Would anyone else like HAL to come back...

torpeedo

I would really like to take a summer caribbean cruise on a HAL ship and really miss their presence in the caribbean. I know Princess, RCI, and Carnival are in the caribbean but I just want to cruise HAL. Does anyone else want to see HAL come back to the caribbean in the summer??

I would really like to take a summer caribbean cruise on a HAL ship and really miss their presence in the caribbean. I know Princess, RCI, and Carnival are in the caribbean but I just want to cruise HAL. Does anyone else want to see HAL come back to the caribbean in the summer??

Or at least one of the S class ships making NY to Bermuda cruises.. Perhaps MAASDAM..... two weeks making a north & southbound NY - Montreal cruise followed by two 7 day round trips to Bermuda. It is 22 years since we had a weekly HAL ship in Bermuda. It is time for a return!

Even the crew liked cruising to Bermuda.... three nights in port every week!

Stephen

Stephen

I don't think that Hurricanes are the major reason HAL has no ships in the Caribbean for a full six months of the year. I think it is because they can (and do) charge (and get) much higher prices for Alaska and Canada/New England cruises.

I'D LOVE IF they would again sail 12 months in the Caribbean. Any one of their ships at all.....but, it saddens us there are none. We love cruising the Caribbean in the summer and did so many times.

Or at least one of the S class ships making NY to Bermuda cruises.. ... two weeks making a north & southbound NY - Montreal cruise followed by two 7 day round trips to Bermuda. It is 22 years since we had a weekly HAL ship in Bermuda. It is time for a return!

Stephen

ABSOLUTELY! We've done rt NY to Bermuda 3 times and would do it every summer if available on HAL. A b2b2b Canada/Bermuda would be great, too. :D

As sail7seas mentioned, it is more the $$s than anything else and so many new ports opening up. Yes, we too like the Caribbean, but the demand just isn't as great as it used to be, especially out of Fl. More and more cruisers are looking for new adventure; they like Hawaii, Europe (lately especially the eastern Med) Alaska and then Bermuda. I wish as both a cruiser and a TA each line would offer at least 2 Caribbean itineraries during the summer: 1 7 days or more and one 4-5. Just my thoughts here. NMNita

I agree with S7S. I'd really like to have more options for cruising the Caribbean in the summer. It really is the only time of the year that we can take a cruise longer than the typical 7 day cruise.

I have no ambition to cruise carnival. The Princess ships in the Caribbean in the summer are just too large for me. RCI has some summer Caribbean cruises, but I'd really prefer HAL.

I have no desire to cruise Alaska. We haven't cruised Europe for about 4 years or so and I'm in no hurry to return. We did many, many land/air trips there in addition to our European cruising.

We've done (are again doing) Canada/New England the last three years in a row and really want to return to sailing the Caribbean in the summer. We seem to never tire of the Caribbean

We would do a Canada/New England itinerary back-to-back with a Bermuda cruise. Actually, that would be a great trip. If if were seven days for each totaling 14 days....and have it sail from BOSTON!!!! We'd be the first to sign up.

We've taken about 4 hotel trips to Bermuda and sailed there twice round trip from New York. I have to admit they were not my very favorite trips but the island is very, very beautiful and the people are fabulous. We'd definitely cruise there if given the choice.

RCCL does an alternating 9 day Caribbean and 5 day Bermuda cruise out of NYC. It would be great if HAL would do something similar. Even a NYC- New England/NYC-Bermuda combination might become a popular choice for HAL to consider. I think Sail7Seas' idea for alternating 7 day cruises out of Boston is great too.

I guess its just a matter of demand. I think the Caribbean is overwrought with just about every line. I think someone recognized the fact that HAL can charge a premium and still fill up an entire ship with the Canada/New England and Alaska trips during the summer months.

Now, I personally would rather do Canada/New England over the Caribbean but that's just my preference. I am perhaps one of the few people who isn't a big fan of the Caribbean but saying that guess where I am going on my December cruise? The Caribbean. Bermuda would be nice and I do wonder why HAL hasn't jumped on the Bermuda band wagon considering they travel almost every other place in the world. Never been there and would consider it.

I wish I could take credit for the alternating itinerary suggestion, but credit must go to Prinsendam. Stephen first proposed the suggestion and I think it's a great idea.

I'd love for HAL to do something like that.

I guess its just a matter of demand. I think the Caribbean is overwrought with just about every line. I think someone recognized the fact that HAL can charge a premium and still fill up an entire ship with the Canada/New England and Alaska trips during the summer months.

