Anyone have referral cards?

Dorinda

:mad: We have been on two Seabourn cruises and have never received any referral cards.

I contacted our TA to see about getting some and he has said that the Seabourn Referral Programme finished a few months ago and that this has been confirmed by the Seabourn World Club Department.

Anyone else heard this? Our TA is very good so I would think his information is reliable.

Use those referral cards whilst you can!:)

Sue

:mad: We have been on two Seabourn cruises and have never received any referral cards.

I contacted our TA to see about getting some and he has said that the Seabourn Referral Programme finished a few months ago and that this has been confirmed by the Seabourn World Club Department.

Anyone else heard this? Our TA is very good so I would think his information is reliable.

Use those referral cards whilst you can!:)

Sue

Hi Sue,

I emailed the Seabourn Club to ask for some as the UK never gets them and they sent two out to me just a few weeks ago, well the date on the envelope is 02 June '06, so if I were you I would ask directly.

Kathryn

I think it's worth considering whether this sort of Ebay-style exchange of referral cards is a good idea, in the long run.

The company obviously intends the cards to be used by you as an incentive to your friends and family to try Seabourn. The implied obligation on your part is to initiate the conversation and suggest Seabourn. The company is more than willing to reward you for that service.

Giving the card to someone (whether you know them or not) who already intends to book a Seabourn cruise does not constitute that service to the company. Forgive a stickler, but that is claiming the reward under false pretenses.

It would not surprise me if the company questioned the wisdom of continuing the program if it is not accomplishing the company's goals for it.

Here endeth the sermon.

Hi...

I believe that anyone considering a Seabourn cruise who reads here is influenced by the remarks that experienced SBer's have to say. I know I was! Without finding this board, and reading the (mostly exceptional) comments, I would have not booked my first, and subsequent, SB cruises. Truth to be told, Ms. Martita's multiple postings were the most influential for my booking, and if I had been aware of "referrals" at that time, I would have inquired on this board!

I fail to see the difference in a "personal" recommendation, and a "personal" reflection of positives posted here which, ultimately, leads to a new booking for Seabourn!

Isn't that what SB is looking for? Word-of-mouth (or letters) amounts to the same thing...more bookings for Seabourn!

Just my opinion, of course! :)

Paul

Well I appreciate your opinion about referral cards and that you don't think it's proper to be sending them to people we meet on Cruise Critic, but I disagree. We are "friends" here.....and constantly making new friends, that we hope to see on our sailings. So I'm very happy that people are requesting cards, and glad when those who are booked can supply them.

I think it's a great way to get a little help with onboard expenses, and I appreciate the opportunity.

nanagirl, along with Paul, I am on your 12/2 December Barbados-Barbados cruise too...so I'll be happy to meet you, as well. If you check out the CruiseCritic member reviews, I have quite a lengthy one there, for the Legend, about my recent April 2006 cruise.

Jane :)

Well I appreciate your opinion about referral cards and that you don't think it's proper to be sending them to people we meet on Cruise Critic, but I disagree. We are "friends" here.....and constantly making new friends, that we hope to see on our sailings. So I'm very happy that people are requesting cards, and glad when those who are booked can supply them.

I think it's a great way to get a little help with onboard expenses, and I appreciate the opportunity.

nanagirl, along with Paul, I am on your 12/2 December Barbados-Barbados cruise too...so I'll be happy to meet you, as well. If you check out the CruiseCritic member reviews, I have quite a lengthy one there, for the Legend, about my recent April 2006 cruise.

Jane :)

Nice to know we will have friends aboard before we even get there!!!:D

Nice to know we will have friends aboard before we even get there!!!:D

That's one great thing about the CC boards...particularly if you are traveling solo. At least, it is for me!

"Friends helping friends"...particularly on the Seabourn board! ;)

• 4 months later...

John III,

I mailed your "Referral Coupon" to Wally yesterday so you're set!

A 'lit closer to your sailing date you may want to double check with the Miami Club Desk as to your booking number. Then, upon embarking, stop by the Welcoming Desk and check again, with the Chief Purser. If your $400 on board credit is NOT in your account, ask them please to contact Wally. Like magic, it will appear!! :p

Martita B.

John III,

You are quite welcome! These "Referral Coupons" are Seabourn's expression of "thanking us" for booking/sailing with their Cruise Line.

I just used my last "vintage" Coupon that Deborah had mailed me several years ago~~~when I looked down and saw her signature, I couldn't help but cry~~~~I plan to use this certificate during my Dec. sailing.....with love and with care. (probably for the Crew fund, in her memory)

Upon your return from the Confederate Ball

please post here, "A'round The Water Cooler...."

Inquiring minds, 'ya know!:confused:

Martita B.

Blackie,

These "Vintage" Guest Coupon's were $500, with no expiration date.....I always used them very carefully.......I'm sure these are all gone by now~~~

And, I think the newer ones are quite generous & appropriate, as the "receiver" also benefits. We all enjoy having money in our "Purser Bank!"

Bye Bye, Blackbird...."pack up all your cares and woes....here you go.........dee dum dee dum......";)

Have lots of fun!!!!

Pinkie

Martita--I still have 4 of the old $500 coupons that Deborah sent out--we used 3 of them several years ago, but were under the impression from the Club Desk that they were not good any more--am I wrong? I even offered to change the $500 to $400 before using them--they said no--I would have to wait for new ones to be sent. Don

John III,

You are quite welcome! These "Referral Coupons" are Seabourn's expression of "thanking us" for booking/sailing with their Cruise Line.

I just used my last "vintage" Coupon that Deborah had mailed me several years ago~~~when I looked down and saw her signature, I couldn't help but cry~~~~I plan to use this certificate during my Dec. sailing.....with love and with care. (probably for the Crew fund, in her memory)

Upon your return from the Confederate Ball

please post here, "A'round The Water Cooler...."

Inquiring minds, 'ya know!:confused:

Martita B.

Don,

I, too, was under the impression our old "Vintage" Ref. Coupons were invalid, but I checked last year and did use one.

The one I just sent in, may be null and void~~~if so, I have a few of the newer ones.

I actually suspect the Coupons program will cease in the future.

Hope not~~~

Martita

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning..could I please ask you do you still have the referrals that you offered by in June..I would only need one...my cousin is coming with me for the first time. I have sailed many times and (seabourn) and have never been offered any referrals...so I would like my sister to enjoy the extras,if that is what the referrals are for..I am unsure why I have never been offered them, but anyways could you please get back to me...we are going to do the crossing in March...I made my final payment yesterday..thank you for your time.

Archived