Things to Do Right After Boarding

Someone posted a list on the old boards of things to do after boarding your ship. We'll be on the Navigator in a week and other than making Chops or Portofino's reservations, is there anything else that is a "must do" after boarding? (Of course, getting a tropical drink goes without saying:)

Set up spa appointment(s), check seating assignment in DR (if you're curious), introduce yourself and get to know one of the bartenders, have room steward unload fridge (if you want him/her to), (and get to know your room steward), but my favorite, EXPLORE THE SHIP! :) (great time to take pictures/video of ship, too, especially if you board early before the big crowds).

Or, of course, just ignore my previous post, and find a lounge chair to relax in with your tropical drink! (great time to do this as the chair hoggers shouldn't be out in full force yet! ;) )

I always enjoy checking out the top suites... I don't see myself affording them anytime soon, but if I tempt myself by visiting - I tend to find a way to make it happen.

In my experience, the room stewards don't have a problem with this... I have even seen signs in them identifying what ammenities come with :rolleyes:

First things first, find a bartender and get a cold drink and relax, then get another drink then find your room. After that continue to repeat step one, thru four until you cant find your room.

1.make sure your Meet and Mingle CC party is all organized and your invited.

2. get cable hook up for lap top for your suite.

3.Sit on balcony smiling (with drink in hand) like you are a cat that just caught the mouse. :D

4. Luggage shows up and then ,you go nuts putting everything away. :rolleyes:

folgy, how do i make sure my m&m is all organized( we are on the confirmed list witha date and time already) ?

Go to the front desk and ask.You usually get notified in your cabin of the time and place(don't just rely on that).

It's a great time to :

1) Toss your carry on in your room (if you can)

2) Eat lunch

3) Play Mini-golf!

We played when we first got on the boat and we stood a chance , later that week we tried and between our "sea-legs" and the movement of the ocean- we were terrible! And we had to wait later in the week.

4) Then swim!

Karen

Song of America '91

Monarch '93

Majesty '96

Sovergn '99

Disney Wonder '02

Explorer of the Seas '03

Mariner 6/19/05!!!

:D We grab a drink, usually the drink of the day!

If the rooms aren't ready to drop off carryons we enjoy people watching to see the reactions as others board.

We usually find our dinningroom table then explore.

:) :) :)

Ok, I'll bite. I am new to cruising and you have said to unload fridge. Can I ask why?

Jahla

Unloading the fridge allows you to use it for your own purposes rather than holding the stuff that the cruise line would like for you to buy from them.

Ohh...ok.

1. Find your cabin, drop off your carry on, check out your balcony, (nice..!!!)get a drink, THEN pee!!

2. Explore the ship, have lunch, return to cabin and (in a perfect world!..LOL) find your luggage has been delivered, then pee again.

3. Unpack your tiki torches, aroma candles, full size iron, smuggled wine and liquor, ...and pet snake...make yourself another drink, then pee again.

Welcome to menopause!

Happy USA birthday, everyone!!

Cheers!

Island Lady:

Tiki Torches? That's a new one on me.

An ongoing joke in the same frame of the full size irons, candles, smuggled liquor, etc. Naturally none of the above are allowed to be taken on on the ship. Well.....you may find some of the last item...shhhhhh!!!

Ok, I will leave my pet snake at home....

Cheers!

Archived