Now, I personally would rather do Canada/New England over the Caribbean but that's just my preference. I am perhaps one of the few people who isn't a big fan of the Caribbean but saying that guess where I am going on my December cruise? The Caribbean. Bermuda would be nice and I do wonder why HAL hasn't jumped on the Bermuda band wagon considering they travel almost every other place in the world. Never been there and would consider it.

I'm doing the Caribbean in December too... which one are you on? I'm Noordam on Dec. 16

Well I hope HAL hears the interest is still there. I have to think that with soooo many ships in Alaska that they are oversaturated by now. I have no interest in Alaska so seeing all the great ships up there sad. Bermuda suggestion is a great one. Have never been there and would love to see HAL do something along those lines. I would not consider NCL but they have some kind of deal with Bermuda where you can eat off the ship and call it free style and you don't have additional charge as I understand it. Pretty neat but too bad it's NCL.

I, too, very much wish that HAL did Bermuda. DH wants very much to go to Bermuda - so much that we are considering a September cruise on the other X-rated line that I hesitate to mention here. It is very possible that in the next few days our desire to see Bermuda will trump our loyalty to HAL (at least for this one cruise)......AND I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT WE WOULD HAVE A BETTER CRUISE TO BERMUDA ON HAL THAN ON X.....

If you are listening HAL, do, please, notice. We also miss the summer itineraries in the Caribbean.

Hi arzz- how was your Alaska cruise?

Count me in as another that would love to cruise to Bermuda! Really wishing that HAL would add that itinerary in summers. I looked into that "other" brand and found the one ship they have cruising there is one of the (if not the) oldest ships in their fleet and not well rated. I'll keep watching those brochures and maybe someday we'll get a nice surprise! With more HAL ships being added, surely not all of them need to go to Alaska and Europe.

Not trying to start anything here, but what is the big draw to Bermuda? I have never been there, and know little about it...can anyone enlighten me?

It's pretty, warm (not hot), sunny, civilized, safe, beautifully British.

The natives are friendly. Shopkeepers are helpful---to the point of sending you to a competitor if they don't have what you're looking for.

The beaches are gorgeous!

It's like two different cruises going there---the sea days back and forth, and the three days there.

The thought brings back warm and fuzzy memories of my first cruise. :)

I wouldn't want them to bring it back for the summer. I wouldn't want the chance of my cruise being re-routed or even cancelled or heck staying in the middle of the ocean because it's to unsafe with the huricane season. Besides it's better to do those types of cruises when it's not hot here.

I agree - I think that last year was a rescheduling nightmare for HAL and a lot of other lines, and it may not make sense to have a ship in the Caribbean full time given increased demand for intineraries in Europe and yes, Alaska, where there certainly seems to be no lack of demand.

Let's not forget HAL isn't the only line missing from the Caribbean this summer: Celebrity also pulled the plug on their sailings there this year. If I cruise the Caribbean sure, I'd rather go on HAL, but if there's no alternative, I'll pick another line - or cruise from October to April.

It does make sense for HAL to cruise alaska, as they fill up sooo fast! I live in Seattle area, and we are going on alaska cruise next week! Veendam July12th, and can't wait. Second time to alaska on HAL.

Why do some of you have no interest in Alaska, it really is beautiful!

I guess its just a matter of demand. I think the Caribbean is overwrought with just about every line.

And Alaska will rapidly become that way too.

I wonder ... I thought the State of Alaska limited the number of cruise ships plying its waters ... for environmental reasons. How is it then that all these cruise lines can put multiple ships there now? Or did the State lift those limits in the interest of bolstering the economy?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Why do some of you have no interest in Alaska, it really is beautiful!

Roses, I'd love to go to Alaska and I figure some year I will definitely do the cruise there. However, its the dreaded Caribbean in 2006 (mainly because of the ship and not the iteniary and its not even HAL either) and I just booked a European cruise in 2007. So, 2008?:) I've been on a land trip to the Yukon years ago and loved it so would love to go back up north again.(In the summer time of course!; no Alaska winters for me:eek: )

I have to agree with Rita that the cruise lines are overflowing in Alaska. However, if the demand is there............and it is..........this is where the ships are going to be. I never thought about the need for controls but hmmmm, it just may have to come to that eventually. Still, I suspect I'll be one of those tourists overflowing the place!

Archived