Anyone ordered 'surprise' packages for their staterooms?

We were on Mariner in April and I ordered one of the packages went over well... We had strawberrys and a bottle of bubbles wating when we got to the room and all the other stuff that went with it it was fun...

I surprised my dh with the romance package for our anniversary cruise this past November. It was wonderful. We received champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when we arrived (and enjoyed on the balcony during sail away). The breakfast in our stateroom was fantastic and we enjoyed the other items as well. The photo frame was very nice. I bought the one for $100 and thought it was well worth it, as did my dh. I'm planning on doing something again when we go this November. Have a great time whatever you decide.

Last year on Vision for our anniversary, I had pre-ordered a flower arrangement months before the cruise. We boarded pretty early, settled in our cabin for a while and then went to lunch. When we returned to our cabin later, the flowers and card were there. My wife was quite surprised. Funny thing was, I too was surprised. I had completely forgotten about it!

Steve

Last year on Vision for our anniversary, I had pre-ordered a flower arrangement months before the cruise. We boarded pretty early, settled in our cabin for a while and then went to lunch. When we returned to our cabin later, the flowers and card were there. My wife was quite surprised. Funny thing was, I too was surprised. I had completely forgotten about it!

Steve

LOL. That's something my dh would do too! :D:D

I surprised my dh with the romance package for our anniversary cruise this past November. It was wonderful. We received champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when we arrived (and enjoyed on the balcony during sail away). The breakfast in our stateroom was fantastic and we enjoyed the other items as well. The photo frame was very nice. I bought the one for $100 and thought it was well worth it, as did my dh. I'm planning on doing something again when we go this November. Have a great time whatever you decide.

Thank you for mentioning this package since I'm thinking of doing this for my DH and I in Dec. Could you be more specific though and mention exactly the goodies that were included? An 8x10 photo as well as the frame? Were you able to choose your breakfast items? It sounds like a good value to me! Thank you.:)

I think that's a waste of money, personally. I can think of lots of things I'd rather spend money on, than "surprising" myself with a gift! But--if you really want the items you would get--go for it!

DH ordered the Honeymoon decorations for our cabin on our honeymoon. That being my first cruise, I honestly didn't even notice that they were "special" decorations, I thought they decorated every room like that:D so he was disappointed that I didn't notice, and he had to point out the little card and the Happy honeymoon thing they put over the bed LOLOL!!!

DH ordered the Honeymoon decorations for our cabin on our honeymoon. That being my first cruise, I honestly didn't even notice that they were "special" decorations, I thought they decorated every room like that:D so he was disappointed that I didn't notice, and he had to point out the little card and the Happy honeymoon thing they put over the bed LOLOL!!!

I could be that you only noticed the bed

The "Adventure Ocean Snack Pack" is for kids. It has a couple of bags of M&M's. I think that is a rip-off. You'd be better going to Walmart and buying your own for a fraction of what they charge.

On our recent Legend cruise my DH ordered the "Classic Romance" package to celebrate our anniversary. I thought it was wonderful!

It included champagne and strawberries on our arrival, canapes before dinner on our first formal night, MORE strawberries when we returned to our cabin after formal night, a "champagne breakfast in bed" (or out of it!!), you could choose either a mimosa, champagne or another that I can't remember, choice of eggs etc, pastries - the works! And finanally, an 8 x 10 photo in a choice of silver frames. We rarely have formal photos taken anymore on a cruise so we had great fun running from set up to set up each evening so that by the end of the cruise we had a good selection to choose from! I think it cost $75 and we felt was worth every penny:)

Sue

On our recent Legend cruise my DH ordered the "Classic Romance" package to celebrate our anniversary. I thought it was wonderful!

It included champagne and strawberries on our arrival' date=' canapes before dinner on our first formal night, MORE strawberries when we returned to our cabin after formal night, a "champagne breakfast in bed" (or out of it!!), you could choose either a mimosa, champagne or another that I can't remember, choice of eggs etc, pastries - the works! And finanally, an 8 x 10 photo in a choice of silver frames. We rarely have formal photos taken anymore on a cruise so we had great fun running from set up to set up each evening so that by the end of the cruise we had a good selection to choose from! I think it cost $75 and we felt was worth every penny:)

Sue [/size']

I appreciate the info and I agree, worth every penny when you add up the price of a photo, frame, champagne, etc., not to mention the fun of it all. I'm looking forward to it. Thank you so much. Life's good!:)

Thank you for mentioning this package since I'm thinking of doing this for my DH and I in Dec. Could you be more specific though and mention exactly the goodies that were included? An 8x10 photo as well as the frame? Were you able to choose your breakfast items? It sounds like a good value to me! Thank you.:)

As I mentioned before, there was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival. The afternoon of formal night (we only had one) we received a tray of canapes with smoked salmon, caviar, pate and I think shrimp. That evening, there was another tray of strawberries for after dinner. You can choose which morning you want the breakfast and they give you a special menu with a choice of several beverages including mimosas and bloody marys as well as straight juice. You also have a selection of entrees that included (I think) French toast, pancakes, or eggs. We chose the scrambled eggs with lox and an assortment of breads. Yes, the 8x10 photo was included with the frame. They give you a coupon to bring to the photo gallery. I thought it was a good value and made us both feel special. I would certainly do it again.

Edit: just noticed sue 'n' steve already answered you. Oh, well. BTW, it's $98, not $75, but still worth it.

Archived