Promonade question

I've never been on RCCL and the Grandeur doesn't have a promanade,so I won't be able to find out, but I'm still curious non the less. Do you have to pay to eat the food at all the shops there? From what I've been able to learn from reading the boards, you have to pay for the Seattle's Best coffe and Ben and Jerry's ice cream, but it seems that other ships (particularly Freedom) have many pizza places and the such. Are they all extra?

Thanks for the info!

Grandeur "Price included, also known as free dining" is limited to the main dining room, the solarium and the windjammer. There are no fee restaraunts, Portofinos or Chops and no other alternative dining, such as JR or Seaview. As you mentioned, Seattle's best coffee and Ben & Jerry's are available at additional charge :)

i was wondering the same thing i saw pictures of deli sandwichs and such in one of the places in the promanade and wanted to know if there was a charge for this as well

sandwiches in the promonade and cookies and other desserts are included at cafe promonade.. The pizza is included also on all ships

Soccermomkat, Just to give you one more option, although you do have to pay for the coffee at Seattle's Best, the pastries, coffee cakes, etc.. they have are "no charge" !!!

Soccermomkat, Just to give you one more option, although you do have to pay for the coffee at Seattle's Best, the pastries, coffee cakes, etc.. they have are "no charge" !!!

correct.. I forgot about that... it seems like one of the best kept secrets because of the fact they are located in the pay coffee and Ben and Jerry's location, I think most people think you have to pay for those items.

Thanks to everyone for the info. So, what DOES the Grandeur have? How is their "regular" coffee - and do they have a Seattle's Best or a Ben and Jerry's? Do they have other "free" ice cream?

I am a very heavy coffee drinker and I think the ship's free coffee is lousy.. I bring the instant "tea bag" coffee and fix my own...

There is "free" soft serve ice cream machine generally on the pool deck, and I think there is one in the windjammer.

I am a very heavy coffee drinker and I think the ship's free coffee is lousy.. I bring the instant "tea bag" coffee and fix my own...

There is "free" soft serve ice cream machine generally on the pool deck, and I think there is one in the windjammer.

I thought the coffee in the urn at the cafe in the Promenade was generally pretty good - much better than both the Windjammer and dining room.

There is no promenade on Grandeur. No JR's. No Seaview, No Portofino's, No Chops. Dining is limited to the solarium with pizza, burgers, hotdogs annd wraps. The main dining room and the windjammer. Free soft serve is available in the windjammer. Seattles Best and Ben & Jerry's are available at extra cost. The free coffee tastes like all ships coffee. Clearer?:D

There is no promenade on Grandeur. No JR's. No Seaview, No Portofino's, No Chops. Dining is limited to the solarium with pizza, burgers, hotdogs annd wraps. The main dining room and the windjammer. Free soft serve is available in the windjammer. Seattles Best and Ben & Jerry's are available at extra cost. The free coffee tastes like all ships coffee. Clearer?:D

Very clear! Thanks!!!!:D

I didn't know about the wraps, so that's good news. I can only take so many burgers and pizza's out by the pool!;)

Since you've been so helpful, I've heard that the Windjammer closes early - around 9:00pm and I assume that the solarium closes early too? Do you have any idea on that? If they both close early, what do you do for a late night snack?

I believe the solarium may be open for late night snacks, but I'm not positive. We always have late dinner seating so that generally tides us over until bed, we aren't late night eaters. :) Our compass wouldn't help since Grandeur itineraries and schedules have changed.

Archived