Millennium cruise ship

NickFank

Any feedback from any one that travel on the Millennium cruise ship?I've just booked on M in August 2006.This is my first cruise aboard M and X..I will departed in 18th August 2006...:) :)

We were on the Millennium last June to the Med and I LOVED absolutely everything about her except for the artwork*. We had the cruise of a life time. I would go back on her or any of the M-class ships again in a heart beat. You are going to have a wonderful time!

*The artwork is a whole different subject, but let me say this; it's horrible.....not so horrible that you can't bear to be around it, more like it's so horrible you stop and think over and over again "How did someone get paid to pick this stuff out?" :eek:

Margie - thanks for the laugh about the artwork .... it brought back memories of complete bewilderment as we stood 'gawking' at it :D

Otherwise, I cannot say enough good things about our Med cruise last Sept. on Millennium - it was one of the best trips we have been on!

DH and I are considering the Millennium for next January. We already have booked Holland America for December, but may have to postpone the cruise until January. So, I have been looking at other cruiselines -- this will be our 11th cruise and have never tried Celebrity before. Usually hear good things, but lately I've read about propulsion problems with the Celebrity ships. What's the scoop?

Thanks.

Holland America - 2004, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006

If you reviews threads, you'll see lots of comments about the 'Pod' problem.

We sailed on Millennium last Oct/Nov and had no problems. We loved that crusie which my husband insists was the best we've done (I'm still pulling for Xpedition :)). Lovely ship, very good service, marvelous specialty restaurant - ask for Sam as your waiter), and amazing ports. Only downside (if I can call it that) was the few sea days....a very port intensive and tiring cruise but worth every penny and drowsy moment :)

I'm on the Millie to the Med starting July 1, 2006 (after 3 days pre-cruise in Barcelona) and I've already made a mental note to check out the artwork for entertainment purposes. It sounds like it falls into the "so bad it's funny" category.

we have sailed Millie 3 times with no problems. The one glitch was a pod problem on Cruise #2 that caused us to reach Dominican Republic 4 hours late. It's a blah port for us and the captain opened up the bar for an hour so I looked at it as a fair trade <smile> It is a lovely ship with a great staff. Michael in the Martini Bar is entertainment unto himself.

All the M-class ships are great and MANY OF US love the artwork. It is unique but I prefer fine are to garish neon of some other lines any day.

The T-pool is a great place to relax. Go every day.

The Aqua Spa Café has the best food for breakfast and lunch, IMHO.

The specialty restaurant is the best spot in the ship.

Just got off the Millie TA. If you can afford Conciege class do it. It's worth the extra bucks, & it's nice having the addition 20 feet in the cabin. Loved the Millie & the service regardless what cabin you book. We just booked the Infinity hawaiian cruise today. Any questions you want me to answer ask away & if I can answer them I will.

Any feedback from any one that travel on the Millennium cruise ship?I've just booked on M in August 2006.This is my first cruise aboard M and X..I will departed in 18th August 2006...:) :)
>>

We loved the Millennium Xperience so much that we are booked for a third transatlantic on the Millie in November. The food is very good and, for the most part, is what we in America used to call ``continental cuisine.'' Since you are from Italy, you probably will not find pastas or pizza much to your liking. As soon as you board the ship, make a dinner reservation for the Olympic, the elegant specialty restaurant. The food there is on a par with many of the best restaurants in Venice, your home town.

We just got off of Millie today. We went on the 12 day Med cruise. This was our first time on Millennium and we really enjoyed it. The ship is not as "fancy" as some of the new ones, but its very elegant. The food was indeed excellent as everyone says. I had also read a lot about the sewage smell. We did smell it a couple of times, but only for a moment or two. Its kind of strange as it comes and goes as you are walking. Although we were worried before boarding, it never was a big problem.

