Courtyard - Miami Beach

amberbailey

We just booked a room at the Courtyard on Miami Beach for a night post our cruise. Has anyone ever stayed there and if so, what did you think? We wanted something on the beach and from the reviews and pictures it looks pretty nice. Is the location good from the cruise port and what about getting to the Miami airport in the morning. Any ideas anyone has would be appreciated since we've never been to Miami before. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I see no one has answered your post, so I'll try to help. I have not stayed there, but am a local. This hotel is located very close to the street, on a busy street, I would ask for a room in the back of the hotel, not overlooking the street as I imagine it would be very noisy! Clubs etc. are open till all hours of the morning!

Taxis are readily available without waiting during most times. The Port of Miami is approx. a 10-15 min drive. The airport is approx 20-25 drive.

It's a short walk to the beach and there are lots of places to eat/drink/shop within walking distance.

SouthBeach is a very fun place, full of action and people watching.

Pennstategal

Thanks for answering me! We have a reservation that is cancellable up to the day before. Would you recommend another hotel that you think would be better. We just want to hang out on the beach for a day, but have three teenage daughters so want somewhere there is safe and fairly nice. We are willing to pay the money since it is only for one night but it's hard to know where to stay if you've never been there. I appreciate any help you can give me!

We just booked a room at the Courtyard on Miami Beach for a night post our cruise. Has anyone ever stayed there and if so, what did you think? We wanted something on the beach and from the reviews and pictures it looks pretty nice. Is the location good from the cruise port and what about getting to the Miami airport in the morning. Any ideas anyone has would be appreciated since we've never been to Miami before. Thanks!!

Did you book at the Courtyard by Marriott in Miami Beach or South Beach? Is your hotel on Collins Avenue or Washington Avenue? If Washington Avenue, PennStateGal gave you correct information, if Collins, you'll need different info.

The Courtyard in Miami Beach (not South Beach) is in an area that has very heavy traffic and you cannot walk anywhere.

The South Beach Courtyard is very very nice. You cannot hear the club music inside the hotel so I would not worry about room location.

Penn.,

Can you walk on the beach boardwalk from the Courtyard on Collins Avenue?

I booked this Hotel because I could get an Ocean view/front room. Isn't the Courtyard in South Beach actually a little ways off the beach?

Are you suggesting that the South Beach Courtyard would be a better location and overall choice? I used my Marriott points for a two day stay prior to my upcoming Feb. cruise. I want to stay on the beach if possible. I also plan to rent a car. Does that make a difference?

Thanks.

The Courtyard By Marriott on Collins is in Mid Beach and it is about a two mile walk to South Beach by the boardwalk. It is oceanfront.

The Courtyard by Marriott in South Beach is a couple of blocks off the beach but an excellent location and nicer hotel. The rooftop pool makes up for it not being oceanfront because the pool has an excellent view of the beach.

Also, not many hotels in South Beach are on the beach. Only the ones South of Fifth and north of 14th so being on the beach really isn't a big deal. Also, the beach is so wide above 14th that even if your hotel is oceanfront, it is hard to see the beach and it is a hike to get there.

In my opinion, I'd stay at the Courtyard By Marriott in South Beach before I'd stay in Mid Beach. Traffic is too heavy and you'll spend all your time in South Beach. It is also much closer to the port.

It's the one on Collins Ave and we booked an ocean view room. It says it is right on the beach, is that correct? So...is the one on Collins Ave close to the pier and airport?

It is the same distance from the airport (maybe a little closer) and a little further to the pier.

Archived