Meet Your Celebrity Message Board Hosts

Host Anne

Hi Anne, I haven't been to this site in ever so long, mostly because I haven;t been on a cruise in ever so long.

thanks for the keeping the place up and familiar.

Maybe I can get down to your homeland again when you are in town.

Hi Anne and Walt,

I am Walter and answer to Walt, Wally, Walter, Hey you, and many other names that might not be appropriate here. (Grin) I just want to let you both know how I appreciate all that I have learned from these boards. I have also made new lifelong friends thru cruise critic parties on Celebrity. Keep up the good work and know that you are both appreciated.

Walter

:)

What no GASB

mike:confused:

All of this Accounting Talk is too "taxing" for me. I, too, am a CPA, and hated accounting and auditing when I started 45 years ago. I'm still practicing, but specialize in taxes, retirement/estate/financial planning and elder services. I'm the liaison for PA accountants (CPAs and Public Accountants) with the IRS, and PA and Phila. Departments of Revenue, and moderator of the PICPA list-serve.

If you'll be on the Millenium 10/17/2006 we can share stories.

Or contact me at dlzallestaxes@msn.com

Any way, "MANY HAPPY RETURNS" (and I mean cruises, as well as taxes).

• 2 weeks later...
All of this Accounting Talk is too "taxing" for me. I, too, am a CPA, and hated accounting and auditing when I started 45 years ago. I'm still practicing, but specialize in taxes, retirement/estate/financial planning and elder services. I'm the liaison for PA accountants (CPAs and Public Accountants) with the IRS, and PA and Phila. Departments of Revenue, and moderator of the PICPA list-serve.

If you'll be on the Millenium 10/17/2006 we can share stories.

Or contact me at dlzallestaxes@msn.com

Any way, "MANY HAPPY RETURNS" (and I mean cruises, as well as taxes).

OK, folks, Caker has given all of you a taste of accountancy "humor." (Actually his stuff is far better than the gags at our CaSCPA meetings.) With the Sarbanes Oxley Act, shortened to SarbOx by some and shortened even more by others to SOX, the opportunity for gags multiplied.

I tip my hat to Caker. I'm the exact opposite, I'm not into taxes at all, but much prefer auditing and the common sense part of accounting.

Oh, no! I like you, Walt, but I'm a Duke alumnus. Is that even allowed?

I'm also a Valley boy, and my dog won several ribbons in 2005 at a charity dog show for mutts held at Pierce College...

Thanks for this thread, Anne!

I would still like to find out about CC meetings also.

Hi,:) the Roll Call board has listings of all different sailings.

If you pop over there....whatever ship and date you are going on

might have a ROLL CALL already started. It is a great way to

meet others on your particular cruise.

On the right side of that forum there is Celebrity Logo....click on

it and then it will take you to the actual Celebrity site and you

can register for your CCparty.

What that is......if your roll call has a minimum of 25 signed up

within 3 days prior to your sailing the ship will set up a gathering

for all of you to meet in person.

Hope that made sense to you!

Oh, no! I like you, Walt, but I'm a Duke alumnus. ...
Well, we do have a "big tent" here, even for the misguided soles from the north end of the 15-501! :D

Oh, no! I like you, Walt, but I'm a Duke alumnus. Is that even allowed?

I'm also a Valley boy, and my dog won several ribbons in 2005 at a charity dog show for mutts held at Pierce College...

Thanks for this thread, Anne!

Oh, no, another Val. Did you grow up here, Drew? Taft grad myself.

Oh' date=' no, another Val. Did you grow up here, Drew? Taft grad myself.[/quote']Taft. Superb School!

Taft won the Academic Decathlon last month. The school frequently places very high nationally and has won against other Valley high schools in the past.

This year they beat Plano (Tex.) Sr. High 51,659 to 48,720.

Oh' date=' no, another Val. Did you grow up here, Drew? Taft grad myself.[/quote']

Nope. I'm originally from Pennsylvania. I'm coming up on my 15th anniversary of moving here. That qualifies me for native status, right?

Daveandjoy ~ welcome to Cruise Critic. Thanks for your post. If you haven't already posted you message about Century on a thread of it's own, please do so. People would love to hear your thoughts about the revitalization!

Drew ~ where in PA?

Small town called Hanover in South Central PA (near Gettysberg, and about 40 miles North of Baltimore).
I spent some time at the Steelton plant of Beth Steel which wasn't too far from Hanover, but I moved to LA almost 30 years ago.

Small world.

• 1 month later...

Anne and Walt, I cannot say enough about how these boards have helped in choosing our cruises. We started cruising with our kids on the Song of America over 17 years ago. They now cruise with their families and we are continuing to do our part by taking everyone recently on the Mariner of the Seas. The information on these boards has given us $ back, as prices dropped and everyone connected, and we have made numerous friends both pre cruise and post cruise.

Thanks for the great "volunteer" work!

Cruiserone, living in a part of NJ that no one ever sees!!!! It's beautiful here!:D

Cruiserone ~ thanks so much for taking the time to drop in and let us know that you enjoy the boards. They are here so you can gleam lots of good info and have fun planning your cruises. I have to admit, I've never heard of Columbus, NJ and I was raised in eastern PA. Just where is Columbus?

Keep cruising...

Archived