Pros:

Food

Service

Elegance

Kids Club

Felt very uncrowded

Cons:

Show (nothing we really liked)

Nickel and diming... Celebrity gets you coming and going

Shore Excursions were confusing

No first run movies, unless you want to pay$$$

Have fun!! We did

Bill

>>

We loved the Millennium Xperience so much that we are booked for a third transatlantic on the Millie in November. The food is very good and, for the most part, is what we in America used to call ``continental cuisine.'' Since you are from Italy, you probably will not find pastas or pizza much to your liking. As soon as you board the ship, make a dinner reservation for the Olympic, the elegant specialty restaurant. The food there is on a par with many of the best restaurants in Venice, your home town.

I'm not interested in food much...I've booked this ship becuase in the italian ship the service is very very disappointing.:mad:

Can I wear a jeans during a casual evening???

Jeans are never allowed in the dining room except the first night since yours baggage my not have arrived on time and they understand that...

Don

And the tip?With Costa i must paid 8$ a day

the tip??

what tip?

do you mean the daily suggested tip for the waiter and asst waiter and maitre d??

Its 3.50 pp for the waiter, $2.00 for the asst and $.75 for the matire d,, thats a total of $6.25 per day pp.

Thats suggested and if you use the auto tipping out of your sea acct thats what the debit will be per day pp to your card.

Don

The confusion was around getting us off the boat and onto the tour buses. With NCL last year they called us by tour name and code and then provided us bus tickets on the way out of the theater. On this trip we had to get bus stickers once we arrived in the theater and then there was some confusion on which tours were being called. It just didn't seem to run as smooth.

Couple of other things... Our bus to Tuscany had to stop and wait at a gas station for passengers that missed the bus. This cost us 30 minutes in lost time. When in Athens, the bus was stopped by police when trying to park at the designated shopping stop. They ended up bagging the shopping visit... we were not happy.

The tour guides vary. In some stops they were horrible and others, like Sorrento, he was great. Hit and miss...

Bill

the tip??

Its 3.50 pp for the waiter, $2.00 for the asst and $.75 for the matire d,, thats a total of $6.25 per day pp.

Don

And with tips for the cabin attendant and head of housekeeping (?) .... I think it brings it up to approx. $10. pp/per day depending on which category of cabin you are in. The tips are well deserved as the service is excellent!

Don and Susan ,, what a team,, LOL

don and susan

retirees from FL

Waiter $3.50 pppd

Asst. 2.00 pppd

Asst Maitred' .75 pppd

Room Steward 3.50 pppd Concierge Class is $4.00 pppd

Asst Chief Housekeeper .75 pppd

Total Recommended Tips $10.50 pppd Concierge is $11.00 pppd

John

triple retiree from the Golden State

Couple of other things... Our bus to Tuscany had to stop and wait at a gas station for passengers that missed the bus. This cost us 30 minutes in lost time. When in Athens, the bus was stopped by police when trying to park at the designated shopping stop. They ended up bagging the shopping visit... we were not happy.

Hmmm...hope that doesn't happen to us. Beyond Celebrity's control, I guess, but one would think they would have worked things out with the local officials beforehand. As for passengers who missed the bus, give them a refund and tell them to be at the appointed spot on time if they want to be on the tour :mad:

Hi Nick,

Just a couple of points about Millie. It was the first M class ship DW and I sailed on in 2003 and the first Celebrity trip we took. We went on a 7 day in the Carribean. When we got off we were already looking for more. We sailed the next year and increased the time on Summit, also an M class, because of our experience on Millie. We tryed the other guys last year and as you can see by our most recent booking, we quickly returned to Celebrity M class (Constellation). As far as we are concerned there was and is nothing like it. When I see the crew polishing the brightwork and railings in the stairwells I can only feel that something is being done right. Great food, great service, great atmosphere, and the entertainment isn't bad either. And they are not always hawking their extra services. As for the artwork, IMPO, that could use a little help but, 'artwork isn't everything'. Keep in mind anyone can give you a bad experience but, in this case I don't think you will go wrong. Good luck and happy sailing.

Archived