Adult-only Cruises

Not on RCI. This has been suggested many times, but nothing has happened. RCI continues to market itself as a family oriented cruise line. I think they are afraid of losing any revenue. Those people that would prefer an adults only cruise do the next best thing and sail when school is in session and there are few children on board. A few years ago they had a few adults only cruises on Celebrity but it seems that the idea was dropped.

Not on RCI. This has been suggested many times, but nothing has happened. RCI continues to market itself as a family oriented cruise line.

RCI really should consider it since we already have Disney cruises and Carnival cruises which are targeted at familes with children.

Not on RCI. This has been suggested many times, but nothing has happened. RCI continues to market itself as a family oriented cruise line. I think they are afraid of losing any revenue. Those people that would prefer an adults only cruise do the next best thing and sail when school is in session and there are few children on board. A few years ago they had a few adults only cruises on Celebrity but it seems that the idea was dropped.

Except, that now people are taking their kids out of school to go on a cruise. So, it is still hit or miss.

Except, that now people are taking their kids out of school to go on a cruise. So, it is still hit or miss.

The other option is to book longer cruises that tend to be more expensive which precludes many families with children from booking and also would mean taking the kids out of school for a longer time.

RCI really should consider it since we already have Disney cruises and Carnival cruises which are targeted at familes with children.

So what you are saying is that RCI should let Disney and Carnival have the family vacation dollar? Yeah that would go over well at the stock holders meetings. :eek:

Not to say that I don't agree that there could be special adult only cruises on RCI. But this family won't be cruising on Disney again and probably never on Carnival.

crusinmama06 - - - - - why are you saying this, "But this family won't be cruising on Disney again and probably never on Carnival". The reason I ask is that we're booked for our 1st cruise on Carnival.

crusinmama06 - - - - - why are you saying this, "But this family won't be cruising on Disney again and probably never on Carnival". The reason I ask is that we're booked for our 1st cruise on Carnival.

Just a personal preference....nothing against those other cruiselines, especially since I've never stepped foot onboard a carnival ship before.

We just had 2 wonderful cruises on RCCL, followed by 2 "ok" cruises on NCL and Disney. So we just decided to stay with what we love. So at this point, we are RCI loyal. Or as the old saying goes "If it aint broke, don't fix it." ;)

The last adult only cruise line that I can remember was Renaissance. They specialized in non smoking, adult only ( I believe the age to be aboard was 18), and it worked so well that they went into bankruptcty.

They were a great line...........their ships now being used by Oceania and Princess.

Rick

So what you are saying is that RCI should let Disney and Carnival have the family vacation dollar? Yeah that would go over well at the stock holders meetings. :eek:

Not to say that I don't agree that there could be special adult only cruises on RCI. But this family won't be cruising on Disney again and probably never on Carnival.

Nah...I'd just be happy if there could be restricted adult-only floors of the ship that is ENFORCED. Although I do think it would be smart for RCI to offer adult-only cruises ever now and again. I betcha they'd still have a full ship without all the kiddies running around. And some of us would enjoy ourselves much more. ;)

There are adult only cruises, you just have to look a little harder & they're probably going to be charter cruises.

My cruise this October on the Serenade is an adults only cruise - chartered by Atlantis Events. Actually that's all I've been on (adult & chartered).

I think if there is an "adult only" cruise there should also be a "family only" cruise.....or maybe a "50 and under" cruise.....what will be next?

If you don't like kids on your vacation-try Crystal Cruises or possibly Sandals resorts- no kids!

Just came off June 2 explorer- in grand suite----thought there would be few kids since we didnt feel too many parents would take kids out of school just before finals---that was true....Unfortunetely, some of the few on board were the reason to go on an adults only cruise. Parents and kids had side by side interior cabins across from us- the kids( probably 8 and 12) thought it would be so much fun to wait til adults had gone to bed---(2am) and ring the doorbells non stop until they heard movement.....thought of telling parents but didnt want to ruin their vacation so I very sweetly told the kids what would happen if they woke us up again( was traveling with my husband and 80 yr old Mom)...didnt happen again.

ALso have been on CArnival---- they dont call it the funship for nothing--much more(LOUD/driinking) partying and young adults than families....was fun---but I was 25 at the time- would not go again now.

I think if there is an "adult only" cruise there should also be a "family only" cruise.....or maybe a "50 and under" cruise.....what will be next?

If you don't like kids on your vacation-try Crystal Cruises or possibly Sandals resorts- no kids!

Having a "family only" cruise wouldn't bother me...I just wouldn't go. Having a "50 and under" cruise sounds like discrimination to me.

Actually, it isn't so much that I don't like the kids - it's the parents that let the kids loose to run wild that annoys me. If the kids weren't raised right, then they just don't know any better way to behave. Isn't necessarily the kids fault.

adults only would be the same form of discrimination- check the law books-

I disagree. Limiting passengers on a cruise due to a person's AGE would be age discrimination. But having an adults only cruise would be WHAT form of discrimination? Do tell.

crusinmama06 - - - Thanks for explaining ; who knows ? Maybe our next (our 2nd) cruise will be with RCCL. Ever since I booked our cruise I've been here and other places gathering information, trying to get ideas on what to expect. It seems like there are unhappy passengers with every cruise line. They say, "you can't always believe what you read." What the Heck - - we're gonna make the best of it with an attitude "nothings perfect".

I thought celebrity did one or two a year? Maybe I'm wrong. :confused:

speaking of age discrimination, I was putting an ad in the news paper for "apartment for rent" I told them to put adult only and the operator told me they could not publish that because of age discrimination. What? an apartment? I had to tell the callers that it was adult only. I was hoping to thin the volume of calls..................couldnt do it..

Archived