Belize sight-seeing tour?

frito58

We have searched the Belize sight and have not been able to find what we are looking for. We went to St. Maarten a couple of years ago. At the end of the pier they were offering tours of the island. The tour guide was local and very informative, tour was in an air-conditioned van and as we recall was only around $20-$30 per person. We are hoping to find something like this in Belize (don't think cave tubing is for us!). Any information would be greatly appreciated. p.s. I hope they don't move this to the Belize sight as their are very few people that visit that page.

Thanks!

Agree with others. We were on the Miracle 1st week of November 2006. The tender ride to the pier and shopping area took only 12 minutes. We walked around the shops for about 20 minutes and and decided to book a City Tour and the price was around $25.00 per person. The tour also took us out into the country where we stopped at a small shopping area with local artists selling their items. The tour lasted about 2 1/2 hours and we were happy with the tour. The tender ride back to the ship was 15 minutes.

Thanks everyone, This will be our 5th cruise and it seems like you always need to learn new things each time you go. I can see now why newbies can get so panicked , but this site has helped us so much each time we have went. Thanks again................

• 5 weeks later...

There will be tour vendors at the Tender Pier area. If you contact Reggie Trapp (do a Google as his email/web page address may have changed) his wife often will help you with a "designed" tour just for you. Reggie does a good job on the Cave Tubing.

Bon Voyage

See my other post re: Margaret Tillet. She did a good job with our tour. We could not find what we were looking for either as far as tours, but after searching (and I really searched!), I found a few recommendations for her on here from long-time posters. (There seems to be some advertising from new posters for tour guides companies, so I wanted some recommendations from others.) I found her email and comapny name, Belize exclusives (I think) thru googling and contacted her. We were quite please. Rtaes wre reasonable.

Just one bit of advice would be to combine your city tour with something else as there is not alot to see in the city and for 10 or 15 bucks more you can see the zoo or baboon sanctuary or something of that nature. Belize is a beautiful country and one of my favorite ports, but you HAVE to get outside of Belize City to see it.

Archived