Some Questions About Queens Grill Accommodations

Keith1010

I had a few quesetions related to Queen Grill Accommodations along with some other questions.

1. Are the refrigerators in the Queens Grill Suites restocked with wine in addition to non-alcoholc beverages?

2. Are there internet connections available in these suites. Are these ethernet connections? Also, do the suites support wireless connections?

3. In the Queens Grill Restaurant do you keep the same assigned table for breakfast and for lunch as you do for dinner? Will you normally have the same waiter for breakfast and lunch as you do for dinner or do the waiters rotate during the daytime hours?

4. Does Cunard offer internet packages. If so, what types of plans are available and what is the cost?

Thanks in advance for your help with these questions.

Keith

I can answer a few of your questions.

1. Are the refrigerators in the Queens Grill Suites restocked with wine in addition to non-alcoholc beverages?

When asked what two bottles we wanted we asked for wine and baileys. The wine was not replenished once we had finished it (we didn't finish the baileys. There was also beer in the fridge which didn't get replaced once we removed it.

So it only was the non-alcocolic drinks that were replaced.

3. In the Queens Grill Restaurant do you keep the same assigned table for breakfast and for lunch as you do for dinner? Will you normally have the same waiter for breakfast and lunch as you do for dinner or do the waiters rotate during the daytime hours?

We had the same table for all three meals and the same waiters. The only difference is that during breakfast and Lunch there were only two of the three waiters as these meals were never as busy as dinner.

If you want you should be able to get a different table for lunch or breakfast. Maybe you have a large table in the evening and would like one for two for the other meals.

People seemed to be changing tables with regularity during our cruise.

As for the internet questions, I believe that the access is the same as for all staterooms. I did not see any ethernet ports apart from the ones under the TV providing the entertainment system.

I work with computers every day, so did not want to see one while on holiday :)

Here's what the charges were in late May, early June this year:

Web access using either your own computer or one of their's is $0.50 per minute. Prepaid discount packages are available (you must go to ConneXions on Deck 2 to sign up):

$13.50 for 1/2 hour (5% off)

$24.95 for 1 hour (8% off)

$47.95 for 2 hours (20% off)

$89.95 for 4 hours (25% off)

$167.95 for 8 hours (30% off)

$287.95 for 16 hours (40% off)

$479.95 for 32 hours. (50% off)

Unused time will not be refunded unless you couldn't use it because their link was down. The folks at the ConneXions desk (Laura and Mitch in May,June) couldn't have been more patient and helpful. And believe me there were times during outages when they were placating several annoyed to irate users at a time.

There are lots of WiFi HotSpots, and your cabin may be a "WarmSpot" depending on its proximity to a HotSpot. The HotSpots are:

ConneXions lobby

Grand Lobby

Golden Lion Pub

Chart Room

Sir Samuels

Queens Room & G32

Winter Garden

Kings Court

Queens Grill Lounge

Library

Commodore Club

Atlantic Room

Sports Deck on Deck 12

Internet access as above is completely separate from the CUNNARDMAIL email service available in every cabin at a flat $1.50 per send or receive.

Hope this helps,

Paul

I had a few quesetions related to Queen Grill Accommodations along with some other questions.

On QE2 the initial bottle of champagne is not replenished. The spirits are, if you finish one.

2. Are there internet connections available in these suites. Are these ethernet connections? Also, do the suites support wireless connections?

None at all, at least on QE2.

QE2 again. Same staff all the time, same table all the time. Sometimes one of the two will be sent to the Lido for a session. Doesn't happen too often.

4. Does Cunard offer internet packages. If so, what types of plans are available and what is the cost?

Yes. Full details in your (QE2) suite. Takes it down slightly but still scarey prices.

Thanks in advance for your help with these questions.

Keith

kindlychap,

on your recent QE2 trip do they still give you the next day's menus for the QG Rest the day before i.e. in your cabin when you retire?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

On your recent QE2 trip do they still give you the next day's menus for the QG Rest the day before i.e. in your cabin when you retire?

They do - at least the draft. Then the second draft is available at Lunchtime - with a quick check from the Maitre d' that everything is in order and that broiled albatross is not required as an off menu request!

With a quick check from the Maitre d' that everything is in order and that broiled albatross is not required as an off menu request!

Don't be daft - albatross is far too tough to broil - it'd need to be stewed:)

Archived