Millennium cruise ship

NickFank

We are booked in cabin 7208cc for the med on aug 6. Has anyone stayed in this aft balcony stateroom? I have been on a 9 th floor aft and it was great!

Iris,

Our friends stayed in 7208 and loved it. We were in our usual cabin 9201, but you 'll be very happy with your choice. The views were magnificent.

Mari

Thank you Mari10! I feel better about the 7th floor cabin. Now I can resume planning my side trips! I used Sorrentolimo in Naples before and have been in contact with him for the amalfi coast including positano and sorrento. He wants 350 euro for the day with an english speaking driver. Anyone interested if you are on the millenium aug 6 sailing?

Thank you Mari10! I feel better about the 7th floor cabin. Now I can resume planning my side trips! I used Sorrentolimo in Naples before and have been in contact with him for the amalfi coast including positano and sorrento. He wants 350 euro for the day with an english speaking driver. Anyone interested if you are on the millenium aug 6 sailing?
We had a private driver for the Amalfi Coast and it was magnificent.

We went to Sorrento, Amalfi, Postiano and Ravello. We had a fantastic lunch at a hillside restaurant. It was a perfect day.

Wish I could join you in August....

Mari

There are many great cruise lines where jeans are the norm and folks don't care about the food. I would suggest that Celebrity might not be a good fit for anyone with those 2 factors.

Easy Cruise and Windjammer are not known for 'no jeans' or 'excellent food'.

We are booked in cabin 7208cc for the med on aug 6. Has anyone stayed in this aft balcony stateroom? I have been on a 9 th floor aft and it was great!

Iris - my mother and sister stayed in 7208 while we were above them on Deck 8. Their cabin appeared to have been recently refurbished, and it was quite nice. The furnishings were darker and richer than ours, which was getting pretty threadbare. Also, their balcony was slightly larger than ours. I think you one of the nicest CC cabins on the ship! Enjoy.:)

• 6 months later...
we have sailed Millie 3 times with no problems. The one glitch was a pod problem on Cruise #2 that caused us to reach Dominican Republic 4 hours late. It's a blah port for us and the captain opened up the bar for an hour so I looked at it as a fair trade <smile> It is a lovely ship with a great staff. Michael in the Martini Bar is entertainment unto himself.

Wolfie- we need to talk about this ship sometime! We are looking at May 2008 (when announced) Barcelona, Marseilles, Nice, Rome, Mykonos, Ephesus, Sicily, and back to Barcelona (10 days).

Has the Millie been having any Pod problems of late or was that a short lived thing with the original pods after she was launched?

We sailed her this November on the 14-nt Venice to Barcelona. Left Santorini 3 hours early, but other than that no problems. The next (TA) cruise missed Naples (with shipboard credit), and as far as I know, made it to FLL on time.

She's in good shape, but could use a little spiffing up. Crew was excellent. Food as good as ever. Olympic Restaurant wonderful. X-pre cruise land tour in Milan/Lake Como was fantastic.

Enjoy!!

Cabo

Wolfie- we need to talk about this ship sometime! We are looking at May 2008 (when announced) Barcelona, Marseilles, Nice, Rome, Mykonos, Ephesus, Sicily, and back to Barcelona (10 days).

Has the Millie been having any Pod problems of late or was that a short lived thing with the original pods after she was launched?[/quote]

Cruise Cat,

The Millie has been fairly well behaved concerning pod problems. The Millie has only had three pod problems since its launch. It is headed for drydock on December 10 to repair this last pod problem, that started about two weeks ago.

Hope this information helps,

Nurse Bambi

She is back in FLL as of early this morning. Ship is still in

Port Everglades. I am guessing here.....but I think she will

probably be heading for Freeport tonite or tomorrow.

I will be heading for her next sailing.......Next Sunday:) :D

Hopefully one of the recent cruisers from the TA will post

a review for us!

Archived