Meet Your Celebrity Message Board Hosts

Host Anne

Anne, Columbus is as the crow flys to Philly. It is still farm country and horse country. One of the biggest flea markets on the East coast is on Route 206 in Columbus. We are about 45 minutes from downtown Philly and about 75 minutes from NYC. 1 mile from Route 537 which, if you have ever gone to Great Adventure, you have been on it. Know PA well. Our daughter went to Slippery Rock University (yes, it is a real school) in the Pittsburgh area and LaSalle University in Philly. She teaches in Philly and my son in law went to Temple Dental. They live in Manayunk. OK, enough already.

Have a great day all and Happy Sailing!:D

Cruiserone ~ thanks for the location update. Haven't been to Great Adverture but I know where you mean. Had friends that went to Slippery Rock and my brother went to Temple, too. Small world. Can you send me a good Philly cheesesteak? :)

Wit or wit out? (Cheez Wiz that is). No one makes a cheesesteak like Philly. We went to St. Thomas years ago and there was a small store that said "Philly Cheesesteaks". We laughted at the sign but hubby went in and sure enough he was from Philly and the Cheesesteak was great!!! Store is long gone. My sister lives in Land O Lakes near Tampa. It really is a small world. They say if you talk to enough people and spend enough time you will both have something in common. It happens to me all the time since I am a gabby gus! I think on one of the posts you said that you were going on the Millenium in 2007. So are we. For Valentine's Day we are taking the Millenium from Ft. Lauderdale. It is also our 25th wedding anniversary. Hubby figured if he got married on a day that he could never forget it would keep him out of trouble:D.

Nice chatting with you.

Cruiser ~ Wit !!!! Now you're making me really hungry. It's so true....there's always something we can find to talk about with others and share common ground. That's one of the reasons I love Cruise Critic so much. It has enabled us to meet wonderful people from all around the world. We have switched our 2007 transatlantic from Millennium to Brilliance. Brilliance had a better itinerary, is one day longer and is $400 less per person. Couldn't pass up the deal and we like Brilliance as much as Millie. You'll have a great time on her in Feb. We're going to take a land vacation in Feb 07 and spend a week on St. John. Haven't done that in ages and some of my family would rather do that than cruise. ;) Keep a cheesesteak hot for me!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area. Read with interest the article posted in the "news" section of Cruise Critic giving the ratings for the various lines/ships from the CDC. Celebrity is listed as a perfect score for Millennium. When actually checking CDC figures, the Century shows a perfect score as well. Any way of adding Century to the news article? After all, she's just had a revitalization....let's give her credit where credit is due. :-) Thanks.

Host Anne, love St. John. When we are in St. Thomas we always take the ferry over to St. John for the day to snorkel. We have tried to get reservations at the Westin with Amex points but never have gotten the time yet. I love the park and Honeymoon beach! Have a great time.

And again, thanks for the work you do. Cruiserone:D

Cruiser ~ Wit !!!! Now you're making me really hungry. It's so true....there's always something we can find to talk about with others and share common ground. That's one of the reasons I love Cruise Critic so much. It has enabled us to meet wonderful people from all around the world. We have switched our 2007 transatlantic from Millennium to Brilliance. Brilliance had a better itinerary, is one day longer and is $400 less per person. Couldn't pass up the deal and we like Brilliance as much as Millie. You'll have a great time on her in Feb. We're going to take a land vacation in Feb 07 and spend a week on St. John. Haven't done that in ages and some of my family would rather do that than cruise. ;) Keep a cheesesteak hot for me!
My wife, also an Allentown resident, has a very hard time with the idea of Cheez Wiz on a Philly Steak. At her fave Allentown cheese steak places - Yocco's and the Red Barn - they use real cheese (Provolone), not Cheez Wiz.

BTW, the never ending debate at Geno's and Pat's is whether a real cheese steak "wit'" uses Provolone or cheese wiz. (In 2004 a national political figure commited a faux pas by ordering a cheese steak with swiss cheese at Pat's. Made headlines all over Philadelphia.)

