I said no!!!!!!!!

cruzrgrl

I have been in the fight of my life, maybe I should say a fight for a HEALTHY life. I am on a long journey to lose at least 50 pounds, I would really like to lose 60-65 but I will settle for 50. I want to lose enough weight to go from an 18 to a size 12, anything smaller great but a 12 is what I started out as when I got married 21 years ago.

I am a sweet junkie. I love chocolate. After being stuck at a 7 pound weight loss for 10 days, I got on the scale yesterday and discovered that I had lost 2 pounds ( and I had cheated, I had a Reese's Cup the day before.) So needless to say I was excited. Last night hubby decided he wanted something sweet and couldn't decided what so he bought an assorted bag of snack size candy bars. Son ate one, no biggie, then hubby ate one and handed me a Baby Ruth, IT IS STILL SITTING ON MY NIGHT TABLE UNOPENED!!!!!!! I said no it is not worth the weight gain. I WANT to lose the weight. hubby says he loves me the way I am but I don't love me the way i am. I want a thinner, healtyier me so I said no. I don't deny myself if I WANT something but I am learning alot of control and will power. Now if I want the chocolate I will eat it but I will control how much I eat of it. I am afraid to tempt fate because I want to be healthy. My gift to myself is a brand new car if I lose all of the weight that I want to. As a matter of fact, the money that I would have orignially spent eating out or snacking is going into my car fund.

Sorry to ramble but I am proud of me.

Cali

Cali - I'm proud of your committment to having a healthier you! I'm a sweet junkie too and it was hard at first (and even now and then still) to pass on the sweets. I found some sugar free candies that taste great that would help me when DH and DS would start with the snacks.

Your DH may say that he likes you the way you are, and I'm sure he does!, but just think how proud he will be of you if you can shed a few pounds and add some years to your life!

This is a great board for motivation! These people have been one of the keys to my success!

Lynn

:) Way to stay strong! Keep up the good work. I completely understand where your coming from as I have a sweet tooth also. The best part about my WOE(Atkins), is that it has helped me to control my cravings for sweets. Never in my life have I had this happen before...it's wonderful! A month on Atkins now and I haven't had anything sweet!! :D

Have a great day!

~gina~:)

Cali-

You're doing a great job! Remember that it's the baby steps that count. I definitely understand the sweets addiction and still deal with it every day even though I cut out sugar and white flour 6 months ago.

If you really want some chocolate to keep on hand when the family is snacking there are some great sugar-free chocolates you can get now. Hersheys, Ross, Carbolite, Russell-Stover, and Pure Delight are the names of some good ones and you can even get sugar free reeces cups. They aren't really that many less calories than a regular chocolate bar, though many are smaller sized and less calories than a regular sized bar. However, I've found that I need a much smaller amount of chocolate to satisfy my cravings because you don't get the sugar boost and then crash. Do be warned though that they all contain Maltitol which is a laxative so if you go overboard you may pay the price.

Just remember to keep taking those baby steps and the weight will come off. I've lost 30 pounds in the last 6 months and gone from needing a 24 to wearing a 16. May and June were bad months for me with our cruise and family reunions but I've at least been able to maintain within 3 pounds and now that July is almost here I am starting back in ernest! I just keep telling myself that cute clothes are more fun than whatever junkfood is presenting itself at the moment.

Tami

Way to go, Cali!! We are all proud of you. The little steps to weight loss are the hardest to take and they mean the most. You will look nice and thin and healthy while you are driving that brand new car of yours!

Cali-that is great that you can say no. I just can't. I have a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips every evening after supper. Just a small sweet treat and I add the calories into my daily total. I wish I didn't love them so much, it would make dieting a lot easier. I think a car would be a great reward. Can't wait to hear more!

Angie

Cali, you have proven to yourself, that you can say no and mean it. That is really a big deal! I also like sweets, but need to keep them out of arms reach.

I have no doubt you'll reach your goal. Good luck to you, and keep us posted.

Mari

Archived