On the Maasdam

skwir

Skwir can you tell me why you think things are limited. Is it due to cold weather and can not use pools. Or just in general, not enought activities. I'll be doing Southern Carb on her in Feb and first night/day may be cold for pool (leaving from Norfolk,VA).

:rolleyes:

I'm amazed to hear you are having a cool day. We are slightly north of Boston and having a magnificent, bright sunny day.

DH and I just came back from our walk and it was delightful.

Hope you have a wonderful time on "MY Maasdam" :) .....we are eagerly waiting our return to her.

I just got off the Maasdam YESTERDAY! I had a wonderful cruise...enjoy!

All elevators were always available, never had to wait.

I spent some time in the Piano Bar, and imo the a/c is not fixed. I hear you have a new pianist for this sailing, as ours was leaving the ship for her vacation.

Marie

Sail7Seas - Thank you for your warm welcome.

I very much enjoyed the dining room. I kept thinking to myself that I couldn't understand why everyone had been complaining, LOL. Of course, food is subjective. Also, this was my first HAL cruise, so no comparison as to the good ole days. I ate alot of beef, and it was all good, which is not always true on other lines.

Marie

:)

Great to hear that all 8 elevators were working.

We had reported to Seattle that the air conditioning had not been working in the Piano Bar since Januray. Hap hoped that it had been fixed. This now the begining of July - that is 6 months!

Gayle was in the Piano Bar the second part of our cruise in May. We had the pleasure of meeting her on the Oosterdam in Feb/Mar.

:)

Archived