Adult-only Cruises

Sorry I was not going to get involved in this but......

I went on my first cruise last Easter..

Through the meet and mingle several kids from respective familes met up, as did the adults, both our siblings and ourselves had a great time.

To answer a few above posts ,tolerance is the key.

Regards discrimination, we were unfortunate to be put on a table with some people who were rude to our black assistant waiter, and made it known they did'nt want to be served by him.

Thats discrimination..... the guy was great.

Right. I am on a RCL forum. A forum for a cruise line that markets to families. Are you saying I am out of line for commenting on a topic that has no merit because RCL does not have adult only cruises?

But, but you are on a thread about adult only cruises criticizing those that preferred them:confused:.

Just off Sovereign and back again in 6 weeks. Really crowded, lots of kids, drunk teens and 20 somethings. 2700 pax in 77,000 GRT and I really felt it.

Get a day pass in Nassau (hate it there myself) at Sandals Royal Bahamian and enjoy the beach, pool and adult only atmosphere for the day. We head straight there every time we pull in.

Sorry but those short cruises are pretty party hearty.

BTW, the Jetski tour on CoCoCay is a blast if you are into that. Have fun!

UGH thanks for the warning. Well we will stay in our room (JS) and at least we will have Diamond after getting off the ship. I will let you know how it is....:( when we get back.

But, but you are on a thread about adult only cruises criticizing those that preferred them:confused:.

Can I just mention that caviargal, you are on every thread talking about bringing kids on a cruise. And you also criticize families on the family board. People in glass houses, huh?

UGH thanks for the warning. Well we will stay in our room (JS) and at least we will have Diamond after getting off the ship. I will let you know how it is....:( when we get back.

We had a JS as well.

Check out the Rosario Strings if they are on board. They played in Centrum several times during the cruise.

Boleros is kind of nice and the Viking Crown is small and intimate with an acoustic guitarist.

No, I/m defending myself and others who cruise on RCL with kids because it is a family cruiseline. Not an adults only cruise line. I/m not criticizing anyone.

It does not make sense. If there was a forum for Adult Only All Inclusive, would you go on that board and complain how they dont allow families? No. It does not make sense. What are people trying to accomplish? This is a subject that has been run through a million times. And guess what? There are still not any Adult Only Cruises on RCL. But people come back and bash kids and families. Why?

No, I/m defending myself and others who cruise on RCL with kids because it is a family cruiseline. Not an adults only cruise line. I/m not criticizing anyone.

It does not make sense. If there was a forum for Adult Only All Inclusive, would you go on that board and complain how they dont allow families? No. It does not make sense. What are people trying to accomplish? This is a subject that has been run through a million times. And guess what? There are still not any Adult Only Cruises on RCL. But people come back and bash kids and families. Why?

That is my point; this board is for RCI cruisers, not just RCI families, and there are many subjects covered on various threads. I do not go to the threads that discuss kids activites and such and talk about family stuff because I have no interest in it. Why is it so objectionable that some RCI fans would love for them offer a few adult only cruises a year? That is the purpose of this thread.

It is not Disney and it is only over the past few years that there have been these issues.

Why do people put so much thought into complaining about vacation? If you don't like cruising with kids or are offended with what other people are wearing in the dining room then maybe cruising isn't for you. Find a vacation that makes you happy and go for it. I make the best of any type of vacation I choose. I don't want to spend my time being frustrated with the people around me. Enjoy whatever you choose.

Here's an idea......If you don't like RCI because it is a family cruise line (which it is , watch the commercials..the rock climbing wall and new surfing pool isn't meant for your age group)...then cruise another line.....it's like going to Disney and saying you hate having kids there!

Also the one whose name is luvsrccl...should change it!

That is my point; this board is for RCI cruisers, not just RCI families, and there are many subjects covered on various threads. I do not go to the threads that discuss kids activites and such and talk about family stuff because I have no interest in it. Why is it so objectionable that some RCI fans would love for them offer a few adult only cruises a year? That is the purpose of this thread.

It is not Disney and it is only over the past few years that there have been these issues.

It is not objectionable if that is what it was. This is how I see it, and if I/m wrong, tell me I/m wrong. I/m an adult, I can take it.:D There are 2 types of posts on this subject...

1. I wish RCL did Adult Only Cruises. That would be nice.

Then you have.

2. I wish RCL did Adult Only Cruises. The should not allow that many kids on the ship. Those kids ruin my vacation. We adults deserve the piece and quiet because its our vacation and we paid for it.

I post in response to post number 2 because nowhere in the brochure does it say come sail with us for piece and quiet.

As a post script... I have cruised twice before. Both times without children. One of those time I did not have any yet myself. I did not notice the children, I did not notice the chair hogs, I did not notice what people wore in the dinning room. How do others let these types of things ruin their vacation? Some of the things we see adults do can top by 1000 anything a kid can do. But that seems to be ok or atleast more tolerated because it was an adult.

My girls are 5 and 6. I will keep them in line and they will be respectful of the people around them... but I can asure you they will have a good time and some adults will be pissed just because they are there, and thats sad.:(

Nice:D

I am a TA, she was asking for a recommendation.

I was not on a thread looking for feedback potty training and offering commentary on something I know nothing about:rolleyes:.

