Meet Your Celebrity Message Board Hosts

Host Anne

Sheila, one of my bestest (word)?:D and long time friends

from these boards is a WVU Alum...his screen name is

WVU FAN..His name is Bob and his better 1/2 is Phyllis;)

I have met them in person and they are just awesome:)

Seems alot of ya'll are around!....GOOD PEOPLE:)

Not only GAAP and GAAS, but SOX, ARS and PCAOB as well!

Now I wonder if anyone but us two know what all that means. Or cares.

(Some may suggest GAAS is what I may be full of, and they may be right, but it stands for Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, and some may think that ARS means something anatomical, but it stands for Accounting Research Studies, the precursors to the APB's, the FASB's and the SOP's.)

I know. Yawn.sleepy003.gif

Well, I'm a "baby CPA" (1st year staff), and having just passed the exam I can recite all the acronyms you'd like, but I'm trying to block them out....;)

Katie

I've always liked the Mountaineers...don't much care for Canes, but I do make exceptions for Noles now and then... :D

Oh my goodness, I guess that means I need to make an exception

for a Gator every now and then:eek: ;) :D

Oh I have to say I really do like the WVU Coach...Rodriquez, isn't

that correct?

I love football. I remember the play a couple of years back

when the kid, Wilson, jumped over the Cane defender running

down the sidelines...that really made me SMILE:D

Nice Sticky Anne!

...and for you Walt ;) ....I have a whole new bunch of questions....like why I always have to file an extension on my return... since why are the funds keepers allowed a whole different set of dates for delivery. :D

Well, if you didn't make any money, you wouldn't have to file for an extension. ;)

And if it's fairness you're looking for, fuggeddaboudit. (That's a technical CPA term.)

Well, I'm a "baby CPA" (1st year staff), and having just passed the exam I can recite all the acronyms you'd like, but I'm trying to block them out....;)

Katie

Well the first thing you need to be ready for are the wise guys who think CPA means:

Cheap Physical Attraction

Cleaning, Pressing and Alterations

Constant Pain in the A**

Seriously, major congratulations on passing the exam. That's a major accomplishment, especially with the huge increase in the body of knowledge you had to learn. I passed all but Law in 1964, and got Law behind me in Nov., 1966. (I passed Theory when the FASB was just a distant concept being developed by the SEC.)

The CPA "ticket," as we used to call it, was (and still is) a credential that establishes a credibility level for the holder that is priceless.

Hi folks,

Great thread!

Thanks for the kind comments Lois-perhaps you bring out the best in people;).

Anne, I got my BS in psych 66. Went back after 'nam from 70-72. Started in journalism grad school and then switched to undergrad (long story, but it made sense). Dropped out before I got degree. What years were you in journalism? Paul Atkins is the best professor ever! Got MA in rehab counseling in 2000. One of my profs kiddingly said he was going to flunk me and I told him I had tenure and he couldn't touch me:D .

Glad to hear we have some more Mountaineer fans! Spengle, you have a wise daughter!

Bowden may have done OK at FSU, but we hung him in effigy in 1970 after we had a 35-8 halftime lead over arch rival Pitt and lost the game by 36-35. We love our coach, Rich Rodriguez, and are currently in negotiations to extend his contract. He sure coaches an exciting brand of ball.

I always root against Cryami.

Thanks again for an interesting and novel topic.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

:)

Not only GAAP and GAAS, but SOX, ARS and PCAOB as well!

Now I wonder if anyone but us two know what all that means. Or cares.

(Some may suggest GAAS is what I may be full of, and they may be right, but it stands for Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, and some may think that ARS means something anatomical, but it stands for Accounting Research Studies, the precursors to the APB's, the FASB's and the SOP's.)

I know. Yawn.sleepy003.gif

What no GASB

mike:confused:

so, Walt, do you find yourself saying "fer shur" a lot and hanging out at the Sherman Oaks Fashion Square on the weekends???? I grew up in WH (could see the cows grazing at Pierce College from my bedroom).

Also saw that someone with a Psych degree started grad school in Journalism. My BA's in Psych from UCLA and MAs from the Missouri J-school. Interesting combo to have. Go Bruins!

so' date=' Walt, do you find yourself saying "fer shur" a lot and hanging out at the Sherman Oaks Fashion Square on the weekends???? I grew up in WH (could see the cows grazing at Pierce College from my bedroom).

Also saw that someone with a Psych degree started grad school in Journalism. My BA's in Psych from UCLA and MAs from the Missouri J-school. Interesting combo to have. Go Bruins![/quote']

Well, see, it's like I try sooo much not to, like, copy the way val guys, like, you know, speak? It's, like, soooooo lame. Like my friend, you know, she always goes, "Like, doesn't anyone, like talk English any more, you know?

As for Pierce College, I bet you lived in Bella Vista 6100 complex. They still watch the bovines from their windows although Cicero's corn fields are gone.

Walt,

I am always interested in learning about people and their backgrounds. It's amazing how often we share things in common. Small world and all of that. In any case, thank you for sharing some things about your self and your background. This is a great thread.

Well, see, it's like I try sooo much not to, like, copy the way val guys, like, you know, speak? It's, like, soooooo lame. Like my friend, you know, she always goes, "Like, doesn't anyone, like talk English any more, you know?

As for Pierce College, I bet you lived in Bella Vista 6100 complex. They still watch the bovines from their windows although Cicero's corn fields are gone.

Tiara Street on top of the hill. That was a pretty lonnnnngggg time ago. Like, in the 60s.

Tiara Street on top of the hill. That was a pretty lonnnnngggg time ago. Like' date=' in the 60s.[/quote']

That's a really nice area with a great view. The Bella Vista complex starts at the NE corner at Oxnard & DeSoto, just a short way from Tiara Street.

Is that the new development with the giant fountain? I remember that being built. We sometimes go to the Promenade (my hubby loves the Triamiana Grill chicken burgers).
Yep. The Promenade even has a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse now. Good (and big tab too).

Sorry, I'm coming in a little late on this thread.

I wanted to thank you for introducing yourselves :-)

I'm not much of a poster on the Celebrity board, but I'm a big lurker since I'm planning my first Celebrity Cruise in 2007.....just wanted to say thanks!

Tapia ~ thanks for your note and I hope you will be coming back often to visit the boards in planning your Celebrity cruise. You can pick up a lot of great info on the boards and others usually love to help out by answering any questions you may have.

Welcome again!!!!

Tapia ~ thanks for your note and I hope you will be coming back often to visit the boards in planning your Celebrity cruise. You can pick up a lot of great info on the boards and others usually love to help out by answering any questions you may have.

Welcome again!!!!

Thanks, I will!

Thanks for the intro Anne and Walt. It helps us all to feel like we know you better now.

I can't tell you the wealth of information that I've gained from these boards.

My Mom is constanly saying, "Oh, she learned that from cruise critics. Just ask her about cruising, she can tell you anything you want to know."

This has certainly been the place to become cruise savy.

Thanks for all you do.

Thanks for the intro Anne and Walt, I'm NewtoCC. It helps us all to feel like we know you better now.

I can't tell you the wealth of information that I've gained from these boards.

My Wifester is constanly saying, "Oh, she learned that from cruise critics. Just ask her about cruising, she can tell you anything you want to know."

This has certainly been the place to become cruise savy.

Thanks for all you do.

Archived