What To Drink In Concierge Club

I don't drink very much and they won't stock Baileys!! Lots of ladies would like this, but the answer is no.

So what can anyone suggest as a nice drink that's not too alcoholic? I don't think they make cocktails.

What kinds of drinks are generally available ton the Concierge Club? Is it pretty much the same as the bars? Do they only have house wines and champagne or do they stock other types? Do they serve the frozen drinks or specialty coffees like Irish Coffee?

On Brilliance (my only experience so far) the bar was quite basic - wine, beer (didn't drink any, so I don't know which labels) and the standard hard liquors - vodka, bourbon, scotch, gin. I'm not sure what was available for mixers, but there isn't a full setup in the CC. Jack & Coke were available, I had vodka & ginger ale, that sort of basic stuff.

If you're "lucky" there will be too many passengers for the Club to accomodate and they'll move you to a satellite lounge, where there will be a real bartender and a full line of drinks.

I don't drink very much and they won't stock Baileys!! Lots of ladies would like this, but the answer is no.

So what can anyone suggest as a nice drink that's not too alcoholic? I don't think they make cocktails.

On what ships won't they stock Baileys in the concierge club? We were on the 6/2 Explorer sailing and all my wife drank was Baileys in the c.c.

I can tell you that on Radiance and Serenade, the wine in the Concierge Lounge was not high end. We weren't expecting $50-60/bottle wines, but something along the lines of Kendall Jackson would have been an improvement.

On what ships won't they stock Baileys in the concierge club? We were on the 6/2 Explorer sailing and all my wife drank was Baileys in the c.c.

It varies based on the concierge and the hotel director.

On Brilliance (my only experience so far) the bar was quite basic - wine, beer (didn't drink any, so I don't know which labels) and the standard hard liquors - vodka, bourbon, scotch, gin. I'm not sure what was available for mixers, but there isn't a full setup in the CC. Jack & Coke were available, I had vodka & ginger ale, that sort of basic stuff.

If you're "lucky" there will be too many passengers for the Club to accomodate and they'll move you to a satellite lounge, where there will be a real bartender and a full line of drinks.

Jean -- would not be surprised if this happened on the Serenade with our ending up in one of the Viking Crown lounges that gets very little use. Our table mates were Diamond and they were up in Hollywood Odessy I think most nights.

We only went before dinner on Brilliance and I don't remember seeing Bailey's, but they did have Kahlua. I am a Dewar's and soda person and they had that. I would drink red wine, but I never checked to see what they had. We haven't been to a Concierge Club that had an offshoot to a bar. That might be interesting as my sister drinks Mudslides. (On Brilliance she drank ginger ale) Guess we shall see what's available on Mariner.

No matter, we are lucky to have a Concierge Club. Enjoy your cruise.

Last year on Serenade they didn't have bailey's when I asked for it the first night but the concierge had it for me the second night.

I hope they have the Baileys when we're on the Serenade. If not I'm sure we won't go thirsty.....I really like cranberry juice or grapefruit juice as mixers - please tell me they had those in the lounge. Do they make lattes' and mochas too?

I hope they have the Baileys when we're on the Serenade. If not I'm sure we won't go thirsty.....I really like cranberry juice or grapefruit juice as mixers - please tell me they had those in the lounge. Do they make lattes' and mochas too?

Cranberry juice yes, but no grapefruit juice, lattes or mochas....

I'll be trying the Concierge lounge for the first time on my cruise next January. How does the beverage service work? Is it a self-serve operation or are you supposed to request a drink from someone working there? Just wondering what the etiquette is...

karen, generally the concierge is acting as bar host, but if he gets busy, you can just serve yourself. From reports that I have read, it really varies. I always told Giuseppe not to bother with me, that I'm perfectly happy to pour my own wine. He WANTED to wait on me, but I wanted to give him a break! :)

The cappuccino machine does make lattes but if you want a mocha you will have to sacrifice one of your pillow mints to your coffee drink. It will be a mint mocha though!

I guess a packet of hot chocolate mix would work. Can't sacrafice the pillow mint. :eek:

Do you have to had completed your 10th cruise for concerige service? We are on the Explorer next month & are booked in a D2 stateroom & this will be our 10th cruise. How does this service work?

Thanks

We were in the same situation on Jewel in January -- that was our 10th cruise. We had actually sailed in a Junior Suite on Nordic Empres (now Empress of the Seas) in 1997 which counts as 2 cruise cruise credits but RCCL did not count the double credits before 1999 or 2000. I called Platinium/Diamond about this and my agent also tried to get our diamond status for the Jewel.

So, Serenade will be my first Diamond cruise and as DH will not go to Alaska, my girlfriend will enjoy all the perks including the Concierge Lounge with me. DH will have to wait until January on Mariner to enjoy our new status.

Do you have to had completed your 10th cruise for concerige service? We are on the Explorer next month & are booked in a D2 stateroom & this will be our 10th cruise. How does this service work?

Thanks

You won't be Diamond until you complete your 10th cruise. So, after this one, any future cruises you will be Diamond status and be given a key to the Concierge Lounge. I have heard that on Freedom though there is a Diamond Lounge for Diamond cruisers and that the Concierge Lounge is for suites. (JS doesn't count as a suite for access to the Concierge Lounge. In either case it's a great perk that RCCL gives that I haven't heard of on any other line.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived