Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

Jane,

I think we should take some "Holiday Velveeta Chocolate Fudge" aboard the Pride~~~it was such a huge hit last year, perhaps we should treat the Crew (or a few of 'em) to homemade Christmas candy!

As I board on Dec. 16th, I am seriously thinking of taking "a batch." I'll exchange fudge for Mojito's~~~sure hope Nelson will be bartending.

MB

woohoo.gifanim_bounce.gif

This is Jane at work today...thanks to Blackbird.

;)

Truly Dancin' Jane,

I see Blackbird has shared his :cool: emoticons with you. The "WooHoo" is the best one so far and the "Group Hug" is number two in my book. The rest of them are pretty slick though. :)

Right now my spreadsheet shows :)

Margarita Island $89 Natural Wonders of Margarita

Grenada $49 The Exotic Island

St Lucia $89 St Lucia by Land and Sea

St Vincent $115 St Vincent 3 Ways

:( with no flight to Angel Falls I am going with the Natural Wonders...

And if they show a movie on deck, this will be BB popcorn.gif

Blackbird is not a Sandy Beach person and not a Sun Bunny. I like swimming in pools and have Scuba dived but I will not beach it other than the Fish Eggs in the Surf day. :)

:D

Right now my spreadsheet shows :)

St Lucia $89 St Lucia by Land and Sea

Hi, Blackie we are all getting so excited about you going on your cruise on 18 November (and us going on ours on 2nd December:) ).

We have done the "St Lucia by Land and Sea" on a previous cruise and it is really excellent - you will enjoy. St Lucia is a really beautiful island, the botanical gardens are wonderful and it includes a catamaran trip!

I wonder if you might include in your reports from the Pride information on how many formal nights there are during your week in the Caribbean.

Thank you very much.

We will be following your adventures very closely!

Best wishes

Sue and Ralph

Sue,

As to formal nights, there will be two. (per week) The Captain's Welcome and then, the Captain's Farewell. I've found that in the Caribbean the dress code is slightly less formal in the evenings.

I don't know who the Cruise Director will be in Nov. or Dec. 2nd & 9th, but I suspect one evening there will be a Deck Barbeque, under the stars. (take a couple of fun Islands leis)

Blackie,

Have you heard of the fabulous "Friday night,Oistins Fish Fry"?? It's a NOT to be missed category! In the village of Oistins....this is truly an event, it's close to St. Lawrence Gap. Fish shacks are all along the water. Grab a bottle of Banks beer, and enjoy grilled tuna, snapper, marlin, swordfish, sometimes flying fish, eat at a picnic table! Work off the calories dancin' to calypso and reggae music! (dinner is inexpensive)

The "fry" is always on Friday nights, so you might want to join the Bajans on Nov. 17th~~~~it's alot of fun.....we're going on Dec. 15th

Martita

'And if they show a movie on deck, this will be BB popcorn.gif'

The movie on deck sounds like fun. I grew up swimming at the Jersey shore, so I don't like pools. I used to dive, may again some day. My DH has trouble with a mask as he has a beard...:(

Also, thanks for the emoticons...our family uses WooHoo frequently, so I sent my grandson your woohoo, we test each others computer skills. I'm still in the lead, but not for long.

The Friday fish fry sounds great....we can't get decent fish where we live (rural Georgia, but not for long I hope).:)

Hey great idea about the fish fry. Anyone on the Dec. 2-9 cruise, staying at Peach and Quiet (or anywhere on the island) want to go there for dinner Friday, Dec. 1st?

On my cruise documents, the port on Sunday Dec. 3 has no designation "D" (dock) or "A" (anchor). Is that the day the ship's marina will be used? Anyone know if they have tenders that you can use to get to shore? Blackbird, sorry to burden you with requests, if you think about it, could you let us know?

Jane :)

who is planning on diving that day *what a surprise*

maybe I can just jump off the back of the ship.....

Blackbird, sorry to burden you with requests....any chance you could let us know?

Jane :)

who is planning on diving that day *what a surprise*

LOL BB will add that to his list of chores... :D:D But BB is thinking Jane could BACKSTROKE.jpgbackstroke it to shore......

Hey great idea about the fish fry. Anyone on the Dec. 2-9 cruise, staying at Peach and Quiet (or anywhere on the island) want to go there for dinner Friday, Dec. 1st?

Sure, we'd love to have company. We can do details at the P&Q. The more the merrier :D !!

Linda

quote]

Hello, Jane!

