AOS Jr. Suite - Aft or Hump - Help me decide!

We currently have Jr. Suite 1694 booked on AOS, but there is a Jr. Suite on the hump (9618) available, and I'm wondering which you would chose? Here are my concerns/points of consideration:

1. Great views are of paramount importance to us. I'm noticing a lot of metal in the pictures of the aft balcony. How intrusive is the metal? Does it obstruct the view, or is it something that is barely noticeable?

2. I like bright staterooms. Are the aft staterooms dark to to the depth of the balcony? Will I feel like I'm in a cave (both in the room and on the balcony?)

3. Not concerned at all with the walk to the aft stateroom. Convenience to the elevators is not a big deal to us.

I'm incredibly torn, and really could use your input. We've never had an aft before, and I'm intrigued by the possibility.....I just don't know what to do! Help us decide. :D

I sailed on Adventure in February of 2005 and I had an aft cabin. Now that I think about it, I may have been in 1694.

I just checked Royal Caribbean's website and now I'm 99.9% sure I was in that room.

It was a good sized room and the balcony didn't make the room dark. You get a good view of everything. You don't have to worry about what side of the ship you want. The balcony was pretty big and so was the room.

Also, the aft views are amazing.

We were in 9618 the first week of May and LOVED it,views from bow to stern. Also the location is fantastic.

I don't care for the structure around the aft cabins...our friends had 9630. I love aft cabins but not on Voyager class.

the aft JS has a big balcony, but its completely covered, and then both walls side to side make it a bit cave like.

As much as I love aft cabins, I would choose hump. This same Aft JS was available on my next nav cruise and I turned it down for 9392 because I like more exposure to the sky and "light" on my balcony. ;)

We had GS 1324 on the hump for our AOS cruise this past January and we loved the location :) Having said that - we are now booked in JS 1694 for our next cruise on the AOS in March. I have heard so many amazing things about the aft, we just had to try it and see for ourselves what all the fuss is about ;)

Archived