested if anyone knows about this cabin - it's our first Celebrity cruise and we are really looking forward to it. Sorry, I haven't been able to update my signature with the new info, but have emailed a question to the help site - anyone else that can give me advice (clock url keeps coming up as "invalid file") will be appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm contemplating a cruise on the Equinox in February 2013. I want to be in AQ; however, there are only a handful of cabins left which are at the very front of the ship. I have a three-part question: is there truth or rumor to being at the very front you will feel the waves? and if anyone has stayed in these cabins was there significant noise from the gym above? Also, can anyone comment on the likelihood that other cabins might become available due to cancellations, etc.?

I'm contemplating a cruise on the Equinox in February 2013. I want to be in AQ; however, there are only a handful of cabins left which are at the very front of the ship. I have a three-part question: is there truth or rumor to being at the very front you will feel the waves? and if anyone has stayed in these cabins was there significant noise from the gym above? Also, can anyone comment on the likelihood that other cabins might become available due to cancellations, etc.?

1. You will almost always feel more motion at the bow of the ship than anywhere else (including aft), especially on the higher decks.

2. Can't help with this one, as we usually take a 1A balcony cabin on the Solstice class ships.

3. There is a very good possibilitiy that other cabins will become available just before the time for final payment (70-75 days before departure, depending on with whom you booked the cruise). Start watching between 100-90 days out -- I've rarely seen a cruise where cabins did not open up at that time (unless the entire ship is sold out months in advance).:)

What about the 2d category on Solstice class? That is our stateroom category on our next cruise and I know our view is blocked 50 percent by a lifeboat. Should I upgrade given the chance? We can't take a guarantee room since there is three people. Our stateroom is right by the elevator and stairs, plus it is mid ship. I would love to try aqua class some time when there is only two.

Archived