Dining Room temperature

conan126

Ok we are busy packing for the Legend, and of course wife is trying to pack everything but the kitchen sink (sorry ladies, but typically men get by with less clothes;)) Does anybody know just how cool it gets in the dining room? Taking a sweater for the caribbean I feel is a waste of space.

I was very happy that I packed a sweater when we sailed last year. It did get chilly in the dining room, and a bit breezy on deck at night for a stroll. I will definitely take a sweater for me & DD when we cruise this fall.

Ok we are busy packing for the Legend, and of course wife is trying to pack everything but the kitchen sink (sorry ladies, but typically men get by with less clothes;)) Does anybody know just how cool it gets in the dining room? Taking a sweater for the caribbean I feel is a waste of space.
My husband packs enough for a month, I pack enough for 4 days and make do for the 7. :rolleyes:

However, I do pack a sweater. Dining room and some other areas can be pretty chilly. :)

I forgot a sweater or jacket on my last cruise to the Caribbean and ended up buying a Carnival sweatshirt. Yes, you need to pack a sweater . . . it gets really chilly in just about all the public places on the ship.

Yes, she needs to pack a sweater...and you probably do too!

The air conditioner is always running at full-blast when you're inside the ship. Sometimes it's freezing!

I pack a dressy sweater for evenings and a zip-up sweatshirt for daytime and use both every day!

Have fun!

Am I the only woman who wasn't the least bit cold in the dining room? We were on Fantasy last Nov and no one complained about it. I wore sleeveless dresses with bare legs and open toed shoes and never felt the least bit chilly. I was't cold anywhere onboard and I don't remember seeing anyone in sweaters or wraps.

Am I the only woman who wasn't the least bit cold in the dining room? We were on Fantasy last Nov and no one complained about it. I wore sleeveless dresses with bare legs and open toed shoes and never felt the least bit chilly. I was't cold anywhere onboard and I don't remember seeing anyone in sweaters or wraps.

Not the only one, I found it fairly warm in the dining room. I never get cold anywhere on the ship for that matter.

My advice to you is... If your wife gets cold easily then she will most likly need to have it ( more for your piece of mind) ;) . But if she doesn't then I would leave it at home.

I wasn't cold in the dining room on the Miracle but I think we may have been in the only warm spot in there. I was cool everywhere else indoors so I wore long pants and something long sleeved every night. I remember being cold in the dining room on the Pride 3 years ago.

I think a lot of it depends on what you are used to at home. They keep the ship around 73 - 74 degrees. I thought that everyplace was way too hot, but then we keep the house closer to 68 degrees all the time.

So if you keep your house warm 75 or better you will feel cold.

Well it sounds like if one is always cold (cough,cough) she needs to bring a sweater. zqvol, I b***h all the time about it being too hot. 40 degrees outside, that means shorts:D Can't wait to experience air conditioning, Chicago weather stinks right now!!!

I think a lot of it depends on what you are used to at home. They keep the ship around 73 - 74 degrees. I thought that everyplace was way too hot, but then we keep the house closer to 68 degrees all the time.

So if you keep your house warm 75 or better you will feel cold.

This is probably why we're always cold on cruises - we're in Arizona and accustomed to heat with a big capital "H" so 73-74 does feel pretty chilly to us in the summer. Bring a sweater unless you want to shell out some bucks and buy a jacket or sweatshirt in the ship's store.

Guest YesitDonna

I am from Boston and I have been cold on just about every ship I have been on, at one point or another. It can't hurt to have a sweater... unless of course you prefer she BUYS one on the ship! LOL

In the summer I keep my a/c on 73 degrees and heat in the winter on 68. "Normal" room temperature is 72 and I live in the DC area where it can get very hot and humid as well as cold and snowy. So, I found every area onboard comfy.

Archived