I was on Granduer when there were over 900 kids and teens onboard, over 30% of the capacity. The problems were so out of control and the complaints so serious, the Purser put up a sign saying that they would take no more complaints, that the parents had all been notified and that it was their job to handle the issues.

The things you point out that do not bother you do you bother others. It does not make you right and them wrong. Different strokes...

The problems were serious enough on Princess that they implemented a Youth Security squad because of complaints. They still attract families but apparently the more serious issues are under control.

RCI will likely continue to push away those looking for a more adult experience and it is apparent they are willing to do that.

Here's an idea......If you don't like RCI because it is a family cruise line (which it is , watch the commercials..the rock climbing wall and new surfing pool isn't meant for your age group)...then cruise another line.....

Isn't meant for my age group? Huh? I am 28 years old and very much enjoy the rock climbing wall and plan to use the surf simulator when I go on the Freedom in September. Exactly what age group do you think it is meant for???

KrazyKritter, I agree with your post! We are going on our 2nd cruise as a family (wouldn't travel w/o my kids.) and we paid for them to go. Now they will be taking part in AO clubs designed for their ages and when they are not in there, they will be w/ us. I will not let my kids roam freely on the boat, too many weirdos. I also teach my kids to respect people, but for the poster that didn't want to ruin the parents vaction when their kids were ringing their doorbell in the middle of the night, I would have rather you woke me up to let me know. I bet'cha I would and could have solved that problem in a heartbeat. If the cruise line wants to do a adults only, then I say go for it. I would just not buy a ticket. But do not knock families that paid money just like adults did for their kids to go and have a nice vacation.

fine

but it is still discrimination, however you look at it

We were on the Disney cruise. They had a whole deck devoted to adults only. Adults only comedy club. Adults only country western bar. Adults only restaurant. Adults only pool. Does Disney discriminate? Wow, I didn't realize I should have been INSULTED that THEY DARE tell me that I couldn't bring my kids ANYWHERE I DANG WELL PLEASED. After all, I paid for my kids to cruise. Where do they get off discriminating against these paying customers because of their age? Is there a lawyer in the house?

I will never understand why anyone would be insulted by the mere suggestion that there be places that are off limits to their darling little progeny. I cruise with my kids but it makes no difference to me if a group of adults would like to book an adults only cruise. Just exactly HOW does this hurt me or mine or for that matter affect me one iota?!

Man, don't any of you Moms and Dads remember when you were single or newlyweds or looking for a quiet special place for your honeymoon or anniversary? Wanting an adults only experience does not make one a child hater, NOR is an adults only venue discriminatory.

There are still not any Adult Only Cruises on RCL. But people come back and bash kids and families. Why?

The thread topic was simply a question of whether or not RCL offers adult only cruise.

And I've seen no bashing of kids or families - as a matter of fact, every person who posted is a member of a family. There has been some disdain shown for parents who refuse to parent their children while on vacation. Which should offend us ALL.

Keep the flame wars down. 2 weeks ago I started a similar thread and someone reported it. The thread got deleted.

Some of us want the 'option' of choosing to go on a adult only cruise without having to pay 2-3times more like the other cruiselines.

RCI makes a ton of money off families. They would lose a lot of revenue if they cut out kids and they know it. Their kids program is one of the best out there. They market to families and that's not going to change.

But would they loose revenue if they offered 1 or two adult only cruises a year? Of course it would be ridiculous to even think of Royal cutting out kids. I would like to see just 1 or 2 adult only cruises offered, say, around the holidays? I really think they could sale it, but are afraid to try. :confused: I would book an adult only holiday cruise in a heart beat!:D

I would love an adult only cruise, but then the logistics might be hard to plan. How do you pick the continent and route and please all?? Maybe have more than one a year.

I've learned "no cruises during holiday times, or school breaks, and then the kid population onboard isn't too bad. The more expensive the cruise, the less kids too. But I am not willing to pay big bucks to be kid free.

RCCL are you listening?

Right. I am on a RCL forum. A forum for a cruise line that markets to families. Are you saying I am out of line for commenting on a topic that has no merit? RCL does not have adult only cruises.

Um, isn't that the topic of this thread? That RCI does not have adult only cruises and there are many of us who would like them to do so from time to time. So how exactly does asking if others would also like adults only cruises and wondering how we can convince RCI to have some have no merit?

(BTW, while RCI markets to families, they also market to honeymooners, couples, retired people, etc. Families with young children/teens do not "own" RCI as a cruise line designed specifically and only for them. As long as RCI touts the romance and intimacy of cruising as a great trip for honeymoons/anniversaries and so forth, then I'd say it's a cruise line for everyone.)

beachchick

and some adults will be pissed just because they are there, and thats sad.:(

I don't think anyone has indicated that they are universally pissed that kids are on cruise ships. The point of the thread was to discuss whether there is interest in an adults-only cruise....not changing a company's entire marketing strategy and banning children across the board.

Special chartered cruises are not an unusual occurance. People get so defensive when the topic of kids come up. I don't think anyone is saying they don't belong on any cruises at all, but it's also no accident that it is a topic that pops up frequently.

I don't hate kids...in fact, I love to watch them enjoying themselves. But I'd sign up for an adults-only cruise in a heartbeat. Would be a different experience for sure, and probably an enjoyable one.

T

Archived