Anyone have referral cards?

Dorinda

Am confused. I was on the SPirit in Nov....when do I get referral cards? How do I get referral cards?

Also, I would not have booked Seabourn had it not been for this board. Yes, I did get a card from a C.C. person who answered questions and convinced me that this was the way to go. I have neighbors who are thinking of booking and would like to have referral cards for them and for my future cruises.

I've tried it the "private" way twice and in neither instance did the referred cruisers (personal friends) nor I receive our promised credits. There was no record of the cards (four, mailed at different times, by my friends and myself) being received at Blue Lagoon. Hmmm.....

xplrcrzn,

I am sorry that you had this experience and four times. I am suspicious of the mail. The one time I referred a couple and sent in my referral and original shipboard credit vouchers (vouchers are no longer used and the shipboard accounts are automatically credited after final payment), I sent them via FedEx at he least expensive letter rate with signature required and did not have a problem with my limited one-time experience. Investing a few dollars for a $500 shipboard credit was worth it to me. However, nothing protects you from "Oh your FedEx letter was lost between the Reception Desk and the Club Desk."

Jane-I don't think Seabourn is doing this out of generousity. Seabourn may feel that these inducements are no longer needed since the ships are filling up pretty well as it is. And in times of cutbacks, something like this would be the first to go (at one time it was $500, now it is $400). If they do drop the program I hope they don't try to blame it on "abuse," which I think would be counter-productive and insulting to past and future customers.

I have used the coupons 2 times--one for our daughter--who sailed in her own suite with us--the second was for a close friend, who loved it and has become a regular. In both cases the new passengers used AMX Platinum, and gained little from the referral. In both cases I followed up on the coupon thru the full cycle--I didn't feel that Seabourn liked the program. I have a close friend(golf partner) who convinced to try Seabourn--I have $500 coupons in hand, but I called the Club Desk, and asked for new ones--the answer was sure we will send them right out--it's 3 months and no coupons--my friend is using AMX Platinum, so I said to heck with it. I'm a little upset, because I told my friend I could get him a deal, but I'll live with it--I don't want to waste my time chasing it thru again! Good luck if you are trying to use the program!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - we are going to be booking our first Seabourn crossing - Pride 2008 this week. Would anyone have a referral card for us? We would appreciate it. We will use AMEX Platinum - do I just tell the agent or do I have to physically have a card in my hand. New to this. Have crossed with Regent but just can't wait to try Seabourn! Our email is

seadogsams@hotmail.com

if anyone can help out. Thanks so much!

Archived