Choosing dining location - Constellation

luvocean9

I just booked my first cruise with Celebrity in cabin 8172. :D Whoa! I have cruised Princess and Carnival. Anyway, they asked where I would like to be seated in the dining room. (I'm liking Celebrity a lot all ready.) I was thinking I would like the 2nd floor near the stern and balcony railing so I have a view out that huge wall of windows and could see below as well. What do others suggest?

Is there a way I can get an actual table number and request a specific table?

but I was told by a couple of waiters that the best servers are near the doors to the kitchen area. This is one of the rewards that they receive for getting good comments in the customer service surveys at the end of the cruise. Reason for this is less carrying of trays. It actually makes a lot of sense but don't know if its true.

My preference is for the main floor in the center near the captain's table. I have some friends who prefer the balcony near the railing. I'm not exactly thrilled with that location but will be there in February on our Panama Canal Cruise so I can be with out friends

We usually prefer the balcony, near the railing. However, we were seated next to our friends on our last cruise; center, main level. While the location was nice, it was very, very noisy. We did have to speak up to hear one another. Next time, we're back on the balcony level. Actually, not next time; we're on the Zenith and they only have one level!

but I was told by a couple of waiters that the best servers are near the doors to the kitchen area. This is one of the rewards that they receive for getting good comments in the customer service surveys at the end of the cruise. Reason for this is less carrying of trays. It actually makes a lot of sense but don't know if its true.

I don't know, either, but it would make a lot of sense, especially on Celebrity where the WAITERS carry the heavy trays of entrees. On HAL the assistant carries the trays.

Interesting....I have cruised Celebrity many times and have never been asked what location in the dining room I wanted to sit at; only what size table.

Maybe this is a concierge class perk? I chose a CC cabin to have one of those fabulous aft balconies, but it comes with many other benfits and maybe this is one of them. Anyway, it's nice to have a choice.

Interesting....I have cruised Celebrity many times and have never been asked what location in the dining room I wanted to sit at; only what size table.

I too have never been asked where I wanted to sit after booking 9 cruises with Celebrity.

Also they can't even seem to be get table size straight never mind location. On another cruise we had asked that we sit with 2 other parties we were cruising with. They had all our booking numbers linked together. Guess what - we weren't together. Thank goodness I checked on embarkation day. They straightened it out, but still......how can they promise you a specific table?

I believe it is a request, not a promise. My original post asked, "Is there a way I can get an actual table number and request a specific table?" The Celebrity person simply asked where I would like to sit. So far, I told him next to a window and he was making a note of it. I was trying to find out here if I could be more specific. It sounds like it's a crap shoot as to whether or not I will have my request granted.

• 2 weeks later...
Are any of the tables in red in the attached these 2 tables? If so, which ones? Did you have these and enjoy them?

The lower one on left (port) side should be 503 and 500 is on starboard across from it. Did not have these. Have been on deck 4 near rear windows a few times. Once on deck 5 near serving door. Had 404 under starboard rear window on last cruise in May.

I think 503 or 500 is a good choice.

It's apparent that there is no consensus here.

On our last cruise we sat on the main floor, by the windows on the side, about half way between the front and back. It was one of the nicer locations. The center of the room probably has the nicest view but the side by the windows seemed a little quieter for conversation. We'd prefer the lower sound level.

I may get flamed for this. I don't care. (But a disclaimer - I'm not necessarily referring to any of the people who posted in THIS thread.)

I think it's interesting that some of the same frequent cruisers who chastise others for sweating too many little details on a cruise instead of just enjoying themselves turn out to be the same people who absolutely have to have a specific aft cabin or specific table in the dining room.

When it comes to the dining room, personally I choose to be far more interested in the company at my table and the food on my plate than where precisely I'm sitting. ;)

Twice on Summit we had what we originally considered one of the worst tables available. The first time was under the stairs right outside the kitchen doors, the second was on the second level right outside the kitchen doors. My husband has a hearing problem and the table under the stairs was absolutely perfect for him - no noise at all. However, you were unable to see anything going on in the dining room and, on our last cruise; we noticed these tables were no longer there. While being right outside the kitchen doors initially didn't appeal, it was a great people watching table and we got to know so many staff members because everyone stops to speak with you on their way by. Maybe they also think you got the worst table and are trying to make up for it! On another Summit cruise we were at a table located in the aft port corner. An officer friend was horrified we got such a terrible table and wanted to have us moved. We loved it; quiet and out of the main traffic area. Fortunately everyone has different tastes or there wouldn't be enough tables to accommodate all the guests without even more complaining.

The lower one on left (port) side should be 503 and 500 is on starboard across from it. Did not have these. Have been on deck 4 near rear windows a few times. Once on deck 5 near serving door. Had 404 under starboard rear window on last cruise in May.

I think 503 or 500 is a good choice.

How do you know the table numbers?

I wrote them down when someone posted them about a year ago.

Deck 4 Port Side 401-403-405 [Captain's] Starboard 400-402-404

Deck 5 Port Side 501-503______________Starboard 500-502

I know this thread is about the Constellation, but do you have numbers for the Century class, too?

I just booked my first cruise with Celebrity in cabin 8172. :D Whoa! I have cruised Princess and Carnival. Anyway, they asked where I would like to be seated in the dining room. (I'm liking Celebrity a lot all ready.) I was thinking I would like the 2nd floor near the stern and balcony railing so I have a view out that huge wall of windows and could see below as well. What do others suggest?

Is there a way I can get an actual table number and request a specific table?

May I ask who asked you. Your TA or Celebrity? If the answer is the latter, when did they ask that?

I have never sailed on the Constellation, but have been on 57 cruises since I was a child (I'm 40 now)

I say this not to brag, but to illustrate how I could use your help.

My brand new husband loves to travel as much as I do, but has NEVER cruised. We are booked on the Constellation for Skan/Russia 5/19/07.

I need to do as much as possible to convince him cruising is the way to go...

with that said anyone know of a great location for a table for 2.

We will be in an inside cabin on this cruise to save a few pennies, but I am Elite/Diamond ...

Thanks!

K

Archived