Recent Windsurf Passengers

donna5

I'm getting concerned now about the hot cabins. We are booked in A301 and was thinking maybe we should cancel if this is a big problem. The trip will be in Oct and final payment is at beginning of July. So if any recent passengers can shed some light on this please let me know.

I'm getting concerned now about the hot cabins. We are booked in A301 and was thinking maybe we should cancel if this is a big problem. The trip will be in Oct and final payment is at beginning of July. So if any recent passengers can shed some light on this please let me know.

I was on the WIND SURF from early to mid-May and didn't have any problems with a hot cabin (or hot public rooms, for that matter). I don't know how well the air conditioning would work in the middle of July or August, but if my experience is any guide, you shouldn't have anything to worry about in October.

It has been my experience that the first day you arrive can be rather warm in the cabin. By evening it has cooled off and usually, after that, I continually make my room warmer as it get to cool....Happy Sailing...I wish I was holding a ticket!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from the Surf on the June 18th Nice-Rome sailing. We had a 100-level cabin and both us and our friends next door did experience some AC problems (it just never quite cooled off enough, often felt warm and stuffy) but it might have been because of our lower level. One day our friends put in a call to maintenance about the problem and by the next day their cabin was much more comfortable. It's almost as if they have the cabins set at a certain level of coolness and won't adjust that level down unless a complaint is made. It wasn't enough to ruin our trip by any means, and we're talking about it having been mid-90's and about 85% humidity, which I would seriously doubt you'll encounter in October. Go for it!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Wind Surf in Lisbon on Sunday, July 9th. We were in 201 and we met the people in 301. I never heard a complaint about the A/C and our cabin was very cool - even when we first got there. It was very warm in Spain - over 90 in a few ports. The cabin and the common areas were comfortably cool all the time. In fact we always slept with the comforter and we are very sensitive to the heat. Don't worry!

just returned from the windurf. no problem with the air anywhere. cabins were perfect temp. feel free to ask any question!

We are looking forward to our first WindStar experience aboard the Wind Surf in September, Barcelona to Lisbon. I have read so many great things about the ship that I was a little disappointed when I recently read a review that said the Wind Surf was looking tired :( and would be going into drydock this winter. Hopefully the appearence of the ship didn't take away from the over all pleasure of your cruise. Would love to hear your assessment of the Wind Surf.

Just returned from the Windsurf, Barcelona-Lisbon and had no problem with the air in cabin 303. Always comfortable despite very hot days. As for the ships condition, it looks great for a relatively older ship. I am looking forward to booking my next cruise on the Windsurf. This was an excellent cruise!

• 1 month later...
just returned from the windurf. no problem with the air anywhere. cabins were perfect temp. feel free to ask any question!

I am hoping to take my second ever cruise on Windstar in Feb. in the Southern Caribbean. (if my friend comes through) I've read some stuff about being herded around, crew with attitude, etc. This surprised me as I wouldn't expect that on such a small ship. Is this just a "can't be pleased" sort of person? Would two women of "a certain age" feel out of it due to the couples? Please just tell me all the negatives so I won't be suprised!! (my first cruise was on Orient Lines last month to St. Petersburg, Stockholm, etc and the ship was no big deal but nice enough and the ports were awesome, so I'm hoping for at least as good.)

Thanks so much!!! Peggy

Goldengirl4ever, I cannot think that someone would write that. Having been on the ships countless times, I can only say wonderful things about the ship and her crew. The Crew are the best there are. I have never been herded anywhere. In fact, that is one of the big draws to the small ship. On the excursions, numbers are small simply because the ships hold only 148-304 happy cruisers, and there are several tours to chose from. As for there being two of you ladies on board, I just completed a 14day transatlantic cruise this April.....solo....and had a wonderful time.

The crew on the ship are wonderful. In what I would say..ah.. 24 hours, they all know your name, favorite drink, how you like your coffee, etc. There is always a smile, and never ever is anything too much trouble. You can see from below how much hubby and I love the cruiseline.

I can never say that we have had a a less than wonderful sailing. In fact we are going to be on for 3 weeks this month. Plain and simple, its pure pleasure. We have also met friends for life through sailing on a smaller scaled ship. I do not even have all my cruises listed below, but we await the next as if it was our first. Hope this helps. You ladies will love it!!:)

• 1 month later...

Just incase you didn't read my glowing review of our cruise aboard the WindSurf from Barcelona to Lisbon 09/10, let me assure you that as far as we were concerned there was no problem with airconditioning aboard. The ship was beautiful, I sincerely wouldn't change anything about her.

Shirley

I am hoping to take my second ever cruise on Windstar in Feb. in the Southern Caribbean. (if my friend comes through) I've read some stuff about being herded around, crew with attitude, etc. This surprised me as I wouldn't expect that on such a small ship. Is this just a "can't be pleased" sort of person? Would two women of "a certain age" feel out of it due to the couples? Please just tell me all the negatives so I won't be suprised!! (my first cruise was on Orient Lines last month to St. Petersburg, Stockholm, etc and the ship was no big deal but nice enough and the ports were awesome, so I'm hoping for at least as good.)

Thanks so much!!! Peggy

Peggy, I remembered reading your post before I left on our cruise aboard the WindSurf in September from Barcelona to Lisbon, at the time I didn't feel I was qualified to answer some of your concerns regarding the crew's attitude. Now that I have sailed on this marvelous ship and having spent time with what I would discribe as a 5 Star Crew. I can say without any hesitation, that what ever negatives that you had heard regarding service on the WindSurf was a figment of someones imagination, and very far from the truth. Hope this helps you or anyone else considering a WindStar Cruise. Shirley

We were just in #337 and the aircon was so COLD that I had to rig up some sort of carboard shield in front of the vents to stop it blowing on us!!!!

Archived