How much are Royal Caribbean's sodas?

I'm taking my first cruise vacation over Christmas, and I'm looking at the fine print on the soda/juice card. Six bucks a day plus 15%? I'm a Coca-cola drinker, but I'm not sure even I can drink fifty bucks worth of Coke in a week. How much does a soda cost if you buy one without the card, and is it fountain (how big?), canned, or bottled? If I do buy the card, how many places are there on board to use it? Also, what brands of soda does Royal Caribbean stock? If it's Pepsi, my decision is pre-made; I'd rather drink water.

The soda products onboard are Coke. I "believe" the cans are $1.50+ the 15% gratutity at the bars. They also have cans of soda & bottles of water in your cabin. I can't remember if they added the gratuity to those cans or not.

Never bought the soda card cause for me it wouldn't be worth it, there is enough Free stuff to drink (Ice tea, lemonade)keep me happy.

Guest cvbart
I'm taking my first cruise vacation over Christmas, and I'm looking at the fine print on the soda/juice card. Six bucks a day plus 15%? I'm a Coca-cola drinker, but I'm not sure even I can drink fifty bucks worth of Coke in a week. How much does a soda cost if you buy one without the card, and is it fountain (how big?), canned, or bottled? If I do buy the card, how many places are there on board to use it? Also, what brands of soda does Royal Caribbean stock? If it's Pepsi, my decision is pre-made; I'd rather drink water.

Were you a BT or MM in the Navy:)

I don't think they add gratuity to the sodas in the fridge-- On our 10 day cruise, we bought 3 sodas total, between 2 people. If you're not a soda-aholic, just pay as you go! (We ended up drink lots of ice water from the bars (free!) at the pool.) If I'm going to pay for drinks, I want it to have an effect!

Anything purchased from the fridge in your room is subject to the 15% gratuity. That's what makes the pop or M&M's so expensive, and made my decision for me. ;)

On Explorer, we were able to buy canned pop and single chocolate bars in the gift shop on the Royal Promenade; not sure if they have that on other ships (I know they didn't on Vision 3 years ago - perhaps that has changed?). At least it was more reasonable this way. We don't drink enough pop to make the card worth while, but we did see a lot of passengers walking around with the refillable cups (the soda card cups).

To each his/her own, but we were perfectly happy buying our extras (chocolate bars, bottled water, personal items) on shore in port. It was definitely less expensive.

On RCI it wasn't worth it for me to buy the soda card. (and I am additcted to Diet Coke) I did however stop at Wal-greens before the cruise and pick up a 12 pack to stick in the fridge. The sodas that I bought on board were 1.50 plus the 15%. If you do get a soda card you can use it almost anywhere on board (except room service). And it is fountain soda. I hope this information helps.

p.s. you do get a souvenier tumbler when you by the soda card. That doesn't mean that you have to use it to get your free soda but you can if you want.

Archived