How many cruises do you take per year?

azlove2cruise

I took my first cruise last year and find myself completely hooked. I have all sorts of brochures, books on cruising, but these boards are the best. And, from reading these boards, it appears I am not alone in my cruise-craziness. There are lots of folks who have taken and continue to take several cruises per year, not just one big trip.

My next sailing is in July on CB. After that, I am planning another cruise with my parents and my brother sometime in Oct. They'll be first-timers. We're also booked on the Crown at year end. And, I just called my TA to look into a Med cruise mid-year 2007 and before that, perhaps a family reunion! If all goes as planned, that's 5 more cruises!

If all goes as planned, that's 5 more cruises!

As many as we can.... We did quite a few in the last year, have a couple coming up and could add one if the timing and price are right.

I think three a year average is not too many. One major and a couple more local 10 dayers (US port) would be nice. :D

Also hope to have one in the hopper (or thinking about getting one in the hopper) at all times

We usually try to take 2 cruises yearly, but after several years, we're finding it more difficult to book new and more interesting sailings. The caribbean has become "old hat" so we mix it some and do a single island now and then. We had done Europe, Alaska, etc. As the years go by, it's just harder to find things that are new.

As another who continues to be ignored by the PowerBall, our cruising is limited by how much vacation time we have. We can't consider cruises longer than about 12 days, particularly if we would have to fly a long way to reach the ship. Many great cruise opportunities escape our clutches because scheduling doesn't work out for us. I consider ourselves fortunate to get away twice per year.

Not enough. Had to skip this year to save for next years. These $5k vacations kind of pinch the pocket book. I haven't learned to go economically yet. We like the newer ships, the balconys, going down a day early, staying at a nice hotel.......... You only live once right?

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 2003

Caribbean Princess 2004

Caribbean Princess 2005

Carnival Liberty 2007

All our cruises are round-trip out of New York and if possible, more than 7 days. We always book a winter getaway to the Caribbean in late January or early February. Our second cruise is usually in October where we have the options of the Caribbean, Bermuda or Canada/New England. Both times avoid school holidays and spring break.

Delighted that we no longer have to fly anywhere to enjoy a cruise.

Although we both love cruising, we keep it limited to once a year to keep it special and increase the level of anticipation for each upcoming cruise. It also gives us the ability to take longer cruise, more land tours and add-on extras. We also swap on itineraries, I pick one, my DH picks the next, so we both end up happy. It wouldn't work for everyone, but it is exactly right for us.

Charlie

My cruise habits would be 2-3 per year. Varies. I love to cruise ;)

I do take a family vacation every year on land too (Chatham, Cape Cod)

My motto is "I work to travel" :) If you can afford to go why not???

Happy Cruising....................

We have done three cruises a year for the past two years, "we love to cruise" , no more camping for us, our daughter went on her first cruise at six months, she will have her second birthday on board the Dawn Princess next week, for her 5th. cruise.

We came back last year after one cruise in '88 now try to do two a year.Three would be great. Right now one from FL and another from Cape Liberty.Krazy4cruisin has it right. Kids, college, weddings grand kids, it is our turn now. Yes do it the right way.

The last couple of years, it has been 3 per year with 2 of them being a B2B.

This year, I have cruised once and did a land trip to Japan. I am not sure if I will do a land trip or a cruise this fall.

I am also avoiding the Caribbean. I have cruised there a lot and it is getting way too crowded for me. There are plenty of other places I would prefer to go. I am now trying to find economical ways to see places I have not been or only spent a little time at (maybe some place I have seen on a cruise but only spent a day there) - if I go back via land or cruise, I don't care - I just want to expand my horizons a little.

We retired in December of 2000. Our last day was on a Friday, on Saturday we boarded a ship! That started it. We've cruised 18 times since we retired. In 2005 we took four cruises. This year we've been on two already, will leave on another on July 1 and have two scheduled after that. But we've sort of decided that five in one year is a little much and are probably going to cancel the September Caribbean cruise. We don't really care for the Western Caribbean all that much. It was mostly a "too good to pass up" fare offer that made us schedule it.

We have elderly friends in their 80's who had to give up cruises. I guess we're trying to get as many in as possible before we get too old or too infirm to travel ... or our money runs out.

Since my DH "semi retired" 2 years ago we have done 6 cruises with a 7th coming up fast and an 8th booked! :eek: We are trying to decide on 2 others (this Fall and Feb. '07) but it does get harder. We choose by unusual itineraries as well as cost of cruise and cost of flights. We're spoiled by balconies, though for the right cruise, we'll take any cabin. As DH says, we might as well cruise now while we have the discretionary income of his part-time work, as well as our health. I won't argue with that! ;)

I've been 2 a year for a few years, and try to do cruises longer than 7 days. As others have said, Caribbean is "old hat" and "same old, same old."

I try to avoid the large ships because they generally go to the same old, same old ports. Plus, the smaller ships can go to more interesting and unusual ports.

I've got some interesting (to me) cruises booked, plus a land vacation over the holidays in the Dominican Republic. A group of friends are going on a train trip in February but I've declined since I'm moving to CA next year and will need time to pack up and sell.

Not retired yet but are averaging 4 per year so far. Took our first cruise in Nov., 2002. In Sept. we will board cruise # 15 and are booked on #16 in late Nov. Our search is on for #s 17 -20 for 2007.:D

As not-retired yet empty nesters who love to travel, we know there's a whole world out there we've yet to see and want to see as much of it as we can before we're too old to travel or run out of money --- which ever comes first.;)

Life is like a sewer. You can only get out of it what you put into it.

Dianne

In my dreams, I'm on a cruise 24/7 :D .

But, when reality sets in :( , DH and I take one "big vacation" each year - usually a cruise or beach resort in late January to escape the bitterly cold and snowy Michigan winter.

Our annual winter escape is supplemented with many "mini-trips" throughout the year: season tickets to the ballet and long weekends in Toronto, renting a condo on Mackinac Island several days each summer, a weekend in Chicago here and there, and various other short excursions (i.e. a 3-night trip to D.C. next weekend).

When DH retires, we hope to do at least two cruises annually. We'd eventually like to do Alaska, New England/Canada, Mediterranean, among others. For now, we book our annual winter escape a year in advance and savor the excitement of the impending voyage from day to day! :)

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Over the last 20 years we have cruised once every two years on the average. This year we have already cruised once with another in the works. Next years two are in the works with family and friends.

then who knows!!!! We love cruising too. It is our favorite way to vacaton.

Archived