Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

The messages that you are trying to convey would be received better if your posts were easier to read.

It's difficult to read your posts because the sentences all run together.

In any case, no offense was intended.

D.

Oh really?

This thread seems to have gotten into critical mode. Let's get back to the topic and tell some great secrets.

Linda

I totally agree some people seem to be using this board just to snipe at one another.

Please stop there is some really good info on this board, it would be a shame to have it pulled.

Don't know if this was mentioned here before...lots of posts. Soooo, I am going to say it again if it was.

When in the dining room, if you don't care for any of the deserts (and I can't imagine not liking something) you can order deserts from the kids menus.

I wanted a banana split one night and that is only on the kids menus. No problem, in fact, they asked if I wanted 2 of them. Had a "split" and chocolate melting cake that night. :D :eek:

OH!!! they have secrets...Don't think that the excursions they offer are theirs, because they are not. They only sell them. Don't think it is any safer taking one of their excursions...They don't research crap in ragards to their safety...You can get them cheaper off the boat.

When in the dining room, if you don't care for any of the deserts (and I can't imagine not liking something) you can order deserts from the kids menus.

I wanted a banana split one night and that is only on the kids menus. :D :eek:

I too have ordered banana splits. However, on our last cruise I waited until the

6th night to order it. They had run out of bananas. If you want one, don't wait too long.

I Don't know if this has been mentioned here or not but if you wait to purchase your soda card until after the ship has sailed into international waters, you will avoid paying the sales tax on that purchase.:D

wow I have never heard of this one!!! Thanks..

DON'T BLOW THE WHISTLE ON THE LIFE JACKET!!!

I can't believe how many people blow on that thing. I have never seen a crew mwmber replacing them or sanitizing them after muster either. If you think of it, chances are someone else has too.

That is a good tip about the soda card. I never would have thought to wait if I wanted to get one.

I just read this entire thread over the past few days myself so the link to the compilation list of EVERYTHING on this thread was somewhat easy to find on my browsing history. Here is the link. Great tips everyone! Any new tips (as some of these may be outdated)?

http://home.comcast.net/~dr.crash/HomePage.html

Wow!! Thank you sooooooooo much for doing this!! You just saved this 'newbie' a lot of time. Again thank you sooooooooo much!!!!! :p

Cappucinos are free after supper on the Legend.

I know it is not a "secret" but if you have an early flight self-debarkation is an easy route. We showed up at 7:30a and there was a big line. We were thinking oh no. At 8a the ship was cleared and we were off in 20 min. By 8:30 we were on the bus and 8:50 waiting to check our bags at the aiport. It was really easy. If we had waited despite the fact that we had notified Carnival through our agent, on our Fun Pass documents, and had spoken to the purser's desk we were slated to debark in area 15 of 19. I think that would have made an 11:40 flight difficult. (PS The airline moved our flight time up).

My daughter loved the Enchanted Forest a tunnel that went nowhere as a quiet place to hang with her friends.

Walkie Talkies do not work up in Club O2. The music is too loud for the kids to hear them.

If you cannot get a spot by the pool on the Legend there are a few decks above the Golden Fleece with plenty of chairs for sunning. No water though. Very windy...... That keeps you cooler though. There is an over 21 only deck on top there too. It is marked and had a gate to go through.

I agree with other posters if you are a Pepsi family fan, bring your own. I have purchased Pepsi products in the Caymans and Cozumel to add to my stash. Otherwise ice tea is free on the Lido deck.

On the Legend I was concerned with the diagrams that we would have a lot of atrium noice. It is all blocked off with either walls or window. Noise was NO problem.

One last note, if you are going to choose a room not a class guarantee with a balcony you may want to figure out the path of your ship to figure out the best views. Generally the upper decks are better for photos so you can shoot off both sides. :D

Don't know if this was mentioned here before...lots of posts. Soooo, I am going to say it again if it was.

I wanted a banana split one night and that is only on the kids menus. No problem, in fact, they asked if I wanted 2 of them. Had a "split" and chocolate melting cake that night. :D :eek:

NICE! I love banana splits. Thanks for letting all of us know. I'm indulging the first night! :D

also, the best kept secret i found out about...call them (Carnival) when prices drop and get a credit. we got a whopping onboard credit!!

Can someone tell me if this applies to cruises booked through travel agents? If so, seeing as the pricing is different than carnival's website...how would I know if the price decreased? I have my wedding booked on the Fantasy. I personally paid for a total of 12 cabins for the immediate family members so this would greatly help me out.

Can someone tell me if this applies to cruises booked through travel agents? If so, seeing as the pricing is different than carnival's website...how would I know if the price decreased? I have my wedding booked on the Fantasy. I personally paid for a total of 12 cabins for the immediate family members so this would greatly help me out.

Anybody?? Somebody?? Everybody?? :confused:

In short, yes.

When we were married on the Glory we had 10 cabins booked as a group through a TA. The only catch is that if you got a lower group rate when you booked, you have to get your TA to check with the group dept. @ Carnival. If the current group rate is lower than when you booked, then you qualify for either a price reduction or an OBC depending on whether or not final payment has been made. Good luck, I know how your situation feels.:o

In short, yes.

When we were married on the Glory we had 10 cabins booked as a group through a TA. The only catch is that if you got a lower group rate when you booked, you have to get your TA to check with the group dept. @ Carnival. If the current group rate is lower than when you booked, then you qualify for either a price reduction or an OBC depending on whether or not final payment has been made. Good luck, I know how your situation feels.:o

So either way...since I've paid all cabins in full there is nothing I could do?

So either way...since I've paid all cabins in full there is nothing I could do?

No, sorry for the confusion. If final payment has been made and the group rate is lower you can get an OBC (on board credit) for each cabin that is lower. If you want the credit for yourself make sure your TA tells Carnival to apply the credits to your cabin.

I Don't know if this has been mentioned here or not but if you wait to purchase your soda card until after the ship has sailed into international waters, you will avoid paying the sales tax on that purchase.:D

I didn't know this...thank you so much for this tip! Every little bit helps.

No, sorry for the confusion. If final payment has been made and the group rate is lower you can get an OBC (on board credit) for each cabin that is lower. If you want the credit for yourself make sure your TA tells Carnival to apply the credits to your cabin.

Thanks so much! So glad I've read this thread!

Archived