Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

On Seabourn's air, they wanted $3,000 coach for me RT to Barbados from Charlotte

That is obscene! The website has the Nov-Dec cruises on sale for less than the cost of the airfare?!? I'm considering the 12/02 voyage and DL gave me a quote of $387.50 including tax from ATL to/from Barbados.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the the December 2nd sailing. Nanagirl, we are booked on Delta on the 2nd from RSW-ATL-BGI. I think our flight from ATL leaves at 9:45 AM. We booked 1st class. It was cheaper than Seabourn's coach fare. JaneBP, looking forward trivia. I recall that we were on the same team on Legend in April.

Dave in Naples

Hey Dave !!! Take pity on the lowly masses and run some 'beverages:) ' to the cheap seats !!! Looking forward to meeting you, we'll see you in the airport in ATL. After I decide what i'll be wearing that day, i'll let you know so you can find DH and I. can't wait !!!

Linda

I keep checking Trip Advisor and this place just got a not so great review. I think it's pretty rustic. Well...I picked it for it's small size, being right on the ocean, and, let's face it.....my entire stay there will cost less than one night at the Hilton. I think I'll survive!

Jane :p

Note to Dec Pride cruisers. :)

I wll be posting a little on here during my Nov 18th cruise. I am going to try to answer any questions you all have for your cruise. Right now, I know I will be posting about the lifeboat drill time. So ask and I will try to post the answer. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thought since it's almost time for the final $$$, I would re-boot this Roll Call to the top to see if others have joined the party. I count at least 15 going; how nifty! For the second leg, 7 hardy sailors, determined to keep on partying. This is assuming that Blackbird leaves enough champagne for us.

Dave and Jane, Fred will be joining me for the first leg and he's looking forward to seeing you both again.

Jane (Thankfully back online at home!)

I'm looking forward to seeing you at P&Q.

West Coast Jane

P&Q :confused:

This is assuming that Blackbird leaves enough champagne for us.

I would really worry more about the Texas Pink Tornado that going to hit the Pride on the crossing before my cruise. rofl.gif

hi2.gif Jane,

You just gave me something to do going from the airport to the dock. And I thought I knew a little about Barbados. :rolleyes:

Off I went looking for information on Peach and Quiet, and I saw their walking tours. One of the tours brought up this small thing..

Sharpgun.jpg

The HARP supergun designed by Gerald Bull who was later assassinated in March 1990.

Will check it out on my way to the dock.. :D

A little about Bull and the Harp project http://www.phy6.org/stargaze/Smartlet.htm

It looks like a giant cigarette holder!

Jane :D

anim_smoke.gif

OK question time, my final payment is in, how far in advance will I receive any docs. I thought I read someplace Seabourn sends out pre-cruise docs and then final docs closer to sailing. Is this the case??

Blackbird, I don't know how far in advance, but they told me that we would get some docs (?) ahead of time, and then final docs 30 days before we board.

Thanks for the info on the walking tours from the P&Q, we're staying there and will probably take a walking tour. Looks interesting.:cool:

Blackbird, Nanagirl is correct. Soon after final payment Seabourn sends out to your TA (or directly to you if you booked direct w/Seabourn) the preliminary documentaiton booklet which contains your itinerary, offers for auxilliary services (luggage service, cell phone rental, private jet service to your Seabourn Yacht [too rich for my wallet!]) and detailed shore excursion information and descriptions of tours, pricing and cancellation policy.

Then about 30 days before embarkation the final documents are sent out the same way. This includes all tickets, luggage tags, communications with the ship information, vouchers for pre and / or post cruise hotel stays or transfers booked directly with Seabourn and embarkation information that tells you when and where to embark on your Yacht. Do NOT be late or miss the emergency procedures (lifeboat) drill or you risk a firmly worded letter from the Captain! :eek: Blackbird, SantaAna,CA and Cape Brenton Gal would NEVER do that! :D :D

Everyone have a wonderful December Caribbean sojourn! :)

...let me know, since your Caribbean cruise leaves at 11pm also, when Seabourn wants you aboard for the life boat drill, will ya? When I emailed them and asked, they said 8pm, but...?? Are you planning on posting to CC from onboard?

I would be mortified to get a stern letter from the captain...or keel hauled or something.

:eek:

I was nosing around the SB site today, and of course looking over our cruise info. Pulled up the "Excursions" page for 12-2/12-9, and there's a bunch of excursions listed for Bridgetown. Guess SB is offering these for those who get to the ship in the early afternoon, although "times" aren't listed...

Or would they be listed only for those in the middle of a back-to-back? :confused: Hmmm. Guess we'll have to wait to see what pre-cruise docs say....

Paul

Inquiring minds want to know...

.or keel hauled

:eek:

Shiiiiiit and I will not be there to take pictures. silly.gif

DisneyJen and SantaAna,CA

Yes I plan to post some from the ship. I have a journal and in it are two questions now. The First was the time of the lifeboat drill and Gail wants to know about St. Vincent.

List any questions and I will try to answer them....

But one word of warning, I may have the current Captain and the Dec cruises may have Captain G-A. So my lifeboat drill may be a little different than the later cruises.

I have been away from this board for the last 3 months. I have been "catching up" with all the posts and am looking forward to meeting all of you! Part of my reason for staying away from the boards is my MIL has been diagnosed with metastatic esophageal cancer and I didn't think we would be able to go on this cruise. However, she is stable and likely to remain so for the next few months so I feel like I can really start looking forward to this trip (fingers crossed)! We are staying at the new Hilton so will meet all of you on board AND in time for the lifeboat drill.

This cruise is to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Our 2 previous cruises were on Celebrity with the kids. This will be our first cruise alone!!

We are leaving on Friday to take our eldest daughter to university. What a bittersweet time! I'm so happy for her and all the wonderful adventures she will have but am feeling sad for myself! I keep telling myself that this is the whole point of raising a family- to let then go!!! ...until she calls looking for money!!!! Anyway, I know I'm rambling so I will stop for now and will catch up next week,

Gail

Archived