Question...Any Perks on HAL for Past Carnival Curises??

Tom and Betty

Have a Question??? Does HAL give any perks for past Carnival Curises?? I know that RCL and Celebrity offer benifits.... Anyone know??

Thanks,

Tom

HAL does not give very much at all in the way of perks for past HAL cruisers so I sincerely doubt that they are going to give any for past Carnival cruisers.

If you are looking for perks then I suggest you try Princess - apparently they have lots of perks "and are under the Carnival umberella";) .

Valerie:cool:

It doesn't seem so. Despite Carnival owning Costa, HAL, Cunard, Princess and a host of other lines, membership in one line's frequent travel program means little in the others. Too bad. Looking back I see I did Carnival and HAL in the past and got two Cunard trips booked for 2006 and 2007. At least I am keeping it in the family.

It doesn't seem so. Despite Carnival owning Costa, HAL, Cunard, Princess and a host of other lines, membership in one line's frequent travel program means little in the others. Too bad. Looking back I see I did Carnival and HAL in the past and got two Cunard trips booked for 2006 and 2007. At least I am keeping it in the family.

You are correct there Bramcruiser - I just sort of misread the post. Indeed membership in one line's frequent travel program seems to mean little in others. I think that you get some sort of recoginition somewhere but not anything to get overexcited about.

I have three more HAL cruises booked for 2006 and 2007 so I'm keeping it in the family also.

Valerie:)

The only "perk" (if you can call it that) is that you qualify for mariner rates when booking the cabin. Since it's fairly common to be able to meet, or beat, those rates anyway that's not much of a "perk".

It does not qualify you for mariner status as far as going to the Mariner Party goes, though. You have to be on your second or subsequent HAL cruise to get the free drink and the good nuts. That's the "perk" we get on HAL.

I seriously doubt that one can add days from one line to the other. We have achieved Platinum status on Princess, and the most important perk is the priority boarding, not having to stand in the long lines. And the most important on board perk is the free internet. Well, maybe, the onboard internet is so slow, it takes about twenty minutes to check email.

But, we really like HAL just the way it is. With the smaller ships, the boarding process runs a lot smoother, and we have three HAL cruises booked this year, and are waiting to see if we can fit in one more Princess cruise.

I suppose our best cruise was our first one, where we fell in love with cruising. I've heard of people being "property poor" I wonder if it is possible to be "cruise poor", always broke because we spend our money cruising. :D

Does anyone know if you can add the number of days sail on carnival, to the days sailed on HAL?

Thanks,

Pat.

I know you're not supposed to. The Immigration form asks how many days on "HAL"---not "Carnival Family of Cruiselines".

However you "can" enter any number that suits your fancy and it's not verified against any records.

But what does one get by adding extra days? So you get a heavy metal medallion sooner than it's been earned? Is that really worth lying for? (Not you, but some people do.)

You still get the free drink and the good nuts! :D

Even though Princess, Carnival and HAL (and others) are all part of Carnival Corporation, there is no correlation or credit for cruises on one cruiseline towards the other.

For instance, someone who has cruised on Carnival would not be able to apply any Carnival cruises towards the Princess Captain's Circle program (5 completed cruises is Platinum which gives you a few perks plus free, unlimited internet; 15 completed cruises is Elite which gives you not just the internet but free ship's laundry services, bar set-ups and priority tender.)

Only days sailed on HAL ships are counted toward Mariners Days.

No days sailed on Princess, Carnival, Cunard, Costa, Windstar, or Seabourn count toward HAL days.

Mariners Society in Seattle has records of how many days each Mariner has sailed. It is safe to say that there may be a few mistakes seeing as there are 5 million Mariners. It seems inevitable some Mariners may find their records vary from Seattle's.....but I know they are very good about making corrections if that is requested by a Mariner.

Have a Question??? Does HAL give any perks for past Carnival Curises?? I know that RCL and Celebrity offer benifits.... Anyone know??

Thanks,

Tom

Hal doesn't offer any 'real' perks for past cruises on HAL (aside from a couple free drinks, pin/medallion, a tile and luggage tags).

Go and enjoy. HAL has a pretty good product, afterall.

Archived