Facilities for cigar smoking on Freedom?

Can anyone report if there are facilities for cigar smoking on RCCL's Freedom such as a cigar bar of some sort?

I know you can smoke on your balcony, but I was wondering if there is a specific place.......I am not sure what the "Conniseur Club" is.

Or do the many bars such as the Champagne bar, Bull & Bear, Vintages allow this.........AND will I be treated like criminal if I light up?

I realize how offensive this is to many people, but I also know there are a great many people out there who enjoy this as well and was just wondering what the policy might be.

Thanks

On Voyager-class ships there is the Conniseur club, which is a self contained cigar lounge. Vision-class ships typically have a small back section of the viking crown set aside for cigar smokers. not sure about Radiance. Of course you can smoke on your balcony, though if you ask on this board you'll probably get an earful from people who don't like that. You can also smoke on the smoking side of the promenade deck, which is typically sparsely populated. You'll probably get dirty looks if you light up on the pool deck during busy times.

I don't honestly recall if the other bars "allow" cigar smoking. It may depend on how busy they are or if anyone complains. :)

DH smokes only on the balcony or in the Cigar Bar. I'm pretty sure that even the other bars that allow smoking don't allow cigars. If he is smoking on the balcony and neighbors are out he always asks if it bothers them.

Well.

I don't know what it all means..But to those of us who are interested in what the ship says..

The Library on Rhapsody doubles as a cigar room ...Don't know what hours.

The compass states on it ...The Rhapsody of the Seas is designated primarily a non-smoking ship...However smoking is allowed...yada yada yada...No idea if that is a standard comment on all the ships..Never noticed it on Mariner... And I don't know if it includes cigars or not...

Normally, one side of the ship is for smoking...starboard, I think. I have never had a problem with any staff or officer regarding my usage of a cigar in those venues. Fact is, as long as it is a legal smoke and does not entail smoking meat for a snack over lounge chair kindling, I don't think there is a problem with the vessel crew.

Rhapsody library might be fine, but there is not very good ventilation and it is cramped. My preference is to be outdoors....that's what I do at home. I usually take my own travel ash tray/cutter combination and go find a quiet secluded place and enjoy the cigar with a fine drink and the wonderful company of my spouse.

I think the bottom line is courtesy, courtesy, courtesy....by those who smoke as well as the non-smoker in our midst.:)

I haven't been on a ship as of yet that didn't have some kind of designated space for cigar smoking. On Grandeur in May, the library became the cigar lounge after a certain hour. I've seen them smoked on the designated "smoking" side of the ship plenty of times. Truth be told, I smoke about once or twice per cruise, and always in the designated "cigar bar" or lounge because I don't want to bother anyone, and I know I won't be bothered by people threatening to fart on my face for enjoying a cigar. :p

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

As stated earlier, the connoisseur club on deck 5 on voyager class ships is a cigar lounge. The Radiance class ships usually designate the Crown & Anchor Lounge on deck 12 or the Hollywood Odyssey on deck 13 as a cigar lounge after 9 or 10pm. Check the Compass for times & locations..

I have seen plenty of cigar smoking on the upper decks (outside) in the evening. Usually after dinner the sea air blows it away, didn't bother us in the least. I can't believe a poster can tolerate cigarette smoke better than cigar now thats GROSS!

having just been aboard thye majesty and having a son who occasionaly smokes a small cigar, they have the library designated for cigar smoking. no place else on the ship is cigar smoking allowed. or pipes for that matter.

iliketorelax, I can't speak to FOS specifically, but usually on every ship there is a dedicated area for cigar smoking. You are free to smoke cigars on your balcony.

Cigarette smoking is allowed on open decks, usually on the starboard side only, and in the bars, but cigar smoking is not allowed on open decks nor in the bars. Check the Compass for the exact location.

Have a great cruise!

P.S. Let me remind everyone that the question is where the poster is allowed to smoke a cigar onboard FOS, not about anything else. Please stick to this specific topic.

I have a bad feeling this may be changing in the near future.

I just returned from the 7/2 Mariner and the majority of the Connoisseur Club was taken up by 2 10 player poker tables, with the couches and chairs around the perimeter.

Cigars were still sold and smoked in there (but not at the tables – cigarettes only:confused: :mad: ).

About three days into the cruise, the listing for the Connoisseur Club on the Compass was changed from Connoisseur Club Cigar Bar to Connoisseur Club Poker Room. In fact, the last day “cigar” appeared in the Compass, it listed “Cigar Bar” as Cloud 19. There is no Cloud 19. There is Cloud 9 and there is the 19th hole. I happened to be in Ellington’s in the late afternoon when another gentleman started asking about cigars and so I mentioned the oddity in the Compass and the bartender had to phone someone to ask. Apparently the intention was to have cigars outside behind the 19th Hole:mad: . I went to the Connoisseur Club anyway.

On my last night (in the Connoisseur Club), another passenger and I got to chat with the comedian John Wing over cigars.:)

-- Rob

I just returned from the 7/2 Mariner and the majority of the Connoisseur Club was taken up by 2 10 player poker tables, with the couches and chairs around the perimeter.

Is it possible there was a poker group on board that the line was trying to accommodate? Personally, even though I enjoy smoking cigars, I wouldn't lament the change to a poker room, as I would enjoy that as well, and could still smoke my cigar outdoors, which would be my typical venue anyway.

Archived