Sivia ~ I'll pass your note along to our editors. In the future, you can contact our editors who write the news sections as well. Send your message to editor@cruisecritic.com. Actually, the CDC ratings change frequently. I'm not sure when the article was written that you read but chances are that since Century was undergoing a refrubishment, her rating may not have been available at the time the article was written.

Cruiserone and Walt....just today we found a terrific little restaurant down here (about a 25 minute drive from the house) called South Philly Cheesesteaks. We drove over for lunch and lo and behold - they were REAL Philly cheesesteaks....they even fly the steak rolls in from Philly. White american cheese is what they use (and what I grew up with). It's so funny that I can find something like this so exciting. I brought half of one home for lunch one day this week. I LOVE Florida - good New York pizza and now great Philly cheesesteaks! Who would have guessed -- oh, and Yocco's hot dogs are pretty darn good, too!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area. Read with interest the article posted in the "news" section of Cruise Critic giving the ratings for the various lines/ships from the CDC. Celebrity is listed as a perfect score for Millennium. When actually checking CDC figures, the Century shows a perfect score as well. Any way of adding Century to the news article? After all, she's just had a revitalization....let's give her credit where credit is due. :-) Thanks.

Here's a new post I just made that will give you all the current CDC scores. (The Century hit the century mark as well, scoring 100 in its last inspection in March. The Connie scored "only" 97 so the CDC top 100 list that shows the Connie hit 100 is mistaken.)

Host Anne and Walt, the debate on cheesesteaks will live on forever. And Walt I remember that news worthy event!

Anne, I think that most of Florida is now filled with people from the middle atlantic states! They are bringing the goodies they know and love to their new homes. It is so nice to go somewhere and try something new to eat, but no one ever forgets the things that they remember from their youth.

Happy Sailing All! :D

• 1 month later...
I posted a question on this board on the thread about "anyone back from the Galapagos?" yesterday. It shows up that I was the last poster, but when I read the thread, my post is nowhere to be found. Can you tell me why? Many thanks in advannce

Suzie Provo

sprovo@apr.com

Your post is there. Check this link.

(It looks like your post started page 2 of the thread.)

Dear Walt,

I clicked on the underlined "this link" fro your post, and it doesn't go to anything...The topic was "Xpedition...Anyone recently back?" I'm on a Mac but I've always seen my posts...I should be on page 42.

Suzie

Here's the link to the Xpedition post.

The other link works OK.

Do you have a pop-up blocker? If so, deactivate it so the links will work.

• 4 weeks later...

Tiki ~ Cruise Critic receives a large amount of review submissions from members. Each review is read in detail before it is released in our reviews section. This does take some time (as Drew mentioned in the post above).

You can always send Host Walt or myself an email if you have questions such as these and we'll be happy to respond as quick as possible.

Thanks for submitting your review. It will be posted after it has gone through the review process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Anne,

The Waffle thread shows it is locked. What does this mean?:confused:

Thanks, Rehabber

That means the thread has been closed by the Hosts to further activity. The usual reason is that the thread had attracted several posts that contravene Cruise Critic Guidelines and few, if any, new posts that added anything to the thread.

Wondering if you can set my mind at ease..

We booked the Risselena catamaran tour for March 1 in Cabo. I just re read my e-mail from Eduardo and he wants us to meet him at 11:30 to leave at noon. NOW heres the worry. we dock at 7am and depart at 4pm. I dont know how long the tour is but it seems like we will be cutting it too close ( especially if something uncertain may happen )do you remember when your tour began, and what time your ship was in port?

I wrote my concern , and asked if we could leave earlier but i have not heard from him yet

thank you for your time,

Nadine

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,I can't make head nor tail of this messge board but thought I would try you. We are taking our first cruise on Celebrity (previous cruises on HAL, Princess and RCCl) Century, 8 days Norway the end of May. I'm looking for advice on shore excursions either with the cruise line or on our own.

We're a family of 6, Mom, Dad, Son, Wife, Grandchildren 11 and 13. Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

Archived