Best way to go from Vancouver to Seattle

What is the best way to get from Vancouver to Seattle? Is there a shuttle service at all? What about car rental - any restrictions on renting a car in Canada and dropping off in the US? Do I need a special license or permit to drive in Canada? Thank YouTony

Yes there is a shuttel bus form the dock to SEA it is called Quick Shuttle and the cost is about $49. CA one way.

I have used this service many times as we often fly out of SEA to save $$$ and the Quick Shuttle is the best & most economical method of getting from Vancouver to SEA.

604-940-4428

Yes they have a web site but sorry don't know address

Second the recommendation.. There is train service but it involves schlepping luggage in a cab to the train, then a cab to the port etc... i.e. way more trouble on vacation to save "maybe" a few bucks.. The shuttle is reliable, comfortable...

Yes there is a shuttel bus form the dock to SEA it is called Quick Shuttle and the cost is about $49. CA one way.

I have used this service many times as we often fly out of SEA to save $$$ and the Quick Shuttle is the best & most economical method of getting from Vancouver to SEA.

604-940-4428

Yes they have a web site but sorry don't know address

i saved a ton of money by using it from seattle to vancouver and back again to the seattle airport the next day after the cruise. they pick up and drop off at 2 locations in seattle--the airport and one of the hotels near the needle. it was a very comfortable bus and very clean. it took no time at all to get too the hotel downtown vancouver we had choosen. they do not recommend you book a flight out of seattle before close to 3 the same day to fly out if you use them from the vancouver dock though. you might get caught up in traffic and they do make stops along the way for other riders. but i would use them again anytime. make sure you have your confirmation number with you when you board. they do require that. if you go to their web site and pretend you are going to book a ride you can drop down a list of hotels where they drop passengers off at in vancouver . there are alot of them. have a great time.

I second the nice trip on quickshuttle but must comment. We took it on an 11:15 departure from Holiday Inn, due in Sea-Tac about 4:30. The guy in front of us had a 5:15 flight, and we had a 7:30 flight. Hung up at the border as well as the stop at the space needle, and were almost 2 hrs. late. Should never have happened, especially since the place says there are NO stops for food, etc. Driver stopped for 10 minutes near the border, which turned into a half hour. Then the border delay, which he warned us about.

Bottom line - make sure you have a late flight. Better to wait around once you get to airport than to sweat it on the bus! (we saved about $150/ each not flying out of Vancouver, and still got home at - or earlier- than if we'd gone from Vancouver! I thought it was worth the hassle!!)

what run of bad luck. we stayed the night in vancouver before the cruise and spent a few days in seattle after the cruise. the only nightmare i have is missing the ship or my flights. i do everything i can to not let that keep me awake at night. i dont like the vancouver airport because of all the lines, check points and customs. the shuttle is a great way to get to and from vancouver if you give yourself enough time. :) i

Archived