Carnival Transfers from MCO-Port Canaveral

gill_boo

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has taken a cab from Orlando Airport out to the Port Canaveral port where Carnival docks. Wondering what costs are if its better better to do a cab or pay for the transfers through Carnival?

THanks!

Thanks, Becky- Do I call my PVP to book the transfers, and are they only available the day of sailing? We usually come in the day before, not sure if we should stay near the airport or the port. Do any of the port hotels offer transportation?

Sally

If you are going in early, I'd rent a car. There are no one-way fees in Florida, and some rental agencies like Budget in Cocoa Beach have a shuttle that will take you to the port after they drop you off. This lets you have a car for sightseeing, last minute shopping ... whatever ... and can be cheaper than the price of two Carnival transfers.

We ended up using Carnival transfers because of a scheduling issue I wasn't able to get off work the day before our cruise. Initially we had planned to fly down the night before and rent a car to make the drive to Port Canaveral. It would have worked out cheaper than the transfers. I would consider this as an option only if going in the night before. In May there were some serious brushfires and many of the routes to the port were closed. If you were unfamiliar with the route you could be in trouble :eek: in a situation like this!

We rented from Budget at the airport in Orlando on Friday, enjoyed Orlando, a leisurly breakfast on the way to the port. Returned the car at Cape Canaveral Budget, they loaded our luggage on the shuttle van, and within minutes we were at the Port. Very easy drive from Orlando to port. Cost only $30 plus a 1/4 tank of gas. And we had our independence. Took the transfer back after the cruise as we flew home the day we disembarked. Very quick and convenient, cost a few dollars more, but after our vacation, we didn't want to have to think until absolutely neccesary!

Have a great trip!

If you're traveling with a large group, you might consider looking at a private transporation company. There are 19 of us doing the Fantasy cruise on 7/13. Thirteen of us will be flying in to MCO together on Wednesday night. We have contracted with Orlando Transportation and Tours to pick us up from our hotel on Thursday morning and deliver us to Port Canaveral. They will pick us up again on Monday morning, take us to Sea World, hang on to our luggage in the trailer for the day, and return to pick us up from Sea World and take us to the airport for our late night flight. For an 11-14 passenger van (including a trailer for the luggage), the total cost per person (includes all taxes, tolls and gratuities (which I calculated)), each of the 13 will pay only $30. If you have a large group, this certainly is an economical way to reserve your ground transportation. Good luck!

You can ccall your TA and get transfers ahead of time and they will be included in your tickets. I called and got one to get to the ship but coming back we did the NASA tour with tranfer included. That could only be booked once on the ship.

Becky

If you arrive for a pre-cruise stay and there are 4 or less people, Budget often has the best price; we did a mid-size (got a Taurus) for $25. Stayed at Cocoa Beach, had dinner at Grills, returned car in AM to Budget and were shuttled to the pier. For the return to MCO, we paid for the transfer on the bus $10pp. Trip is 45-50 minutes each way depending on traffic.

Bon voyage

Archived