What to do with seapass card

First time cruising with 4 kids and husband. My question is probably a real stupid one. When you are at the pool, or out and about, what do you do with your seapass card and cash? Also, when you are on the islands, how safe is it to leave your bag on the beach with your seapass card and cash in it while you are in the ocean? Does anyone have any helpful hints for this first time cruiser?

WE use a water wallet. Usually leave cash in safe while on ship. I usually take a large tote bage to put lotion, towels, change of clothes , an put cards in there while on beach. We usually try to find a friendly cruiser to sit by an take turns watching each others things so everyone can enjoy the water. :D

I just returned yesterday from my third cruise. We put our cash and cards and put them in a small water proof pouch we had. We left our things unattended. I know a risk is taken by doing that. I have never heard of anyone getting things, cards, etc stolen but not saying it couldn't happen.

There was a really nice looking woman in a bikini on our cruise this spring (Hi Daisy!) She stuck her card in her bikini bottom. Somehow it was always just stuck there and never seemed to slip out. I tried that with mine one day, but I couldn't find it between all my stomach rolls... had to wait for DH to come back to order a drink...

You do not need cash on the ship, so you just have to take your card with you. I have a hole punched in mine and attach it to a lanyard. If I am lounging out in the sun, I put it in a pocket in my beach bag that I take up on deck with me.

While off the ship we put our card, ID and cash in our waterwallets, which never leave our bodies. This way we never have to worry about our beachbag when we are in the water or walking the beach.

We do we get the water wallets? I have never heard of them before. Now with getting the hold punched into the seapass, will someone punch it for you? Do they sell RC lanyards on the ship to attach it to? That would be good for the kids to have. I worry what if they lose theirs. Not only do I have to worry about our, but the kids too.

We do we get the water wallets? I have never heard of them before. Now with getting the hold punched into the seapass, will someone punch it for you? Do they sell RC lanyards on the ship to attach it to? That would be good for the kids to have. I worry what if they lose theirs. Not only do I have to worry about our, but the kids too.

I do not know how old your kids are but there should never be a time that they should have to have it. (BUT you must have it to get on and off the ship) and again unless they are older, they would not need it as shopping is hazardous (ie Expensive) , the arcades are a swipe and charge, the internet is the same, and they should not be going to the cabin alone anyways... (again not knowing how little your kids are.. if they are small then you could leave their cards in the cabin unless getting off the ship.. if they are older and they will have them, be careful about charges,, even though you can limit spending and set limits at the pursur desk, it often times can still be used to run up a big bill.. if the kids keep the cards, check the charges at least once a day..

the rccl website under gifts and gear sell the water wallets there. There are many other places you can get them as well.

Have a great vacation

I believe you can get waterwallets on all of the ships. There is one for sale here on CC. If you go to the top of the page to "Store" you can find them. Here is a picture of that one: safe.jpg They are $5.95, but are out of stock right now.

The purser will punch a hole in your seapass for you. I don't know if they have lanyards, but you can purchase some at K-mart. I bet Dollar Store might have some, too.

If the kids should lose theirs, go to the purser and tell them and they will issue them new ones.

I believe you can get waterwallets on all of the ships. There is one for sale here on CC. If you go to the top of the page to "Store" you can find them. Here is a picture of that one: safe.jpg They are $5.95, but are out of stock right now.

The purser will punch a hole in your seapass for you. I don't know if they have lanyards, but you can purchase some at K-mart. I bet Dollar Store might have some, too.

If the kids should lose theirs, go to the purser and tell them and they will issue them new ones.

You can get these at any sporting goods store or dive shop. Less than $5.00.

I purchased detachable lanyards from cruisecritic at this address:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=15

"They" say by using the detachable ones, it's easier to swipe rather than always pulling another type of lanyard over your head. Also, when swimming, you can detach the pass and put into your water safe which we purchased at this address:

http://www.shopgiftsandgear.com/product.asp?cat=6&pid=20230&str=1

For excursions, I bought one waterproof pouch for cash, credit card, copy of passport, etc. at this address:

http://www.goinginstyle.com/gis/body_individual.asp?pf%5Fid=361&dept%5Fid=45

Hope this helps and have a great vacation.:D

When we registered our kids, age 10 & 11, for the kids club, they hole punched their cards and gave them lanyards to wear them on. They wore them all week. We keep our cards in our pool bag. We weren't comfortable leaving our cards, cash, and camera on the beach in Mexico so we purchased a neat water proof bag. Here's a link http://www.waterproofcases.net/650.html. We actually purchased ours at a local boating store.

The younger (up to 11) kids get a lanyard if you sign them up at Adventure Ocean. They also sell lanyards in the ship gift shop. If you get a hole punched, get it in the end opposite the end you stick in your cabin door. The kids will already have 2 holes punched in the side of the card to indicate they can't drink. But ask guest services to punch another on the end. If the holes ever tear, just go to guest services for a new one.

Kids need their cards at all times if they have the soda sticker on their card. I wouldn't worry about leaving it at the pool - if it's missing, just get a replacement fast before anyone can charge on it.

I wouldn't leave it on the beach. If your bag is stolen, you can't get back on the boat - at least without a lot of hassle.

They sell wallets that can get wet but be sure they are in a safe pocket. The plastic containers that go around your neck are ok, but if a wave knocks you over, they could come off.

We just let DH carry all of ours in his wallet since he only gets wet up to his ankles.

They sell wallets that can get wet but be sure they are in a safe pocket. The plastic containers that go around your neck are ok, but if a wave knocks you over, they could come off.

I am always worried about this, so I loop mine around my swimming suit strap and then tuck it in my suit. My DH has a pocket on his trunks that has a velcro closure, so that is where he puts his.

Just some other options. :)

Archived