Lithuania...Lithuania...Lithuania !

..... what did you do while in the port of Klaipeda, Lithuania ?

If you haven't been yet, what are you planning on doing?

Any tour company recommendations?

This is the only port on our Baltic itinerary that I don't have anything planned for yet.

Hey, thanks. :)

Hey Boo's Mom,

Found this link to a tour company - I think it's the same one Celebrity uses as it has the same descriptions as the brocheures. But there is also a link to a map that is pretty good of Klaipeda (under links area). Also, found a website on the Kursiu Nerija National Park (Curion Spit). You might already have the link for the 'in your pocket' but I thought I would include the one for Palanga as I think I read you had some interest in this.

http://www.meja.lt/home/

http://www.nerija.lt/en/

http://www.inyourpocket.com/lithuania/palanga/en/

I know this was a tough one for me also - decided on doing the Soviet Missile site via Celebrity as it sounds interesting and something we would never experience again.

Last August did the Baltics on the Constellation and stopped in Lithuania. At the time, Celebrity knew little about the port and many of us were disappointed by the lack of information, other than the push for booking one of their tours.

When we got off of the ship, we heading along the river toward town, a 5-10 minute walk, and found a wonderful large crafts market, filled with traditional Lithuanian vendors selling their wares. No problem using US dollars. I bought so many nice things. DH stopped for a glass of Lithuanian beer & snack and commented that they should have a pub tour if this is what their beer is like!

In the early afternoon, we took a tour that included highlights of the port, then onto Palanga, a beautiful park & beach, with folk singers and dancers, and a tour of the Amber Museum. When we returned to town, we stopped at another craft market and had a drink at a local pub. I recall meja being the tour operator for this Celebrity tour.

Darcy

Last August did the Baltics on the Constellation and stopped in Lithuania. At the time, Celebrity knew little about the port and many of us were disappointed by the lack of information, other than the push for booking one of their tours.

When we got off of the ship, we heading along the river toward town, a 5-10 minute walk, and found a wonderful large crafts market, filled with traditional Lithuanian vendors selling their wares. No problem using US dollars. I bought so many nice things. DH stopped for a glass of Lithuanian beer & snack and commented that they should have a pub tour if this is what their beer is like!

In the early afternoon, we took a tour that included highlights of the port, then onto Palanga, a beautiful park & beach, with folk singers and dancers, and a tour of the Amber Museum. When we returned to town, we stopped at another craft market and had a drink at a local pub. I recall meja being the tour operator for this Celebrity tour.

Darcy

We are considering the Constellation for May or June of 08. Do you have a link to a review somewhere that I can read? I'd love more information from you about the itinerary AND the ship. This would be our first on Celebrity.

~dianne

Bill & Dianne, the Constellation is one of our favorite ships and the Baltic cruise is simply spectacular. I did a review when we returned, but can't seem to find it. The ship, while not new and glitzy, is elegant and refined. I was on the Freedom of the Seas a few weeks ago, and thought it too big for my taste in cruising. We are going on the Crown Princess next week, and I anticipate feeling overwhelmed by it's 18 deck height.

No, I am not a TA, just lucky enough to be invited on many inaugurals and have cruised some 80+ times.

Prior to the Baltic cruise, we flew to the UK for a week's vacation prior to the cruise. Personal preference plays a big part in which port one likes or dislikes along with packing in the tours. We booked tours for every port and were up early each morning to see the ship arrive, had full days in each port, and many times were too tired to make late seating dinner. I wish we had an extra day and night in St. P's as the city has so many cultural & historic places to visit. If I had the opportunity to do the cruise again, I would do it without hesitation.

Darcy

Archived