Anyone have referral cards?

Dorinda

After my last voyage they sent me a brochure that had a couple of referral cards. I haven't received it yet after just getting back from the Pride last Saturday. If they do send one and if there is anyone needing a referral card, would you please send me an email at jrockley@sheppardmullin.com? It helped so much on my cruise to the Caribbean, covering my laundry and email service, etc. I'm booking 12/8 - 12/22 2007, so it would come in handy then. If anyone is interested, and if you don't mind contacting me, I'd really appreciate it. I'll have one soon, I'm sure. Thanks.

P.S. I'm sorry, Granny. With all your days on Seabourn, you surely deserve them!

Jane

Why is there "discrimination" concerning these referal thingys? Some get the benefits....some dont....why???? NEVER seen one, NEVER offered one.....NEVER benefited from one......:confused:

Granny...contact the club desk and ask this question...if hardly seems right!

My wife and I are priority wait-listed for the Legend trans-atlantic crossing on 4/1/07. If anyone has an extra coupon I'd appreciate it. If we don't end up sailing I'll return it. Thank you.

P. S. - Still unsure how this program works from reading the replies. Do referer and referee both get a credit?

If you get one Granny you can send it down to Sydney :) :) :) :)

Then if we get one we can send it back to you???

I've found with using a lot of the American based travel industry things that is is not unusual for us to just miss out altogether...ie can't book certain packages etc. this is not exclusisvely seabourn!

You know, I told someone that I may be getting a referral card and that I would send it to them...but now that I think of it, maybe this isn't a standard thing Seabourn does after every sailing? I live in California and got two referral cards after my two week trip in April. Did anyone else get these cards, a couple of weeks after they got home from their cruises, within the last several months or so? Now I think maybe I shouldn't have volunteered what I don't yet have!

Jane :(

Jane:

I got the same thank-you letter with referral cards after our April cruise. We'll have to see if we get another "thank you"!

Lefty Bob:

No, you don't have to be on the same cruise. Once the party using the referral makes their final payment and send in their coupon, they get the credit on their booked cruise. The originator of the coupon will have their credit on their next sailing, whenever it is....

I used mine for an excursion, internet minutes, a facial (!), and still had a large amount to donate to the Crew's Welfare Fund (to which I added more than the existing on board balance).

It really comes in handy! I've got a coupon out floating, and hopefully it will be used soon! (Hint! I've got a Legend 3/11/07 week coming up! :D )

Paul

;)

Paul, I hope we do get the referrals again. It sure helped with my dry cleaning and internet charges. Not to mention the whoopee, yahoo horseback riding excursion on Margarita Island!

I am the appropriate color for the holidays, green as a fir tree, over your returning to Seabourn in March of 2007. How I'm going to survive a year before reboarding the Pride.....well....I guess I'll find out.

Jane :(

whose post-cruise photo album has pictures of Paul in his elegant dinner jacket

Paul / "Waterford 808" How was the facial . I saw that in the services offered and thought about having one . Will it restore my youthful Brad Pitt like look ?:confused:

John: It was very nice & relaxing...but don't get your expectations too high! :D

Jane: Sorry about your holiday colorations...however, you'll surely be a hit at the company Holiday party! A little deep red lipstick, and you can be the Christmas tree! (Sorry! ;) couldn't help it...holiday season & all! :) ) Maybe Santa will be extra good to you this year.... But just know next Dec. I'll be the green one!

Paul

who will never be mistaken for Mr. Pitt, regardless of the number of facials

Alibee, another CCer emailed me and said there were none in his magazine either.

Also, I didn't realize that when I did get my referral cards, my name and club member number was printed on them. I guess I was a little confused, I thought they were just blank and anyone could use them with anyone else. It was back in April when I used one, and I didn't remember that.

Sorry for the misinformation about the cards being in the "Herald", but that's what Seabourn told me (by email).

Jane

If Seabourn is serious about the referral program I wish they would manage it in a serious way.

From what I can gather Seabourn are not impressed with the way the referrals are being touted here on the boards. They are taking it very seriously indeed and are thinking about discontinuing the whole referral scheme because of the blatant misuse. It is supposed to be a personal referral, do not get me wrong. I am an offender too but have been chastised by Seabourn as have others and I now resist the temptation.

Kathryn

From what I can gather Seabourn are not impressed with the way the referrals are being touted here on the boards. They are taking it very seriously indeed and are thinking about discontinuing the whole referral scheme because of the blatant misuse. It is supposed to be a personal referral, do not get me wrong. I am an offender too but have been chastised by Seabourn as have others and I now resist the temptation.

Kathryn

Kathryn, thanks for posting this. I often felt that this was an exploited promotion here at CC, but never mentioned it.

Well, Crystal seems to have no problem with the way its referral program is '"touted" on CC's Crystal board. Referral programs are a marketing gimmick to generate new business and I don't see how or why it is meant to be "personal." I would guess that Seabourn's problem is that they consider prospective cruisers reading CC to already be "in the bag" and thus a waste of the referral inducements. Plus, they may consider CC to some sort of referral card black market. I've tried it the "private" way twice and in neither instance did the referred cruisers (personal friends) nor I receive our promised credits. There was no record of the cards (four, mailed at different times, by my friends and myself) being received at Blue Lagoon. Hmmm.....

I don't think I knew Seabourn didn't like this, about the referral cards, but perhaps we should be a little more careful how we discuss things in the future. It's not my impression that any of us want to exploit Seabourn's generosity. I know that was not my intention.

I'm sorry I brought it up. Needless to say, that's the end of it from me!

Jane

Archived