Adventure of the Seas questions

We will be on our first Explorer-class ship (Adventure of the Seas) this August and I have been trying to learn as much as possible from this board. The more I read, the more questions I have:

• I keep reading about the C&A coupons for Johnny Rockets. We are C&A members, but I do not remember seeing any coupons in the Crown & Anchor magazine. Where will I find one of these coupons?
  • Ice show. How many times is the show offered each cruise? I know the tickets are free and you have to request them. Where do you get your tickets and are they for specific show times? Any tips on avoiding long lines will be appreciated.
  • We have a D1 aft cabin. I am hoping for some sun and a lounger. Will there be a lounge chair on the balcony, or will I need to request one?
  • San Juan on Sunday. We are staying over until Monday and hope the see El Morro and do some shopping in Old San Juan. I read in someone’s review that the shops in Old San Juan are closed on Sundays. Tell me this isn’t true (two teen daughters will be greatly disappointed).

I really appreciate all the sharing of information on this board. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi there,

Can help you with the first 2 questions. :)

1. The coupon for the admission to Johnny Rockets is available to C&A members, as you already know. These coupons are in a separate booklet which will be delivered to your stateroom by your cabin attendant. They are usually left on the bed with your Cruise Compass and other paper information.

Only C&A members receive coupons (you and your spouse) so you will be charged admission for your kids, and you pay for all beverages (I think the shakes and malts are 3.95, the soft drinks are 1.50).

2. Planet Ice skating show - On Explorer of the Seas, there were 4 show times, 2 for each dinner seating, basically. Watch your Cruise Compass for the information; it will tell you when the tickets are available. When you go to pick them up, you will most likely be asked which dinner seating you are, and from there you will have a choice of 2 shows. This is to accomodate everyone, and they ask you so that the show does not conflict with your dinner plans or other show and things you may be doing. We happened to choose the pre-dinner show on the second formal night.

Have a great time!

~Karen

When we were on Majesty in a GS we had a lounge chair. On Voyager and Radiance in a JS we only had chairs, but one of the chairs had a foot stool so we could put our feet up like a lounger. I think the aft balconies are bigger and probably have lounge chairs. The balcony for all our cabins were covered. We got indirect sun only. It was plenty bright though. I'm not sure about the shops in San Juan on Sunday. You could try the San Juan board. I'll be posting a review when we come back from AOS. We will be on the June 25 sailing. Just got our docs today and I'm dancin. :) Laura

Regarding your question about the shops in Old San Juan. We cruised on AOS in DEcember and not only were the shops open, there were also various tents and tables set up with trinkets, holiday items, jewelry, etc. There was plenty to do on a Sunday.

Enjoy your cruise - it's a fabulous ship!

Most regular balcony rooms have only chairs. We had a JS on Explorer and Brilliance--had 2 chairs and a lounge chair, plus table. It really depends on how large the balcony is. I don't think you can get a lounge if it's not already there.

Don't worry about lines for the shows. I know people say to hurry and do this and that, but it's really not necessary. They have tickets for everyone (ice-show tickets) and the other shows, you just go! No tickets required!

We will be on our first Explorer-class ship (Adventure of the Seas) this August and I have been trying to learn as much as possible from this board. The more I read, the more questions I have:

• I keep reading about the C&A coupons for Johnny Rockets. We are C&A members, but I do not remember seeing any coupons in the Crown & Anchor magazine. Where will I find one of these coupons?
  • Ice show. How many times is the show offered each cruise? I know the tickets are free and you have to request them. Where do you get your tickets and are they for specific show times? Any tips on avoiding long lines will be appreciated.
  • We have a D1 aft cabin. I am hoping for some sun and a lounger. Will there be a lounge chair on the balcony, or will I need to request one?
  • San Juan on Sunday. We are staying over until Monday and hope the see El Morro and do some shopping in Old San Juan. I read in someone’s review that the shops in Old San Juan are closed on Sundays. Tell me this isn’t true (two teen daughters will be greatly disappointed).

I really appreciate all the sharing of information on this board. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'll try and answer what questions I can.

First, it's Voyager class, or even more appropriately Eagle class, not Explorer class.

The C&A coupons for use onboard will be waiting for you in your stateroom when you get onboard. If they aren't, just talk to your stateroom attendant and he will get them for you. Make sure that your C&A number is on your reservation before you get onboard.

They usually offer 4 show times, 2 for early seating, 2 for late. Watch your compass as it will list the times to pick up tickets for the show. To avoid lines go towards the end of the first time they are offering them.

There should be loungers on your AFT balcony, there's always been on mine. If there aren't ask your stateroom attendant to get you some.

San Juan on Sunday. We are staying over until Monday and hope the see El Morro and do some shopping in Old San Juan. I read in someone’s review that the shops in Old San Juan are closed on Sundays. Tell me this isn’t true (two teen daughters will be greatly disappointed). I really appreciate all the sharing of information on this board. Thanks in advance for your help.

Store hours : Sunday 11:00am to 5:00pm there also you could find lot of arts and crafts tends and tables close to the piers 1 and the "Paseo de la Princesa" Area.

This is exactly the information I needed. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with me.

We are very excited about our upcoming cruise on AOS and love reading everything about the ship and itinerary.

Archived