East coast Jane and her partner and Ralph and I (who are staying at Peach and Quiet) are planning to go to the fish fry on Friday, Dec 1st. We would love to have you join us!:)

Looking forward very much to meeting you!

Sue

That's great, thank you; I look forward to Fish Fry Friday! Sounds like fun!

Jane ;)

Hi Kids!

From the HAL Westerdam, between Grand Turk & Tortola:

I just might be showing up for the fish fry, too! I'll look you! Don't know how much dancin' I'll be doing, but it sounds like a party to me!

Paul

who never met a party he didn't like! :D

Blackbird is confused anim_whacko.gif

I started checking on Jane's question and got confused. OK in my shore excursion book it shows Sun at Charlotteville, Tabago but in my final docs it shows Charlotteville Trinidad. While my final docs are like Janes and do not show an "A" or "D" the show excursion book does show an "A" and a Marina Day.

Ok more confusion factors. If you go to the shore excursion book you see no excursion for Charlotteville. But if you go online and go to the shore excursion for this intinerary you see "HIKE TO ARGYLE WATERFALL", GLASSBOTTOM BOAT TO SPEYSIDE [Charlotteville, Tobago] and TOBAGO SEA KAYAKING [Charlotteville, Tobago]. But online there are no excursions for Margarita Island but many in the shore excursion book...

I am sure the good Captain will find the right island but I will have to check onboard for any shore excursions for Charlotteville.

A 'lit Trivia as to Barbados: The national flower is: "The PRIDE

of Barbados!" It's a small yellow and red flower, "Poinciana."

I'm thinking of trekking to the open-air market in downtown Bridgetown and buying a bouquet to take aboard the Pride!

Also, for those of you that would enjoy re-capturing your youth go shopping at "Woolworth", downtown Bridgetown~~~ Broad St. is a great street for shopping~~~

Many of you know, my "Mr. Monk." (Monk and his family, Sal Gal,

Miss Snow and baby Pinky always cruise behind the Sky Bar amongst the liquors) Monk's home is Bridgetown as he's a Barbadian Grey. The "Monkey's" all have their "cruise wardrobes" and it's quite funny when the Crew invite them to their Crew parties~~~

I suppose they drink Banana Daiquiri's!

Have fun! Sail on~!~!~

Martita

BB-Just a reality check--Seabourn's not perfect despite what some of the posters on this board may say. They do screw up, sometimes seriously. But they are still one of the best crusielines around and you should have a great time. There is a serious disconnect between the home office and the onboard experience--some of the landside administrative work, such as the preparation of pre-cruise docs, is actually contracted out. So your best bet on excursions is to wait until you board and then see what is available. Sometimes they have things that weren't in the pre-cruise docs or online. You just never know. Speak up if something is seriously wrong but otherwise, go with the flow and have fun.

There is a serious disconnect between the home office and the onboard experience--some of the landside administrative work, such as the preparation of pre-cruise docs, is actually contracted out.

The only real downside I have seen with Seabourn and hopefully the two new ships will press them into the 21th century, is their Web site. On both RSSC/Silverseas (comparing somewhat like brands) I could pre-book my shore excursions and have the tickets waiting for me in my suite. One really nice feature to RSSC site is on their intinerary page for each port they list the dress code for that nights dinner.

Having said that, Silverseas has a great brochure, and good home office people trying to do the right thing*, but my short cruise was the pits. IMHO the ship board experience is what I am really paying my money for.

* This past winter, the Silver Whisper in the Caribbean did not stock the suites with beer/booze until she started her transatlantic (per my and other CCers writeups) One CCer told the story that he had order a brand of beer for his suite. Silversea's home office called his TA and told them they did not have the beer but faxed them a list of 10 beers they carried. They got with their client and gave him the list and he picked another beer. The TA got back to Silverseas with his selection. All is well he thought until he got to his suite and there was NO beer in it and he stated he had problems all week with getting any beer in his suite.

Okay I'm confused too, because you're right about the port info on our docs. Aren't Trinidad and Tobago right next to each other? I tell you what, I'll wait to see where the Pride goes on your sailing and plan accordingly! Thanks for the dive link...I will check it out.

Jane :rolleyes:

Don't know if this will help anyone staying at the Hilton;

Double HHonors Points in the Caribbean, Central America

>"Through December 31, HHonors members will earn double base points, plus one day of complimentary Internet access, when staying at participating Hiltons in the Caribbean and Central America.

Registration is required."

Archived